Sexism, ANTI-LGBTQ+ and Skin-Based Racism has no place in RP in 2021

Okay, this is gonna be one of those things that will probably get some attention but I need to be clear on a few things first.

Number 1: Im a pretty content centerist leaning right wing politically.

Number 2: Even I cannot accept or agree with the over-abundance of sexism and racism in rp.

Now, let me be clear, xenophobia of a literally different species to your own is one thing I can just about tolerate “Void elves terrify me” is not the same as “The dark skinned man could be a Horde traitor”

Likewise…

“Women shouldnt be in battle” is literally, sexism, we dont live in a feudal RP scene and if you do, its not healthy, and even in RP, its still against the ToS of the game today.

You have “No” place in 2021.

Sexism, is, against the ToS, even in RP, do not do it, to men, to women, to anything. In addition, the game has had a protective policy towards the LGBTQ+ community for a fairly long while. Someone amoung the LGBTQ+ community is not out to ERP with you, or hurt you, so you can stop using the “LGBT=ERP” excuse as a shroud to justify intolerant anti-social behaviour in 2021, even in, RP.

This stuff, is not okay, it is, illegal, you “will” be reported.

If you are the type that actually needs to justify this with “humans are feudal” or “orcs are tribal” I dont know what to tell you other than we live in a fantasy world where those “feudal/tribal” conventions of the real world history do not apply.

Women can be Warchiefs/Chiefs/Respected warriors, And Queens/Knights/Ladies of renown.

Men can also be these things, and even Trans characters can be, this is not an issue.

What is an issue is outdated clichés about men being stronger than women in a fantasy game where Magic exists and also does not account for the fact that females can body build too, and body builders/trained women are actually likely to be stronger than the average man that “doesnt” work out, even if they may have a physical disadvantage to men that do, they still have magic, and means of power ups in the lore that could very easily equalise that strength.

In short, I am not here to create controversy, but rather to be clear, that such controversial rp is not okay in 2021, its against the ToS and there is no justification, even if you said “Its my character” its not good enough, your char is rped by you, your responsible for what “they” say and do.

“Im not like that OOC” then dont be like that IC, whats your excuse? Treat characters less by their gender/colour of skin/romantic prefferences, and more by their character as an individual.

To be clear this isnt an angry “respect women” rant either, this is just a simple case that your feudal RP arguments have no weight in a setting that does not fit those conventions, go play age of conan if thats really what you want.

48 Likes

We’ve had some threads about this before, fairly recently. The general opinion is that people who roleplay the above are just dumb. Our characters have no free will, we always decide what they do for them. And things like homophobia, transphobia, racism(skin colour, so not between like orcs vs humans) sexism etc have no place in Wow.

Also big agree on the ToS thing. Roleplay still uses the ingame chat channels and abide by the same rules. Regardless of if someone wants to believe their character is a pos.

8 Likes

I think everyone with little common sense agrees and those who don’t you shouldn’t bother interacting with + report them.

The fact that Blizzard doesn’t do anywhere near enough with the reports they get about awful behavior… well, that’s something else.

4 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir here, Válthazar.

The general consensus on the AD forums is that the World of Warcraft is a racial, gender and sexual inclusive world. (except if it’s against those dirty orcs).

We don’t have many smooth brains here anymore that ignore such lore (except maybe one or two people last time I checked).

Never seen this be said on, both ingame or on the forums.

Except in Lordaeron, where Calia (the oldest sibling) was ignored in favour of Arthas, her younger brother. Also, Terenas wanted to marry her off to a noble to strengthen the kingdom.

Anyway I agree sexism now makes no sense, but in the older warcraft games sexism happened and even in only slightly older lore sexism happened too.

Male night elves weren’t allowed to become soldiers or priests, female orcs had less rights and as mentioned above Calia was ignored in favour of her younger brother as heir to the throne of Lordaeron. Luckily Azeroth has progressed since those times.

(also it did come off as abit ranty to me OP!)

1 Like

Also on this topic im going to add one other thing, gratatious swearing, rping that kinda char that swears with the force of a hellblaster volleygun where your firing tiers of swearwords every second or third sentance is not healthy.

I can appriciate rping a char that comes from a commoner background, but having a commoner/pauper background or some “Norf” background history does not equate to “I swear like im some beefy football hooligan after 5 pints.”

Seriously, its just… ugly, in rp, and honestly boring to watch these days. This isnt game of thrones, so please, just, give it a rest with the angsty F*** C*** W***** kinda stuff, it really just… yeah be a bit more creative, please? Even lowborns dont always swear.

5 Likes

Didn’t we have a thread with almost the exact same title only like a few months ago? Sexisum = Bad, racisum = bad, breaking the TOS = bad. If someone wants to argue with that. then to be honest there not worth your time or interest.

4 Likes

Male night elves have- always been allowed to become soldiers, there was an entire garrison tied to that >.>…

Female Orcs have never had “less rights” infact this is just pure myth based on painful hypothesis that “Men are stronger thus women must do what man says” which… has never been the case ever.

The thing with Calia is “Outdated” lore, and since the retcon from Legion Chronicle onwards, the new lore has completley overwritten the old, there is no place for those older archaic conventions today, hence why so many of them got retconned.

3 Likes

Ive seen it a few times on the forums. But its litterally always the same 2-3 usual suspects with altposter.

2 Likes

Obviously, if IC is used to discriminate people OOC then this is not RP and should be talked over.
On a side note, topics like xenophobia or sexism can be an element of RP which, however, needs backstory and thought. I believe people who care about the craft have a natural curiosity so it will be easy to build a connection with them and figure things out.

3 Likes

Agreed on this Vixí there have been people trying to clout LGBTQ+ as some kind of “ERP deviant cult” that is “dangerous to kids” when these days we openly embrace the LGBTQ+ community in western social values, meaning, no, its a stupid argument, even kids are taught to accept them.

But I still see some people legit trying to make the cringe reach that the LGBTQ+ community is somehow some cult from Goldshire trying to expand its power base, despite the fact representation has been ebbing its way into wow for a while now even in the games lore and storylines.

2 Likes

Yeah those people are basically laughed at by everyone for being stupid, and you should definatly report it when you see it.

If Blizzard can be bothered is another issue entierly. There is still a openly homophobic thread from last year up and active on the general forums, and its barley moderated.

Is it the wedding one?

1 Like

Reception to black-skinned elves in some parts of the community still cracks me up. And “muh feudalism” and “muh gritty realistic grown up world” are a massive cope.

Anyway there is only one race that matters, the human race… :eyes:

15 Likes

The one where the OP was salty about the gay night warrior and thought they were elves.

Thats a funny way to spell gnomes.

2 Likes

Its not even a case of “tact” for sexism, or any kind of justified reason for it, weather your char hates men, or women, or anything, its not suitable in todays RP scene, and likewise, today’s ToS.

Id argue anyone that needs to use sexism as a crutch for a chars behaviour lacks the imagination to come up with something more creative.

2 Likes

My biggest issue with the new elf skin tone options is that they’re really cool and make me want to roll an elf I absolutely do not have time to play.

3 Likes

I dont know about that one but i do know about the gay elf wedding that got people mad, where is that wedding even? Havent encountered it yet.

1 Like

Its a secret.

It’s a line of dialogue in the NF campaign quest. That’s it, one line, with someone reffering to someone else as his husband.

1 Like