Sexism, ANTI-LGBTQ+ and Skin-Based Racism has no place in RP in 2021

Thats not a constructive post under the rules. Should I report it. I have been banned for less.

Sorry that was me. The chilli is doing its work on my stomache.

I mean. I presented an argument. Whether or not you personally think that argument is constructive is up to you but as you’re not a forum moderator, that’s questionable at best. If anything, your reply, assumption of objectivity, implication I’ll be banned for presenting an argument - is bereft of any constructive merit.

tl;dr version:

Don’t role-play out a serious relationship with someone else’s character unless you’re aware they’re an adult, relationships not withstanding - odds are you wouldn’t get into legal hot water over role-playing with someone if you don’t know their age (unless it’s sexually explicit but you shouldn’t be doing that anyway) but I haven’t seen a precedent for that.

We know for a fact that there are many role-players on AD specifically that’ve been getting away with it for years and worse besides, despite alarming amounts of evidence being brought to the attention of the moderation team over a course of years.

Needless to say, I will personally never understand people that come to WoW to engage in second-life RP. It’s an oddity to me.

edit: also there’s nothing inherently sexual about lgbtq+(probably forgetting some letters) themes and making that jump is suggestive of some toxic or narrow minded leanings, imo. There are plenty of suggestive straight couples in the game and even some themes that border on being provocative that are clearly there for adult gamers - see various types of clothing, customization options, goblin girl calendar, skimpily dressed npcs, specific npc dialogue etc. Take off the rose tinted glasses, look harder.

1 Like

Youre already weird enough, dont go down that route.

Your fault!

are you just trying to troll right now?

ERP (with a minor / unverified person) = Nonce behaviour.
Relationship roleplay that features physical intimacy (with a minor / unverified person) = Nonce behaviour.
Relationship roleplay as a general rule = Not nonce behaviour.
Displays of non-straight orientations or non-cis identities in roleplay = Absolutely not nonce behaviour.

Really that easy.

6 Likes

Only if there is ERP involved.

It is that simple. There does not have to be physical intimacy. The court can see it as grooming.

Oh, in addition:

Assuming that displaying one’s sexuality (particularly when it isn’t straight) directly correlates to ERP or sexually inappropriate behaviour = 100% nonce behaviour.

Just because term has ‘sex’ in it doesn’t mean that’s all there is to it.

3 Likes

The court of homophobes dont like handholding?

Ok, we should care why?

Depends on your definition of grooming per country law.

Considering the amount of known Jade Witches on Argent Dawn who have been reported consistently for a long time, we as a community know by now that nobody is ever going to be made to stand trial over RP allegations.

Just out of curiosity why should somebody? Its not like you can force anybody to RP with you. Like just /ignore anybody that bothers you. Thats what i’m doing if i get creept on while playing my Female charakters.

TBH I’d love to live in an alternative timeline where grooming on WoW gets punished not just by Blizzard but the deliquent’s local law enforcement, but we aren’t in that reality.

As it stands we haven’t even seen one of our more prolific prostitute ERPers getting suspended or banned, merely temporarily silenced for being an angry man on public chats and ostracized for being a clown on a stream.

2 Likes

I’d personally like to imagine that the majority of people would simply do such under an umbrella or pattern of simple ignorance, as is the case with minors who engage in questionable RP with adults or questionable RP with other minors - which happens constantly, un-moderated, let’s not pretend the typical Goldshirian is 18+ BUT-

And I will stress. It has been the case, time and time again, throughout the years, where RP has been used as a tool by predatory individuals to gain the trust or intimacy of either unverified individuals or confirmed minors. Which is a pretty serious issue that should be taken into account, imo. I imagine the majority of younglings do not know any better than to just toss someone on ignore and the burden of responsibility shouldn’t be on them regardless.

Not ONCE have I seen or heard anything regarding one of our more prolific offenders being penalized for their behavior, for a myriad of reasons. The most obvious one being that it likely never extends beyond in-game activities, and the individuals in question are so far apart that local law enforcement is powerless in regards to international law.

Never engage in physical RP in a game with minors.

Handholding could be grooming, if done with a minor as part of RPing a relationship. The grooming behaviour does not have to be sexual in nature. Handholding is making intimite behavior seem normal to the minor. As you are trying to be physically close, its like cuddling but in a way partners would. Could be abusive.

Why open yourself up to potential legal problems.

If the game is over +18 and relationships are park of the game then that ok I think.

Be careful about who you /hug, people! It could land you in some serious hot water says local forum expert.

3 Likes

That would be fine.

What did I just read…?

LGBT+ is suddenly NSFW or something?? What is this guy on? Ya need to realise that LGBT+ isn’t sexual and doesn’t mean sex related things. I was questioning at a young age. It wasn’t sex related. So LGBT+ RP is fine and all that jazz. Why on earth did it descend into talking about minors… unless… equating LGBT+ = must protect the children!!!
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

But would it not be a parents job to check what there child is up to? Or at least teach there child how to handle an aproach like that?

Don’t get me wrong but i get why court would not do something about it. Because there is a report function,there is a ticket function,there is an ignor button for exactly those cases.

I mean sure screw pedophiles and actuall predators and i hope they get banned or what ever but i definetly would say there is also a sort of responsebility on the other end of the computer. I remember my mother was very sceptical when i back when i was a child started playing Video games online but after a while she saw how happy i was while playing with my friends so she went more at eaze but i definetly remember having talked with her about cases like strangers aproaching me.