Shadow Priest feedback so far

The “We” goes for group of people that enjoyed Void Form. That obviously does not apply to everyone. The point is, there were promises that it would be kept in game as a legacy for those who enjoyed it and yet, the game was deprived of this promise, so that is one thing to consider.

And about the LFR part - 80% of WoW community are casual players, so by default, those people do not think if this is good for that kind of content and vice versa, so of course people that do end game content mythic raiding do value more and have better knowledge about this, so that comment is valid enough.

1 Like

You know a lowkey forum poster like me spoke with endless LFR heroes like you and they always had 0 XP or always hide behind a classic alt.

You just proved my point.
You have 0 relevancy to the class and you just entered the forums to bash someone, nothing new here

2 Likes

And anyone who says “Shadow during Legion / BFA was bad in raids because of Void Form” obviously does not have enough knowledge and experience to judge that, hence, rendering their comments incompetent, because it was never true.

1 Like

Well, if there’s one thing to acknowledge with Blizzard…

Of course. The mechanic should have never been taken away, only adjusted, so little was needed to make it work as it should be working. So much for empty promises really. Getting rid of something so unique and something that is not generic and something that people genuinely enjoyed will always go beyond me.

See?
Those are the people that are responsible, either hiding in a classic lowbie or just blatandly blame the spec whilst they dont have gear to play it.

Firemage was entirely useless without the proper trinkets + stats (dont know about it now) but nobody talked about them, they all focused shadow and ruined it.

It is very known and common issue that people that do not play the class / spec or do not play it enough to have the experience to judge how it works often post on forums and make videos on how bad it is. Shadow was not different. It was that + group of people that hated on it for reasons that were not even right.
Nothing new or surprising there, I saw TONS and TONS of posts from all kinds of people, just to ruin the spec and make sure the mechanic is removed.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/9WmDaZC

Going for the bait, I admit. If you ever need some help to understand the basic fact that different people have different opinions, feel free to ask. No one is talking about PvE or PvP experience because this actually has 0 relevancy and you aren’t really in a position to do so anyway.

What is this?
Give us the char name and lets see what you done with it, if i spend 1000 hours doing pet bettles that makes able to judge how the spec works?

Dont be shy, dont hide your char :slight_smile:

1 Like

What makes you think that your opinion is better than those people’s? Just because you did like VF doesn’t make the people who didn’t bad at the game or salty or anything. How hard is it to understand that you aren’t the voice of the whole community? What I don’t get is this stupid gatekeeping, “if you didn’t like VF you were probably garbage at the game or you didn’t understand the spec.”

1 Like

Because I, unlikely 90% of those people, play the spec for over 12 years, I have raided every tier with it and finished it and I do my own research and I test things. I know how the spec worked and works. I have the knowledge to judge this. So by the default, my knowledge is better than the knowledge of people that touched the spec only when they did world quests or dungeons. It does not matter if you like it or not, but that’s what it is. I do respect people’s opinions, but I do not respect when they bash something for being bad and their reasons and arguments make no sense and there’s zero truth in it.

1 Like

Again, this is blatantly wrong. Some people liked it, some people didn’t like it. How hard is it to understand that YOUR opinion isn’t the community’s? Feels like “titanforging is crap” vs. “i miss titanforging loot feelsbadman” all over again.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with that. Some people enjoyed it, some people did not. You are ignoring everything that is said above. It’s like you skip lines and pick up those you feel like there’s something wrong with them.

Exactly. It is what it is and it doesn’t matter if you like it or not.

While I agree with you on facing harder difficulties and playing on cutting-edge content to discuss about spec performance, it doesn’t really matter what kind of content you do when someone expresses he/she doesn’t like the design. Your opinion about how you like VF doesn’t matter if you’re a M+ hardcore grinder or a 1500 PvP player. A spec should never be designed to feel good to be played in a single setting. It should feel good to play in all game modes. Performance is another debate though.

1 Like

Very much like Void Form.

That’s what I said above. I speak for those who liked Void Form. I said that multiple times, so I do not know what you are on about, you just ignored it and decided to assume that I speak for everyone. No, I do not.
That being said, and what my point was is, that it was removed for reasons that were not true. People just enjoyed hating on it and bashing it, whether it was because they were unable to play it or because they simply did not like how it works. Then again, I’m talking HIGH END CONTENT STUFF that most of us, loyal players to something go for - there was nothing wrong with the spec and people that had close to zero knowledge would tell you otherwise, and they had no way of knowing. Simple as that.

For what it’s worth I always thought the mechanic was interesting, and I would like to see it return with the benefit of hindsight on another spec or class in the future. I don’t think, however, the balancing act of trying to fit voidform in as a talent, and having both builds use the same base spells (Just in wildly different ways) would have been healthy long term.

I’ve got nothing against you or your opinion of the mechanic, I just wish you (collectively) didn’t base your assumptions of those who disagree with you in such a negative light. People who like voidform are just that, people who like voidform, why do people who dislike it have to be LFR heroes or bad their class?

6 Likes

This part I agree with. It would obviously need adjustments, as I said above.

I did not say that. What I said is, that those people that enjoyed commenting and hating on Void Form the most were mostly people that did not have enough experience / knowledge to judge how the spec even works. Even more if everything they did was LFR, World Quests or they never touched the class.
I said that I respect that people dislike it, not every is obliged to like everything, just as I dislike the current rework. But what I do not get is, how can someone comment on something, like Void Form, when they did not play the class properly? I’m talking mythic raiding and hardcore keystone pushing. It’s a very common issue that people adamantly bashed it for no reason, even when they never played the class. I do not like that. If you do not like something, have valid and reasonable arguments based on truth / knowledge / experience.

That being said, and I will say it again, there was a promise it would stay in the game with slight adjustments, so it would not conflict with Devouring Plague. That would have been fine and we would have been happy, all of us. VF lovers would keep it, DP lovers would have the rework they wanted so much. But the promise was broken very quickly for unknown reasons. Not like it matters now, but still …

I played VF up to HC raiding and I didnt like it.
If something only works on a high level its logical those who dont reach that level will dislike it.
The mechanic had potential but personally i never found it fun.

1 Like