Shadow priest is terrible in pvp

Did some games since the nerf and can say it’s definitely horrible and unplayable.

Highest dmg in overall games is :

• mind blast 25k
  • mind spike 30k (overall 4 proc for a 3minute games).

How are we supposed to kill anything when during a go you can’t even hit anything for 50% of a guy hp, while every other spec in the game can hit for 100-130k back to back with atleast common spell hitting for around 50k non crit.

This is ridiculous, especially the nerf on top of that from our survivability and the fact our dmg nerf also nerf vampiric embrace self heal and void shield talent even more with the previous nerf.

Please consider buffing back sp but don’t make it broken

3 Likes

sp is absolutely fine

It’s worse for sure, but fine tuning talents and rotation has helped me quite a bit.

It is not fine with the strength that melee has atm.
the focus wil nerf was not ok and should be reverted since melee classes are so strong.
the Nerf to Mind spike and mindblast was way to much. specialy mindblast since its our saposed to be stronger spells…
i can understand the lowered proc rate but nerfing mindblast to NOTHINGNESS when ele shamman can spam meatballs for 50k+ with a chain of procs feels weird.

@Huffel and you would know how fine we are with your l60 Priest?

5 Likes

Sure the spec is still playable but dunno why every xpac sp has to be pain in the…

It’s not fun to have to play way better than the other to only do ‘’ okayish ‘’ when you can just spam 2 button overall and wait for passive to do the job on the other spec.

Especially atm there is no caster casting anything at all so the excuse for sp have to cast is ridiculous.

The best sp player already twitt how rough it was since the nerf.

3 Likes

I suppose spriests are struggling against melee like unholy dk?

I had full pvp gear on and even with obsidian shield and renewing blaze up (-30% plus -15% with versa, plus having all dmg taken regen back over 8 seconds), I died in seconds vs a spriest that barely even casted anything, so I guess its against melees…

Only two specs can actually kill me while I have cds up very fast and that is spriest and arms warrior hehe.

I feel like on Shadowlands I could survive more even with no extra def talents like now on Dragonlands. Necro shield was so strong def every 2 min + the healing DoT from mage you spawned. I wish we had that instead of mind games which are only used on niche fights.

Tbh mind games is a good spell but too hard to get the window to get it off, there is allways a triple Dr stun or grounding or any other tilting thing to prevent the cast.

Ngl I’m really tilted and probably a bit biased as they allways nerf fast the only spec I play seriously, but I just don’t understand why anything else is so easy to play and so forgiving and barely get touched or when they do something like dh it doesn’t even change anything but for sp it HAS to be gutted asap every season.

2 Likes

Doesn’t feel worth spec to mind-games atm after nerfs, not even talking it is instantly dispelled or reflected by wari. Many pro’s don’t even play with it unless they play premade 3x3

Sure it dépend, if you play a comp and with people that can allow you a windows to press it then it 100worth to take otherwise no.

For sure I’d rather have the mage from necro cov but tbh as they nerfed it to the ground in s3 not sure if the spell would be useful tbh (I guess getting nerfed to the ground is a sp special treatment that I need to get used to).

Dear Blizzard Game Masters,

I am writing to express my concern about the current state of the Shadow Priest class in player versus player (PvP) brackets in World of Warcraft. In my experience, the Shadow Priest class is severely underpowered and struggles to compete against other classes in PvP.

From my observations, the Shadow Priest lacks the burst damage and survivability of other classes, making it difficult to secure kills and survive in intense battles. Additionally, the class’s crowd control abilities are lacking, making it difficult to control the battlefield.

I understand that balancing a game as complex as World of Warcraft is a difficult task, but I strongly believe that the Shadow Priest class needs significant adjustments in order to be competitive in PvP. I hope that you will consider my feedback and take steps to improve the Shadow Priest class in future updates.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
[Zombielol]

To be honest, I don’t even know what direction Blizz devs want to with Shadow. To burst or DoT-oriented dmg. Personally, I liked the old version then Mind-Blast hit hard and was a rewarding spell to cast even if you get interrupted, and DoT did less. Now it is about DoTs, landing CC, dispelling druid HoTs all the time and hoping your partner has enough dmg, and CD to kill the target.

1 Like

I liked the old version just multi dotting and see people rot, but rn everything is insanely tanky and got multiple passive gealing/absorb proc which greatly passively counter dots class.

I mean if the dmg isn’t absolutely disgusting like assa/feral/affli it doesn’t worth it at all it seems like but the burst build got nerfed to the ground so we remain with a terrible spec to play.

1 Like

Hey guys ,

SP is not as potent as it used to be.

I am at a point where i am doing PVE as the PVP is not rewarding or fun as it use to be.
sure we do damage , but you cant play like a mvp as our class is weak/nerfed , i am a nooblet , surely other nooblets must feel like me. ( you need a partner to close the “gap” now )

hope we can enjoy some attention from an official regarding this.

Kwagga

1 Like

Hey, I might not have much to offer this discussion as I’m a returning player that has just gotten full PvP gear and started Solo Shuffle.

I gotta say though, I know where my strengths are and I am really enjoying the class. Sure there could be some tuning but honestly the damage is not bad. Sure I might not top ever SS game, I’m between 2-4th place in some matches.

However, SP has never struck me as a burst spec, we are dotters and we apply pressure by spreading our damage and CC’ing correctly. Sure our 3 vital CCs are protected by some tougher cooldowns but when applied correctly they can absolutely make or break a game. Sure I might miss a little bit of damage, but I’d rather have a buff to our utility/survivability. It takes 3 flash heals to make me oom and woops, no more PW:S. And after dispersion there’s really not much you can do, at least if you’re taking constant pressure and interrupts by melees.

I have dropped mind-games and gone full defensive into basic priest talent tree. That helped a little to compensate 5 percent passive def nerf. I don’t see worth taking mind-games then you aren’t playing 3x3 premade, where you can communicate land kills. I have started winning again, however the solo queue is still about rng and not a skill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.