Shadowlands: Castle Nathria and Season 1 Goes Live December 9

That’s not the point, covid19 won’t be gone, holidays will not really happen i think (luckily imo).
More time for gaming.

he said back then a year ago, that no raid would be release during a holiday, and I am still pretty sure Xmas is not starting the 9th and not even yet the 15th, so technicaly he has not gone back on his words at all.
people just failing to realice when Xmas realy is, that is all.

Erm, what community? Because I for one would like it before Christmas thanks.

2 Likes

Meh, I’ll have to work, which means pugging for week 1.
Uuuuuurgh.

I’m all for this decision, but at the end of the day I don’t really care either.
So if enough people want the raid opening moved, then that’s fine with me because it doesn’t really affect me (most of LFR is 2021 already anyway).

Just don’t start suggesting the whole expansion release should be moved to 2021 because then we’re gonna have a problem! :rage:

Imagine that some people priotise a video game > every other stuff (for basically no reason)

1 Like

I must be the only person in this topic that thinks this is actually a good idea because ya knnow,

Covid 19?

#Stayhome and do more holidays after the pandemic is over, rather then risking infections at familys and possible losing some.

Choice is easy?

7 Likes

The issue is simple:

Worldranks matter to some people.

These people want to raid as much as possible until clearing the content.

But they also want to visit their family throughout the holidays. Or maybe even have a booked vacation or whatever.

Now they have to decide between giving up one of two things they both care about.

Thus they’re upset because they don’t like the choice given.

1 Like

well boohoo… welcome to reality where you cant get catered to all the time

on a positive note maybe we’ll finally see some other guilds get a shot at the title instead of the same old boring few we always see

1 Like

What an eloquent and well written answer that truly shook me in my very fabric of being. Well played sir.

You see you’re acting quite, not sure how to phrase it kindly, so I’ll just say “dumb”?

You’re not understanding other peoples feelings and belittle them. That’s lack of empathy.

You don’t understand that I was simply responding to a person who “doesn’t understand the issue” and try to come up with a “well bohoo”? That’s just childish.

And the worst part is the “welcome to reality” which is frankly a quite silly phrase, because we all know we live in the matrix.

Let me use your own phrasing here, to write a proper answer, because I believe the first one won’t really make it through it you:

Welcome to reality, where people complain if they don’t like something.

Everybody is allowed to voice their opinion, you as much as they are. You don’t like theirs and they don’t like yours, however you’re the only person belittling the others, at least in here you are (trying to).

3 Likes

im not belittling you, just your viewpoint on this situation which quite frankly is as childish as me saying “boohoo” - you can voice your opinion all you want, it wont get any less silly

talking about people getting upset they have to either miss out on a holiday and spend time with their family or play a game… i mean come on now

you want the entire playerbase to suffer just for that?

Without knowing my viewpoint? There we ago again with the psychic stuff. Mate, look. Unless u can tell me my mothers maiden name, the date when my guild clears Nathria and whether or not that itch is an STD, I ain’t buying it.

It’s a silly choice, but some people struggle with it. Who are you to belittle their issues?

I don’t want the playerbase to suffer at all. I don’t want the raid release to be delayed, I don’t want the expansion release to be delayed, I just notice that the release date kinda sucks for quite a few people.

You know, the part where even though I have a different opinion, I still understand where they’re coming from?

But then again, you didn’t even know my pov, yet tried to make fun of it regardless.

Honestly, yet again, quite silly.

1 Like

ive read your viewpoint several times now

but okay, you think it sucks and i disagree

lets leave it at that

I guess that’s just the issue with beliefs, isn’t it?

For the people who just casually raid, especially pugging, this is a pretty bad deal for you/us too.

The easiest time to get into PUG’s is early on, where no-one has curve or especially high ilvl gear, and people just want you to have heroic level dungeon stuff. The people who ignore the holidays and their families (and there will be a lot of them) will rapidly push the ‘expected’ level of ilvl/curve/etc up, leaving the people who, you know, wanted to spend time with their families, playing catch-up.

If you’ve got a guild it’ll be fine, but for people who don’t have raiding guilds, it’s kind of eh.

Basically, this benefits no-one, except for the people who can’t wait a month into a new expansion to start raiding

so it pretty much comes down to “the community can be annoying” and THAT is the only reason why this could be bad - sure ill agree it could happen

but its absolutely ridiculous that this should concern anyone, maybe im just done caring about this… shadowlands isnt going anywhere, it shouldnt matter if you pug/raid in december or january or any other month

too bad there isnt a patch to fix the players

1 Like

Well, there isn’t a patch to fix the players. But Blizzard should KNOW what people are like by now.

Me, I’m probably going to find a Normal/Heroic Raiding guild, and it’ll be fine. But lots of people can’t or won’t do that, and this is going to suck for them, because they’re going to come back to ‘LINK CURVE + 190+ ilvl’ and have to wait to sneak into a group to get some XP.

Fight it’s only about world first, be honest…who even remember those under. Mythic release is 16Dec so im sure they gonna clear it before Christmas.

Well the first insert european language here guild to beat any content is usually at least heard about in said language. Germans know who the best german guild is, russians know who the best russian guild is and finnish people miss Paragon.

Then there’s the whole “Hall of Fame” thing which may not matter to the regular “race to world first” viewer, as well as doesn’t really matter for anybody who isn’t at the very least close to getting a hall of fame spot, but it matters to quite a few people, namely roughly the first 150 horde guilds as well as the first 120 alliance guilds.

Why more than 100? Because those who get close to hitting a hall of fame spot will try to hit it the next content.

Also, Nya’lotha was cleared within 9 days of its mythic release. 9 days after Nathria release is not “before christmas” if my math is correct here.

If you’re so sure about it, how much would you be willing to bet on it?

Would be great if, just once, Blizzard could copy/paste the US news items here, and correctly adjust for the EU:

Raid Unlock Schedule (North America):

December 9 – Normal and Heroic difficulties
December 16 – Mythic Castle Nathria, Raid Finder Wing 1
January 6 – Raid Finder Wing 2
January 20 – Raid Finder Wing 3
February 3 – Raid Finder Wing 4

At least this time they appear to have adjusted the dates … but it’s still for North America? The EU DOES exist you know, even if you’re closing down the offices …