Shadowlands flickering badly after update to Nvidia 460.89

Here the same situation, flickering that seems to get better when deactivate anti-aliasing and impossible to play when activate the best anti-aliasing.

Intel® Core™ i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
EVGA RTX 2080
GeForce Drivers: 460.89
Windows 10 Home (totally upgraded)

1 Like

Got same problem with 460.89 and 460.79 on both version i got strange flick and looks like i don’t see all spells on ground ppl report i stay in something but on screen i got nothing.
Windows 10 prof. with full updates and I use ultra settings.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for the reports!

Indeed we’re aware of this issue happening on several different 460.xx driver versions.

For more info and currently known workarounds, check out the thread here:

3 Likes

Like Lai say download and install 457.51 i just tested and working good.

Best regards!

1 Like

RTX 2070 confirm. After updating the drivers (now v461.09), some of the textures flicker.

Here’s a temporary fix if you want to be on the latest drivers.
Download Nvidiainspector and import this profile:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247515315825672203/797266981631950884/World_Of_Warcraft_-_Retail.nip

It’s the same profile that is in the 457 drivers but for some reason Nvidia removed it in the 460’s.

3 Likes

Thank you, your solution worked flawlessly. Do you know who originally came up with it? You should forward this to the people @ nVidia :slight_smile:

I was fine for the last few days but as soon as I load the game now it is flickering like a strobe light.

I have same as you RTX 2070 and v461.09.

Rolling back to v460.89 worked to resolve the issue

Its not that fully just tested still flickers on my 3080

It’s from a user on Guru3d. Nvidia is aware.

Still flickering on 3070 and 1060S (2 different pcs). Disabling Anti Aliasing helps. As soon as I use FXAA or MSAA the flickering begins. RT on/off doesnt matter, its just with AA. Nvidia driver 461.09

FYI going into System and Advanced and changing Graphics card from Auto Detect to my card fixed the flickering

3 Likes

I have found a fix for my flickering textures. Ive had very terrible perma flickering in outdoor venthyr areas especially on buildings, streets and trees. Even inside the the Venthyr dungeon.

I found out that my Firefox Internet Browser was running all the time in the background and the active window was a twitch stream or twitch in general.

So i closed FIrefox and opened the twich desktop app and since then ive had not a single issue.

I didnt try to re-enable the problem because im happy that its gone, but yeah that fixed it for me entirely. Hope nvidia gets their $§U% together x)

edit: I also run the latest nvidia driver right now.

And btw: Could someone with an US account plz post my meassage in their general thread there?

its this one. If it helps at least one person its worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted the fix a few posts above yours. It’s not magic.

Hi all,

So here is what i found fixed it for me.

Go to SYSTEM<Advanced<Graphics Card, make sure your card is selected here and not some onboard card or Autodetect, Manually set your card here.

Once i made this change boom fixed, hope it helps others

Peace

1 Like

I have it too. But I set wow to use Dx11 and it appears to be resolved =)

Wierdly I’m on 457.51 I sometimes notice small fast flickering faded black squares on the map (whole shadowlands map) in oribos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-KVPmn1pnk&feature=youtu.be video of the issue.Wierdly the map UI starts to flicker before it happens on the map.

They pop up randomly on the shadowlands map only while I’m on oribos. (sometimes even outside of oribos)

I managed to cause the issue by having the shadowlands map open while using the teleporter to go to the 2nd floor in oribos.

yup still the same problem with textures flickering with the newest 461.72v February 25, 2021 drivers. Last working are 457.51v from December 2, 2020. Almost 3 months and they still haven’t fixed them :o

You are the man!!! This works!

461.92 still not fixed - 2080 rtx ti