Shadowlands is far from being finished

Reworks on covenants.
Many specs has gameplay issues.
Soulbinds and conduits seems unfinished.
PvP rarely got time for testing.
Legendaries doesn’t really feel… legendary…
Maw seems empty and untested, what is it suppose to do?

It was going smooth at start but now it feels like they are rushing with changes that won’t be tested in time.

23 Likes

The odd rework and balance changes happen right up until launch, always have, always will.
The goal is that they’re still not being worked on after launch. Although we have had that happen too.

13 week time gate on those bad boys anyway. :^)

I think it would be a little too much (if it’s not already) if we had proper Legendary items ontop of Conduits, Covenants, and Soulbinds.

Are they rushed and under pressure?
Absolutely.
But I don’t think SL is any worse off than previous expansions.

3 Likes

** cries in feral **

9 Likes

Eh. They’ve got a whole month still, plus the inevitable couple of weeks of post-release tuning before the first tier/season starts.
It seems plenty to me.

People will always want more. Blizzard can always do more. There’s no limit to quality and perfection is a fleeting goal.
And WoW never really stops getting tweaks and changes, so the line between Beta and Release is rather blurred. The moment Beta is over they start releasing hotfixes and prepare for the first client-side patch.

I’m not so worried. It feels like the current state of Shadowlands is mostly fine in terms of production. It’s just design and balance that gets iterated on, but that process never stops.

9 Likes

Shadowlands is going to be WoD and BfA combined. It’s basically Battle for Azeroth just with everything bad from WoD. I’m 100% certain it’s going to be even worse than BfA.

8 Likes

Enjoy the year of Gamma Testing Shadowlands guys

8 Likes

Okay… now how many of you would prefer a 2021 launch, honestly?

Because the majority of people want a 2020 release. There’s nothing exciting about BFA at this point.

4 Likes

Nobody wants a 2021 release. There is no saving it. We’re just pissed that we’re getting another unfinished sh*t expansion.

13 Likes

I understand and I feel you. However, give them credit for the Covid sh*tshow. Everything got messed up this year, not just WoW.

3 Likes

I think some want to take the game warts and all because they are just done with BfA and bored.

Others will be happy to wait until it’s a finished polished product.

6 Likes

I agree but I feel like this time they actually gave their best to give us good content and luck wasn’t on their side.

I feel like we should keep that in mind when judging Shadowlands.

Personally, I’m grateful that they managed to do this much, considering the situation. I will be happy to play new content and I will not judge them too harsh however it turns out.

I’m still looking forward to SL, I’m very bored in WoW atm and faffing about on alts mostly.

I’m not all that excited for prepatch other than it will give me a lot of characters to drag into the barbers. The pre events will be fun but they aren’t generally enough to keep you entertained for the whole period until launch.

3 Likes

A lot of people were surprised by the announcement of the release planned in October.

It is indeed too early with so many issues at hand, graphic issues, gameplay issues, some quests still bugged, covenant issues…

They won’t have enough time to fix it all and it is going the same way as BFA. With patches fixing some of this mess in x.2 or x.3

I know I and some other folks prefer polished games and features instead of unfinished features that hurt the game more than anything else in the long run.

Try the before last black skintone + golden eyes. It’s amazing, almost made me want to go back to Horde again.

3 Likes

I actually don’t like the dark skin tones on Blood Elves and I have always disliked the golden eyes we’ve had for some time. So not my cup of tea. I’m sure we’ll see plenty of dark skin elves, it’s just a matter of personal taste and what your fantasy idea of an elf is :slight_smile:

This is one of my beta palas and that is most likely how she will end up looking :slight_smile: This face looks quite cross so I may not go for that option :rofl:

In SWToR I had an amazing dark skinned Sith Lord and she looked badass. It seemed to work well in that game.

3 Likes

Count me in on that list thus I am playing Classic until SL drops.

I’m dying to play the game for realsies

2 Likes

Ye I know I can’t wait for SL to come out Classic just fills the void of Failed BFA.

Oh I know no problems about that, I’m not one of those calling you names if you prefer something else in terms of looks !

It’s just extremely rare to find a game where you can make an egyptian looking elf with golden eyes (like some kind of God/Goddess). Pretty amazing.

On my main, I’m glad my Night Elf will finally have a full 3D beard and better eyebrows (they won’t clip through my devil horns for long now ! :smiling_imp:)

4 Likes

I have seen some really nice combinations other people have done. The jewellery options also stand out better on dark skin IMO.

What was bad about WOD?
Lack of content other than raiding and PvP.
That’s about it
Classes were rock-solid in WOD. No stupid layers upon layers of external power systems that are impossible to balance.

I don’t think SL will suffer from WOD lack of content. We have a lot of busywork again (i would prefer WOD though, I hate questing at cap)

8 Likes