Shadowlands is over: there's only one question left to ask

1 Like

The issue with this statement is that it’s true also for characters, races and factions from beloved expansions.

Blizzard never expand on the lore they’ve introduced in prior expansions.

The “what sword?” meme is a prime example.
It’s not even an elephant in the room at this point, it’s a full blown T-rex.

1 Like

Sure sure. Those characters are like Superman and Batman in Justice League. Others can be rotated in and out of the spotlight, but Superman and Batman are staples and just about always present. It’s the same with WoW. Each expansion has a slew of new characters that we get introduced to, and then there are some staples that keep being around.
My point is mainly that I don’t think (m)any of the characters that Blizzard created within Shadowlands are going to have much story or content involvement beyond the confinements of Shadowlands. That’s unlike Bolvar and Talia who were “born” in previous expansions and brought into Shadowlands and will likely continue their storylines beyond it. But someone like Pelegos? Nah, I don’t think we’ll be spending a lot of time with him.

Well, the reason is different.
Obviously, Blizzard can’t do everything immediately, and neither should they. They pick and choose, and some things are continued, some things are postponed, and some things are discarded. That’s fair enough. Limited production is limited.
I think with Shadowlands they’ll cut their losses (they obviously already have since we’re a patch short), because the main desire is to move on and not to linger. There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of desire for more Shadowlands among players or Blizzard. That’s unlike the sword in Silithus which I’m sure we’ll get around to eventually, because it’s intriguing for players and Blizzard alike.

Unfortunately I am not the one, keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Dragonflight purges the poor memories of the two previous expansions and takes us back to the heights of Legion!

Legion was garbage though.

It’s a matter of opinion, in the same way there must be some folk out there that loved BFA and Shadowlands.

1 Like

No, it’s a fact.
I’ll redirect you to these high quality threads so you can educate yourself on the matter:

Have a fun read.

I remember reading this thread title and then deciding to get McDonalds as I couldn’t be bothered to cook…

No.

shadowlands was a expansion.

For me:

1. WotLK
  2. Legion
  3. TBC
  4. Panda
  5. BfA
  6. Cata / WoD / SL. All equally bad

I never played as little as I did in SL tho. Usually I always find something to do, even tho the expansion isn’t the best… but in SL… no chance.

Just like Blizzard decided to give us Legion because they couldn’t be bothered to make a good expansion. Fitting.

Best expansion: Legion.
The only expansion I actually finished the story line.

Worst expansion: BFA.
The only expansion the story made me quit going further. I went do other stuff in game during Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara. Picked it up again during Patch 8.3’s Horrific Visions of N’zoth.

Can’t say anything about SL as I’m starting to play it atm.

Cheers.

1 Like

:grimacing:

Shadowlands is contentwise superior to Cataclysm, MoP and WoD due to not removing any legacy content.

Character-immersionwise however it is the worst expansion so far due to the level squish.

Storywise Shadowlands is the biggest clownfiesta seen so far, and we have yet to see whether DF will be something more than a distraction number with dragons. The circus is still on-going.

Not me but playing through early TBC content to try to get into classic Wrath has reminded me that it wasn’t the worst levelling/early content expac. It just seemed to lose it’s way quite early and the central hub was just too bland and lacking. From then on it went down hill with too much complication when it came to it’s sustems.

BFA was best becurse of the player power was as the highest then

Hmm not sure if I can say it was my favourite…think that goes to WoD still…but SL was entertaining enough to keep me playing.

Well, if you would look at my /played time alone shadowlands is my favorite expansion since I started playing in wotlk :rofl:.

Honesty it’s coincidence, I was feeling bored 2 months into the expansion, then one thing led to another and I’ve done A LOT of collectionist stuff not only in shadowlands areas so idk if you can give credit for everything, like doing all the past glory achievements and stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.