Shadowlands Preview: Forge Your Own Legendary Items

What is it with you and borrowed powers?

By the way, a item is not “Legendary” if it is available to everyone. That just makes it “mandatory” and eventually dormant slot in the bank.

Legendaries in MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA sucked. They were not unique, interesting or appealing in any way. They held no value.

2 Likes

Meanwhile every other warr in classic got thundherfury and its perfectly fine…

Make your choice carefully :slight_smile:

I’ll be honest. The whole Crafting your own Legendaries thing worries me.

Will this mean that I will HAVE to have a Crafting profession, rather than 2 gathering that I usually go with?

I’d rather see Legendaries in the game like they were in Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk. They were incredibly special items for those that got them, but they were not a requirement for completing the content.

Nowadays I just see Legendaries as Orange Epics with Special Abilities, which if you don’t have you can’t play.

Kinda takes the excitement away from the game.

No, u can buy all stuff from AH, only thing u need is “legendary recipe” which drops from various types of content depends what legendary it is, there is list for that.

All other stuff is made via profesion and sellable/tradeable.

So with 2 gathering profs u can either farm mats and find someone to craft base item for you, or farm sell it and buy whatever you want from AH

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

It just makes my worst fears come true. Shadowlands is going to unnecessarily complicated.

I miss the days when I would get to top level and I could just go and do the dailies, and Instances (or even PVP) and not have to worry about pointless grinds.

1 Like

Each to their own.
I loved it.

You’re happy? Well, cool, I guess?

Ahahaha, no.

Well, it’s my ‘opinion’ that it did. I loved it. I enjoyed it.
So; hahahaha, yes.

More so when compared to the way Shadowlands does it: Forcing everyone into 1 type of content (content which is not to everyone’s taste).

How was it “perfect” when you could’ve gone the entire expansion without seeing your bis legendary drop?

Look; that’s not even the part I was referring to. The context of my reply clearly indicates I was talking about ‘being able to get legendaries in many different types of content’.

But, yes, even though that’s not what I was specifically referring to; I DID love the randomness of it. It made doing content, any content, exciting. Because a legendary could drop any time. It was great.

It was good in terms of u could get the lego basicly from everything anf there was that surprise effect once u got it.

But i realy hated how some people got their BiS first week and some got theirs 2 tiers later…

No, it wasn’t. I got a damned shadow priest legendary on my priest because I was trying to get some dps trinket and then a legendary drops that’s for shadow, even though I didn’t play shadow. How is that “great”?

obtaining legiondaries was even worse than rotation on corruption vendor

Try being a holy priest and being all “I want this dps trinket, I’ll just switch to shadow loot spec because I can’t get it to drop otherwise” and then you get a shadow priest legendary drop. When you don’t play shadow at all.

1 Like

I understand. For some people that might have been a problem.
Not for me though; I was happy for someone else if they got their BiS.

OPINIONNNNNN. My. Opinion.
Yes, I thought it was great. I. Me.
You can think of it what you want, but that doesn’t change MY opinion.

Can we move on now?
This is about Shadowlands legendaries (and how that system is bad imo).

1 Like

It isn’t bad. Legion was bad.

Bye.

You looked like an elf, but you’re clearly a troll. :upside_down_face:

Says the one whining about having to do a new feature of an expansion, a feature that’s almost impossible to not be able to complete. You pretty much have to go AFK to actually die enough times in the parts where you get the reagents for the legendaries to not be able to get it. If aggressive pet stance still existed, hunters could’ve just stood AFK while letting their pets clear it.

But is it fun?! Well… For me; no it’s not.
That’s my problem with it. I don’t think it’s fun and I don’t want to spend my time doing it. But they tie such an important power progression system to it, that it’s basically mandatory content.

So; it’s about fun.
Talking about ‘fun’ in a game. Who would’ve thought.