Shadowlands Preview: Forge Your Own Legendary Items

:clown_face:

I donā€™t like lvling, itā€™s mandatory content. Should just remove levels from the game.

Goodnight.

Tahroni :scream: arenā€™t you solo player ?

Not exclusively. I do (some) group content too.

Maybe you will like thorgust ,you never know.

You can earn Soul Ash weekly by clearing layers within Torghast. Each week two wings are available to enter, so make sure to complete these trialsā€”for the rewards are splendid!

So you decided to time gate the biggest selling point of the expansion?

Iā€™m curious as to why you think it wonā€™t be fun for you?

I found it fun due to the amazing power you wield and the magnificent murder that ensues. As solo content itā€™s great for me, as a group it actually got a bit too difficult and significantly less fun. And by difficult, more random elites with endless health.

On a separate note, as I never tried the legendaries in beta, we can get the memories from open world contentā€¦ right? Otherwise no legendaries for meā€¦

There are some you can get from open world, but most are from raid/dungeon/torghast. They drop at all difficulties, so you can just run a normal dungeon, and still have a fair chance on your legendary dropping.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s fine for me at least, I donā€™t mind normals and I may even do a mythic now and then if I have friends but I have other friends that donā€™t like dungeons just in general. I donā€™t think I can be bothered doing that on all my characters though lol.

i agree with the sentiment, im suprised they dont allow u to get Soul Ash by other means realistically. im assuming its mainly down to the fact that they want to gate how quickly we can get legendaries.

if they added Soul Ash to other content, theyā€™d have to nerf Torghasts Soul ash provide to then add the other portion to secondary contentā€¦ which would then drive you as a Player to do even More content mandatory instead of changing it

for example, u could argue Legions Legendary systems actually made ALL content mandatory, not Optional, but ofcourse that argument is entirely dependent on the way you play the game.

For example.

Player A may do Raids on Every difficulty. Spam every m+0, do every emmisarry and any extra time invest in pure M+ Spamming.

Player B could take advantage of the fact they dont have to change how they play and simply progress in content that appeals to them until it Drops from said content.

but Player As experience is a enforced 20-30 hours a week input. so while Legion legendaries concept was actually quite good in a way of ā€œPlay the game as you wantā€. it in another way made All content mandatory.

so i on the fence between the two systems.

I like legions Legendaries Accessibility but i can quite quickly see how this Is a Severe problem to parts of the playerase. while a Fixed Rate From one piece of content is to some extent bland it does Cap it and only mean i have to do so much a week.

Im guessing what im saying is, SL Legendaries are less Grindy to maximise compared to Legionsā€¦ but SLs legendary system is more restrictive.

i think ur opinon on legion legendaries, will really be dependent on how the system impacted you.

it effectively ment. Do everything ALL day every day. Or fall behind for Alot of players and a game shouldnt be forcing you through hours uponn hours of Enforced content.

we can say its ā€œself inflictingā€ and ā€œminmaxingā€ sure, but its a major part of the gameā€¦ and blizzard effectively motivate these players to come to WoW for these reasons with Esports WF Races MDI and Moreā€¦ so the game does need to kinda take them into account when designing grind goals.

i kinda liked the fact it kept content relevant so i always had something to do.

logging on every day to do The raid on LFR, Normal and Heroic each weekā€¦ my emmisaries every day. doing M+0sā€¦ spamming M+ made all content feel like it had potiental to be a major upgrade xD

1 Like

Crafting them is better than the RNG system of Legion IMO. I had to do a huge amount of content to proc one drop a week.

I suspect that they made them crafted as a QoL change, so that if you get a bis, but itā€™s on a slot with your legendary, you could just recraft the legendary.

I said I will not. This is what No Thanks means.

And Iā€™m encouraging you to play the game the way you want to play it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.