Shadowlands: You should be able to choose ALL covenants

im not too sure personally how much it will affect the regular daily content, but i might have some small changes, might just be a matter of you gaining a few extra quests in the zone you covenant if connected to, but you technically can still run around and kill stuff together i think, just that the player that hasnt chosen that covenant will not have access to the world quests

No? I didn’t. Kindly don’t put words in my mouth.

Are you?

Agree to disagree.

I didn’t? More words attributed to me which I never said?

You just stated that it IS possible, it would just take longer.
So I’m not wrong.

It’s still ‘invested players’ who are more likely to share their thoughts and opinions and fears about the game on the forums.

Or not.

Disagree.

What kind of a weird statement is this?! I never claimed anything of the sort.

Completely false. It’s called: picking your class.

I won’t say what I really think of this because you’ll be angry at me again for being ‘rude’. :man_shrugging:

More guessing at things? Corruption is disliked for many reasons. That whole system is flawed. Every single part of it.

I personally dislike it because of the negative effects. Putting bad stuff on gear is the epitome of stupidity; a punishment on something that is supposed to be a reward for your effort. Truly… Stupid.

Anyway… It’s late. I’m no longer interested in this discussion, which has been going in circles for a while now… I’ve already stated some things which SHOULD be the thing you listen to (hint: it’s me being fine with you having your way), but no, you get caught up on little things that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things…

Goodnight.

Each covenant has weekly/daily activities that are only available and are specific only to that covenant.
Also, apperently, “Battle Pets obtained via Covenants can not be summoned if you are not part of that Covenant”. RIP pet collectors.

One last quick reply… saw this posted while I was making my last post… so…

Wrong. I was there from the start. And for a while you could NOT respec. And I liked that.

Ah well…

Neither is being optimized. Hasn’t been realistic for years.
And yet NOW ITS A PROBLEM. Get oooouuuttta here.

If that ‘fun’ is ‘being the best at each and every little thing’, yeah… it’s unhealthy to want and expect that (not to mention unrealistic for the last 5ish years).

You just latch onto every little negative thing about this system, don’t you?
No it’s not RIP pet collectors. Pet battlers, sure. But the collectors are fine. Or do you think they sit in a corner of the game, summoning all of their pets one after another and giggling like a maniac?

Anyway… Enough fun! NN!

so you are saying they are perfectly right in telling us their philosophy is to give more player agency and then just refuse? thats a good thing?

there is a possibility that i miss read something then i havnt gone back to check, but the pure fact that you are perfectly fine with them refusing you the choice means you are clearly not going to be affected by it, if you were at all affected by it or cared at all about the power of your character then this would have a negative affect on you, and regardless of if you think this is true of not its a definite fact. if you care at all about the power level of your character and you want to have a character that is good then you should care that they are removing your right to make a choice.

why would anyone be okay with taking 20 weeks to do somethign that should only take them 10, are you insane?

there is a big difference between making the choice of the class compared to picking a class that you like and then another system being implemented into the game that goes over the top of that class that makes it a lot less fun, there are some people that have been playing specific classes for 10-15 years this is a system that could cause them to not like the class, should they then have to go out and play something else that they dont like or enjoy as much because of a system thats removing too much choice from them. seeing as you are such a fan of the path of least resistance as stated earlier.

since the system was implemented the majority of people that i have seen commenting on it throughout the entirety of the forums, people that are fans and peopel that are not are still not happy with some affects being insanely powerful compared to other, that main issues with corruption has been down to infinite stars being a 30-40% dps incrase and others being next to useless. the difference between someone that has good and bad corruptions can mean someone who is a bad player just does more damage because they are lucky, that is terrible.

and yet you have said repeatedly that they shoudl limit the choice, meaning that people dont get a real choice, the pick which ever is best at the start of the expansion and get screwed everytime there are balance changes.

there is plenty of options for the past couple of expansions to be good at everything, yeah it wasnt realistic to have everything right away, but its not like me chosing to start as affliction at the start of legion meant that i couldnt play demo and destro for the rest of the expansion, or at least changing to demo meant i couldnt change back to aff.

and there is nothing wrong with wanting to be effective in both dungeons and raids, or PvP for that matter, i dont see why you would think its wrong to want to be good at the game. thats generally something a lot of people strive for, whats the point in playing if you are not even trying to be effective.

@Clairesse: It is possible that I am wrong here… but one possible interpretation of that exact wording is that you can not SUMMON a specific pet, but you can still put it in your pet lineup. In other words this could be a cosmetic / roleplaying restriction and in a way it would make sense.

Why am I saying that? Well… Low level characters can do pet battles, so overtly restrictive system would lead to a situation where someone could have multiple pets (s)he can not use, because that specific character in use is not and can not be member of ANY covenant due to being too low level…

Currently, character level has no impact on which pets you can pick, if you have already acquired that pet. Sure, Blizzard might change that, but it would be a radical and likely very unpopular change among those people who like pet battles.

Another point would be that very restrictive system would also mean that there would be pets that are disallowed from being in the same team… Again, possible, but in my personal opinion a REALLY bad idea… and a change from the current one… I can, if I want to, put an undead, a humanoid and a dragonkin into my trio. Are we going to see pets that have a note: Unique (Kyrian only), etc? :frowning:

1 Like

Pretty sure you could reset your talents at your class trainer for 5 gold going up by 5 each time. It wasn’t by any means cheap back then but unless you did it every other day you’d be fine. Haven’t played vanilla so maybe it was not a thing from day one, but 15 years still holds. And I honestly can’t imagine the inability to reset since accidentally putting a point in a talent you didn’t mean to would be a very common occurrence with the talent system back then. That would be a major design oversight. There was no confirmation… all it took was a bump and you’d be stuck with the wrong talent forever. But hey, consequences I guess.

…what?

No, that is not what I mean by fun. Why are you still holding on to this idea. You’re overexaggerating so much every time you say “best at each and every little thing”. I just don’t want to be stuck with an ability that feels terrible/great to use depending what I’m doing. I wouldn’t pick Siphon Life in any scenario that involves more than two targets because it’s too hard to keep up and it feels horrible trying to. I wouldn’t pick Sow the Seeds on a single target, simply because it literally does absolutely nothing on single target and it’s a dead, passive talent, but can be useful in some very nieche situation. It’s about the gameplay feeling good, not tweaking every single stat to the fraction of a % for every single different piece of content, which you seem to think.

I’m still latching to the exact same thing from the start, which is covenants restricting too many things for the sake of “choice”. What use is a pet you’ve unlocked after grinding a covenant when you can’t even summon it and show it to your friend, just because you wanted to go to another covenant without having to level an alt. It’s just a damn pet, let people have fun with it. It’s just so unnecessary. The fact they make sure every last little thing is tied to a covenant choice.

She is not doing any end game content and in most Shadowlands feedback threads is hostile to anyone doing any end-game content and playing differently than her. She wants to push her play style over to others.

You could respect and when a vanilla patch overhauled given class it got a free talent reset as well. During vanilla class talent trees changed a lot not to mention different builds become a thing and some had to pay the extra gold for re-spec. Some cheesed and had a pvp same-class character of their pve main to not re-spec them :wink:

Mind your own business, bully. You’re not wanted here.
Go spread your slander somewhere else. Shoo.

If you will be forcing how other should play the game then they will respond to you. We don’t do the same content and we play differently than you. Stop imposing your play style on others.

I’m just opposed to restricting collectibles to be usable based on current covenant. I guess if the restrictions get lifted after Shadowlands, fine, because then it’s possible to collect everything on one character without losing the collectibles, just sacrificing the usability until the next expansion. I don’t just mean pets, but also toys, transmog and mounts. The worrying thing is that only now Artifact weapon appearances are being unlocked to be usable by the entire class, not just the spec. But yes, restricting pet battles would be going really over the top.

I’m not a collector myself nor do I do pet battles, so this doesn’t affect me whatsoever, I just don’t see the point in such restrictions. If someone works for a rewards, let them use the reward. It’s not a huge thing I guess, but it rubs me the wrong way that they’re making sure to tie every little thing to covenants… not everything has to be.

1 Like

You are. You undermine every issue posted by players that treat end game more seriously. If you don’t do end game why are you so vocal about it? You won’t be running M+, raids or rated PvP. If players playing those modes point out that Shadowlands system won’t work for them then it’s an issue they raise to Blizzard not to someone that HAS NO IDEA how those player play, what’s important to them and how the game looks for them.

You are actively hostile in every thread and every topic about Shadowlands end game systems. You are hostile to anything that is related to optimizing performance and having competitive access to abilities currently gated behind covenants.

We should have more Mythic only dungeons… and a quest line that requires a normal mode raid clear, not LFR… Poor you.

1 Like

And here goes Tahra style again, first calling someone “poor excuse of human” and than modifiying it after making sure they saw it.

2 Likes

its probably whats gonna happen eventually. if not on release, will probably happen on 9.1

I mean he’s half right, you’re not forcing anyone, but your way of wording things might come off as if you think your way of playing is the only healthy, normal and the right way. And when challenged on the idea, you refuse to consider even simple arguments driven by common sense and at best, you just /shrug, or you don’t even address them.

For example, your idea of consequences, where you advocate for unchangeable talents in a game that was completely new, it was very easy to make a mistake picking them or just pick something you end up not liking since there’s no way of testing it beforehand, and while the game is constantly evolving, everyone would be stuck with mistakes they’ve made as a newbie for 6 years until Cataclysm where they redesign the entire system. That’s a pretty radical approach.

That and other examples make me very confident in saying that you are a part of a minority in your way of thinking, at least in terms of this game.

1 Like

the fact that you think the game will be better and are advocating for the them to limit the options of other players is trying to cause the game to be a certain way though which is making the game worse for other people thats what he is getting at

and thats the exact reason that people are being so damn vocal about it now, because we shouldnt have to wait an entire patch for them to fix the game when people have known how much of a problem this would be since the released the information for it at blizzcon last year. and people have been very vocal about it since then.

i have been trying to say this for about 6 hours at this point, never once did i get listened to, will probly just reply by quoting a small part of what you have said with a snide remark

1 Like

Nah you just like being rude, and always play the victim card.

“oh look at ME, how they bite me for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON”

“look at me how this trash human being attack me after I insult them and modify message afterwards”

1 Like

its not broken. its planned ahead.

on legion and bfa we got the system where we farmed a certain “currency” and farmed and farmed and farmed. and then patch came and BAM! everyone got the push to the level people farmed and now the max lvl is new. its a system for catching up for players who was behind or came back late (like me).
this is basically the same thing. they will make it so 9.0 will be hard farm and 9.1 will be catching up.

also, it would literally be impossible to max a tree before 9.1 unless you farm the hell out of it.

Things are heating up. My corn is popping.

1 Like

No. It’s the way I enjoy it. That is all.
And yeah, I do disapprove of ‘epeen’, ‘overly competitive’, ‘elitist’, ‘obsessive’ types of gameplay. And yeah, they ARE unhealthy.

What now? Scroll back. There’s plenty of occurances where I did that in this very thread.

Yeah it is… And?
It’s not like that anymore. I can’t do a thing about it.
So why does it matter one bit that I feel that way?!

What I feel is irrelevant to what I do ingame and how I play. In that regard I do not belong to a minority. So… Here’s your shrug: :man_shrugging: