Shamans, Paladins and them being factionlocked

Paladins and Shamans need to be available for both factions if the developers don’t want to balance the classes anymore. Just make dwarves DISCOVER the ways of Shamanism and Taurens DISCOVER the ways of the Light and Paladins. Season of Discovery has the most convenient excuse to fix one of the biggest issues with vanilla. There is a reason why there has never been a faction-locked class ever again in this game.

46 Likes

#NoChanges

Dimensional merge waiting room

Post physique

3 Likes

No, humans built castles to hide in because they are weaker , dwarves hide inside a mountain because they are weaker , elves literally live in their own little tree to avoid confrontation , gnome well they are gnomes, nuff said.

Orcs and Trolls live in an hostile desert to temper their strenght , undead occupy an alliance capital like gigachads, taurens live on top of mountains and are tempered by the elements.

You chose the weak faction on your own terms now play the weaker classes.

5 Likes

Omg, when will you retail tourists finally stop trying to ruin this magnificent version of the game? Paladins and shamans being faction locked was design choice made by our ancestor founding devfathers. Back in the day, game was designed to be RPG first, where your every choice matters, including factions. Everything was designed to be FUN, not balanced. Every small choice you make had to make you feel sense of pride and accomplishment. We, real classic players, don’t need perfect balance, we don’t need quality of life and we certainly don’t need faction-shared classes. If you want to play perfectly balanced, no fun allowed, esports wannabe version of the game, I suggest you go back to retail.

3 Likes

I never asked for perfect balance just that one faction is not blatantly the correct choice in every single aspect of the game.

1 Like

Correct choice for what, exactly? Is alliance incapable of completing quests, dungeons, raids, farming gold? Are they locked out of world pvp? Can’t they que bgs? Perhaps there are any professions locked for them? They can participate in all of those aspects, last time I checked.

Practically yes if you world pvp and you encounter a shaman as anything other than a shadow priest you are probably losing that 1v1 9/10 times. And BGs are a crap show when both Enhance and Elemental are running around one shotting half the classes in the game while also being one of the most tanky classes in the game. Just because they can participate in PvP doesn’t automatically make it fun or good game design. I was grinding for wsg exalted and I lost all will to grind this rep when the outcome of the game is decided by the matchmaking. Enemy team has 3 shamans? Oh the shamans are not idiots and can press 3 buttons? Well you lose 99% of the time. And there is nothing that even comes close to this on the alliance side.

3 Likes

So, in other words - you want to have perfect balance in the game. You have made wrong choice and rolled wrong faction - happens, such is nature of the free will. Some of your choices are good, some are bad. If the state of pvp bothers you so much, have you considered fixing YOUR own mistake by rerolling horde instead of trying to ruin the game for millions of other people? Take matters into your own hands instead of crying to papa blizzard to fix everything for you. Did the best arena players cry on forums about humans being the most op thing in history back in the day? Did they make million of posts on that matter on the internet? Do they do it now, when it’s the same with night elfs? No, they all sucked it up and rerolled, because they were raised with the correct attitude toward life. Those entitled zoomers, I swear…

Your name suits you well: moran

2 Likes

Omg, when will you modern day people finally stop trying to ruin this magnificient era of humanity? Slave owning was design choice made by our ancestor founding leaders.

See the point? Just because something was made back in the day, doesn’t mean it’s right.

Chaos Bolt was not a “design choice made by our ancestor yada yada”, rogue tanks was not a “design choice made yada yada”, mage healers was not yada, blackfathom deeps raid yada yada.

You are, indeed, a moron. Pardon, a Moran.

No, I don’t see the point because there isn’t one. Analogy is not an argument. Real life slavery and video game design are two different entities operating on different principles. New spells and specs don’t contradict vanilla game design in any shape or form. In fact, it is perfectly in line with it because it provides MORE CHOICES for your character customization. Sharing classes makes one of the main choices in game completely pointless.

hahahahaha I laughed

Yeah, your brain capacity goes along with your name.

New classes don’t contradict vanilla game design in any shape or form. In fact, it is perfectly in line with it because it provides MORE CHOICES for your character selection.

#backtoschool

Balance for what? BG? By 60 there will be many more ups and downs with which class is OP, pala and shaman aren’t the only ones.

And I swear if I see a tauren paladin in classic, no matter it’s SoD, I’m done with the game.

Agreed

If you give Blizzard too much permission to change the game. You’'ll get Blizzard logic like…

“No faction lock for shamans and paladins…they must want microtransactions”

If we were to do this please do not make tribal cows handle light, it is absurd and doesn’t make sense lore-wise

Forsaken paladins would be much better

1 Like

Man is spitting fax right here

Tauren paladin is actualy possible. Considering how chill, and down to earth taurens are from lore perspective .
Also tauren stomp racial prettly solid considering how wheelchair palas are without cc