Should Blood Elves get the new diversed human skin tones in SL?

A brief answer to avoid derailing; if the discussion in the Witcher (which I haven’t read or watched) was that “Women can be sorceresses but not witches, that’s dumb”, then yes - I think the argument is rooted in the idea that the main iconic draw of the series being exclusively (or overwhelmingly) male is pretty bad for people who care about female representation.

anyway, i repeat my point about how more player expression = good in regards to this discussion

3 Likes

For anyone who reads this morons post, I’ll leave the inspiring words of Desmond Tutu;

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”

You can choose to be indifferent or not care, but to choose to be annoyed or irritated by representation, and then voice it, is not the “center”.

Besides, anyone that doesn’t want that sunfire elf aesthetic from the Dragon Prince is a puddle of mildew.

5 Likes

I really wish :pensive:

1 Like

I draw the line at elves being, Nelson forgive me for uttering this, fr*nch.

3 Likes

The Nightborne begin to sweat very nervously

2 Likes

They don’t sound fr*nch, at least.

They should.

1 Like

Shut up silver hand troll

english people have no culture :pensive:

4 Likes

Excuse you. I refuse to use such peasant material for my hand. It’s gold or nothing at all.

1 Like

i have to stop calling them blue-d elves and start calling them baguette elves now

5 Likes

yes

The “no female witchers” thing is the biggest deal to the author because it’s probably not one of his fetishes

That’s Ishgard in FF14. wait nevermind that was the joke ignore me wow I didn’t read that properly at all

Kaytlinn typing a novel.

3 Likes

Whatever Kaitylinn says, I agree.

2 Likes

Yeah, 'GWAN JOE.

2 Likes

tentatively liking this, may regret it later

2 Likes

he might drop the deep lore…

1 Like

Gunna nervously drop the post to end all posts mangled by self depreciation and ((really good)) book reccomendations.

What was that “problem”? I don’t pay much attention to witcher stuff.

I have never felt this much pressure making a forum post oh my god you’re all going to be so disappointed now it literally only took me so long because half way through I stopped for a pee!! ;-;

100% this one friend!

Sorry very late to the party BUT! It’s literally this easy!

Just build a fantasy world, make it big - say there’s some cool non-European/“non-white”* inspired fantasy civilisations out there like “Not Imperial China” and “Not Aztec Empire” etc, and badda boom badda bing! Everyone’s happy!

There’s representation, there’s lore, it’s been there from the start so doesn’t feel “Shoehorned” in - can’t go wrong!

(*not a term I’m keen on myself because there’s no such thing as a unified “White” or indeed “Non-white” culture or people but okay okay!!)

8 Likes