Should Blood Elves get the new diversed human skin tones in SL?

I know it can be offensive, and maybe I should have refrained from speaking about these things, but I think it’s important to get people to understand also this perspective, because politically correct tomorrow might be seen as yet another prejudice, much akin to the ones we had in the victorian age.

But you are right that, on occasion, similar reasonings are still used to denigrate minorities, and that’s a shame. Furthermore, some people may look too deeply in what I have been writing and think that it might entail a “you will never be good enough to do this job, because you do not belong to that cool ethnic group”, and I absolutely disagree with this take. We know that across all groups there are and there have been individuals suprisingly talented, and that dedication and effort mean a lot in the long-run.

I just think we should look at how things are before we judge them, and try to understand them in the best way we can. And this includes talking about these things, studying them in-depth, and not just waving them off through “patriarchy did it”.

hehe genocide machine go brrrrr

5 Likes

haha it do

3 Likes

YOU LEARNED THAT ON MY TWITTER AND YOU KNOW IT!

(Thanks to page. 94 of Bernard Porter’s “Absent Minded Imperialists: what the Victorians really thought about the Empire”!)

1 Like

Sounds great, let me know when you succeed

I got the book because of your recommend, i’m gunna enjoy it when amazon get their bum moving.

1 Like

What do you mean? A bunch of English-coded settler sailing west to an “undiscovered land” and genociding the native “savages” while letting a few ‘good ones’ live out in small patches of land isn’t questionable at all!

imagine writing the origins of america in 2018 and then being like “but the settlers were the good guys”

6 Likes

Ngl the drustvar storyline could have been cool if the drust weren’t universally evil bar the thornspeakers, and the storyline instead followed deconstructing the kul tiran’s false narrative of genocide/great replacement. Coming to terms with their ancestor’s sins etc.

Though that would take actual nuance, whereas in the lore the drust i guess just were a naturally evil people who deserved extinction??

11 Likes

what’s your favourite Civ 6 culture? I think Hungary and Zulu are the best and I base this entirely around their theme songs

Just like the Draenei who are the villains of the warcraft setting.

5 Likes

It’s an Alliance (and human at that) faction. They can do literally no evil and any who do have been damaged in some way setting them apart. I’m just saying there’s a reason Anduin isn’t the final fight in visions of Stormwind.

2 Likes

egypt cause cleopatra lookin like a barbie

Your pandaren emperor demands you to kill an insane amount of yaungols before awarding you with a heavenly golden flying dragon.

WHY DIDN’T THEY TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE LEGION!?

God damn! How many dead planets did they leave unprepared in their wake?

is it 'cos he’s white

coughs The British Empire tried to invade French Haïti to reinstore the abolished slavery during the revolutionnary wars. coughs

draenei committed the first major atrocity in the draenei genocide btw

1 Like

not enough

1 Like

Partially, it’s because he’s a human.

And technically this caucasian, blonde and blue eyed young human man is the main character of wow. It sure explains Drustvar’s story now.

1 Like

Hey, that’s pretty sneaky. By lumping in these pointless asides about a faceless, voiceless “they” that do these crazy things you insinuate about, you can sidestep the points being made directly at you and keep harping on those gosh darn leftist groups.

6 Likes

That man’s having fun with his straw