Should Blood Elves get the new diversed human skin tones in SL?

“Hey I’m Kwikwak Boombixxle and I’m your quest chain’s comedic relief? Character!? WHAT EVEN IS THAT!?”

3 Likes

There’s night elves with (close too) human skin colour.

You want them to have the same skin options as blood elves now too, then, I assume?

Goblins think they have it bad, gnomes have been that since vanilla, we’re still that. Atleast goblins are sort of rebounding on it and were a part of the warcampaign.

Even the Gnomeregan Covert Ops and the intro to Mechagon were more “haha, look how funny gnomes are” then actual serious characters.

haha, take this plot-device-in-a-box and use this pocket-size-plot-device to end zone story

3 Likes

Something something money something something long noses something something (redacted)

1 Like

Tell me about it. I play a Gnome too and going from the eerie, dark and gritty Mechagon to “GNOME PUNS HOHOHOHO LET US DEFEAT THE LEPER, MY MERRY FRIENDS. FOR GNOMANITY, EVERYGNOME!!” was… Jarring to say the least.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN’T JUST END A STORY WITH A CONTRIVED PLOT DEVICE, YOU NEED TO SET IT UP IN A SATISFYING WAY WITHOUT USING SOME WHACKY GOBLIN TECH TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

haha goblin machine go boom

7 Likes

daily reminder the dwarves lost a fort to a goblin disguised with a block of cheese on top of his head lol

6 Likes

Ser Twenty of House Goodmen, I see

I would like that.

Lord Weezil Slipshadow

Gonna recruit him to the Avengers Initiative I think

A true king

The example used 2 drive TB mad.

TFW when Goblins are better at blowing up bridges than the Bjora…

1 Like

I hope my Blood Elf can have human ears and tusks next expansion!!

:woozy_face:

1 Like

:boom: :up: :point_right::bridge_at_night:

1 Like

same man same

1 Like

To be fair, it is utterly pathetic storytelling and you can tell when Blizzard gets bored. You get two zones of Forsaken narrative that then leads into Hillsbrad and there’s like, some jabs at the players and meme nukes and an orc who saves the day or something I don’t know.

Uldum is probably the worst, they had an entire blood elf v dwarf thing set up and scrapped it all for “haha german man meme”.

5 Likes

What is more concerning is they sometimes become the most fun zones

1 Like

I am interested. Tell me more, Aerilen-senpai.

I’m absolutely fine with darker-skinned blood elves. Customization is always good for RP, as it allows to lessen the text descriptions by visual substitution. However, what I do not wish to see are people appropriating certain real life cultures to the in-game world because “heh, funny” with very odd headcanon lore with no basis on Blizzard’s part.

Of course, I am not naming anyone, but I will name a single zone: Uldum. :clown_face:

2 Likes

It’s no longer quarantined in Uldum, it instead grooms minors in Orgrimmar and beyond :frowning: