Should Dragonflight be delayed? Does Blizzard care about quality?

Hogwarts Legacy was supposed to be released in December 2022 but today it was delayed till February 2023 because they needed more time to make it a good experience. Other companies seem to care more about player experience than their year profit targets.

When Blizzard announced the release date for DF most people were shocked as it did not feel like the game was ready. I think they should delay the release to make sure that when they release the expansion there is actual content for players to go through. I don’t want the Shadowlands experience where you just hit max level and then off you go to do stupid renown or rep farms. There has to be more content.

Do you guys think they should delay DF or keep it as it is even if you end up being disappointed at max level?

1 Like

If they delay, they would have to provide a refund to everyone, who preordered.
Also: I prefer more content frequency with lower quality over overdesigned things, that won’t work in practice, and wastes everyone’s time

1 Like

Actually no
Sicne there is only an estimated release date
And everything is subjected to change
Pre-order not means they are now obliged to release it, it just means, you already have it ,maybe early acces and all the bonuses that comes with a pre order

1 Like

It says, that there is a guarantee, that it releases this year. Idk where you live, but where I live, they would have to refund legally, if they delayed

They dont have to refund anything, you pre-purchased the product, you already got stuff like game time, ingame items etc, and ofc access to the game is still there. You are getting stuff, no scam involved. When you pre-purchase something you agree basicaly to the terms by giving them money.

1 Like

It says though, that it releases this year with a guarantee. So if they delayed, I would be eligible to a refund legally. Nobody cares about small cosmetics

WoW is an mmo, you can’t compare it with Hogwarts Legacy, which will be an open world rpg.

Season 4 doesn’t offer enough to keep people subscribed and any delay could be potentially fatal as the trust in the company is low at the moment. They can’t afford it any way I look at it.

2 Likes

I’m afraid you would be up for a dissapointment if you would try to ask for a refound in case of a delay

So, do you think, that blizzard stands above law? No.
They would also get in trouble, because of fair market rules.
Either it releases this year, or I will expect a full refund, since it said on the offer, where I bought it, that it releases this year with a guarantee.
Blizzard knows those things, so there won’t be a delay. The thread is pointless

Worth mentioning that I got a full refund for my DF pre-purchase even though I had used the character boost and collected the wings, mount and pets. The latter 3 were removed from my account and the boosted character was locked.
So it’s not outside of the realm of possibility for period to get a refund of the product is delayed.

This doesn’t mean that they are legally obligated to do so though, rather they will treat it case by case.

Legaly they are not bound to refund you just because the product is late. When you pre-purchase stuff you agree to all the terms by paying money. Like they can refund you ofc but from their own goodwill nothing else.

1 Like

Absolutly not, you still got/get everything that was included in your pre-order, you just get it at a later date.

Not gonna repeat myself like a broken recording. Believe what you want, but it ain’t gonna happen

Have they not committed to releasing the game by the end of the year? Wasn’t it part of the deal when you pre-ordered DF?

It literally says “guaranteed to be released before 31.12.2022”
If you think, delaying it without providing a refund is perfectly fine and legal in eu, you’re simply wrong, and nobody cares about the preorder pet. Go keep talking about it and waste time with things, that stem from your fantasy

1 Like

There is not concrete day of relase. Saying something like relases before end of 2022 does not mean anything. Also still no official relase date, other expacs had one for a long time at this point.

Prepurchase is not the same as preorder.

1 Like

But in my country it is. You realy think some EU people/institutions are gonna waste money in Court cause of game relase Lol, never gonna happen.

In my country if you delay something that is supposed to be delivered by a set date:

If the item, or the digital content, that is to be delivered to the consumer is delayed or does not arrive, the following applies:

You do not have the right to be paid until you have delivered the item, or the digital content – the consumer can therefore withhold the payment.
You must deliver the item, or the digital content. In exceptional cases, there may be obstacles that prevent you from completing the transaction.
The consumer has the right to cancel the purchase if the delay is of great importance to the consumer or if they informed you before the purchase that delivery on a given day was decisive for the purchase.
You may be required to pay damages to the consumer for the costs caused by the delay. This does not apply if you can demonstrate that the delay was beyond your control.
3 Likes

Also this whole concept of “Long development equals better product” is also not true, since it’s better to fail as early as possible in development, since most things can’t be foreseen, and the earlier you fail, the less it costs you to fix it.
Testing on ptr is also not worth much compared to a full release.

Shipping a slightly unfinished product, that is enjoyable for the customer still, is way more efficient, than spending ages to make sure, there are 0 bugs, etc.