Show Deserter Percentage in Group Finder

Would have to be careful, as an automated system might brand people who “desert” by no fault of their own.

Worse still, it just gives yet more ammo for elitists to block out players from getting into keys.

We just need a system developed that can detect cronic key-wreckers.

I do remember a such King’s Rest key, group could not down first boss, just wasn’t doable, 2 people doing less damage than tank, tyrannical.

2 Likes

It really doesn’t…

Idea’s like this actually help the players while ensuring they don’t get a player that has deserted a lot of keys just because something wasn’t done perfectly.
There by protecting the little guy from the big bad elitists.

Aye, but you’ll still get a hefty amount of “1% Desert or less” muddying up the LFG even further.

1 Like

Original comment

You’ll get people refusing to leave keys. I can’t have that score on my sheet. I’ll just afk until you remove me etc.

Edited because some can’t understand examples

You’ll get people refusing to leave keys. Things like…
“I can’t have that score on my sheet”
“I’ll just afk until you remove me”

2 Likes

I have taken part in the discussion like anyone else, I don’t think a system like this will work because of the reasons I have pointed out.

I am not but then again you wouldn’t know, because you don’t know me.

I am an issue because here!?!?! Because I don’t desert keys, I stay with groups and complete them even when the timer has run out. Yeah I can see how that is really problematic.

Can you see how stupid you’ve been presuming to know anything about me or how I play.

People like you are the problem.

2 Likes

It’s a good solution / improvement and I suggested a similar thing ages ago.

1.9k score can easily mean the person is an impatient douche that leaves for the smallest reason. That isn’t a quality pug, a quality person is one who will stick about where most “reasonable” people would.

No solution will be perfect but they need to iterate and improve.

2 Likes

Thats a lot of projecting there fella.

Just because someone points of weaknesses in a system doesn’t mean you get to accuse them of everything that comes to mind.

I also liked the “no offense” bit at the end. :smiley:

That just translates into the person is rude and offensive. As if putting that at the end negates it.

1 Like

She literally didn’t say that, is your reading comprehension bust?

1 Like

I actually know her unlike you and i can assure you she is the last person in this game to leave a key bc it’s unlikely that’s its getting timed. She will finish the key no matter how long and chaotic it gets. It’s really weird of you to just assume what kind of person she is

My condolences, you’re reading comprehension is indeed bust beyond repair.

:man_facepalming:

And let me be more clear so I’m less unconstructive.

Reading is about context and subtext. “You’ll get people refusing to leave keys” is the first sentence, it clearly refers to other people. Thats the context for the next words.
“I can’t have that score on my sheet” doesn’t refer to Punys personal thoughts, its her showing how the fictional person in example in the first sentence justifies it to themselves.

She could have made it clearer and said “They say, I can’t have that score on my sheet” but meh. I’ll go out on a limb and say its a native vs non native thing.

1 Like

Could you answer the question instead of a round of insults?

I have no idea where you have got this contradict notion from. That is all you. I have come to take part in a discussion. Which I am.

You don’t get to demand anything of me and I don’t have to justify myself. Frankly you have attacked me based on nothing and I have zero inclination to share anything with you.

You have made presumptions based upon my raider io score. That is on you.

I will take your word for it, but just to point it out, you can also read it like this:

“You’ll get people refusing to leave keys” -> You will have parties who wont agree to abandon or forfeit the dungeon, forcing those who wish to leave to stay.

“I can’t have that score on my sheet. I’ll just afk until you remove me etc.” -> I cant have the inept attempts of said people on my score sheet.

Regardless. Three people stood up for her, i will delete my previous posts and i apologize hereby. I was rash if nothing else.
That being said, unrelated to her, i wish my argument to remain. There are many people who think like this and abandon parties for the sake of io scores and what not. These people are the specific and exact issue which should be put under control by a percentage counter.

It is a discussion about a proposed system, I gave examples of what people will do to avoid getting these ‘negative scores’ or clock up a ‘deserter/leaver score’.

You took it as a chance to attack me over something I have never done.

However I will go put both comments in " seeing as you struggle to understand the context.

2 Likes

You wrote something that had absolutely zero indication of being a hypothetical scenario, unrelated to your person. Zero.
Without indicators, im not capable of guessing whether or not “I can’t have that score on my sheet. I’ll just afk until you remove me etc.” refers to other people or yourself. You wrote it with “i” and i took it exactly as that: You talking about your own opinion.

Regardless, as per the post above, two people vouched that this was not the case. As such i apologized for it.

With that being said, i removed your person from my argument too.
The people you described are the people who are the main problem. They are not the ones who should be taken into consideration.
If they want to chase after io scores, they should make their own premade parties instead of ruining god knows how many people’s stones in the LFG tool.

After that spicy little drama bit…
I don’t think any of your issues still stand if kicks still cause “deserter”. Sure it can be “abused”, but unlike LFG tool abuses this actually results in a loss by the abuser > with 4 people their key will likely downgrade. Besides I really don’t think the abuse would reach a % that would be worth worrying about in this case, M+ grouping is time consuming enough usually, there are better places to troll, without punishment.
I did very little M+ during BfA even less than in Legion and even so I still encountered a leaver. I don’t think such a system would hurt anyone, if anything it would help people find like minded individuals easier.

I think they need a rethink on how the M+ key system works because right now it is creating a very poisonous environment in game.

I honestly don’t have a solution as it needs to retain its challenge, so yeah, keys have to deplete under the current system, but maybe they can rethink for the future.

There are possibilities but all of them have downsides, like one I was thinking of was stop the clock if someone leaves and allow a replacement, however this could also be abused by kicking class A that you want on the first boss and replacing with class B for the next.

I will reiterate however that at this stage I’m just usually running with a couple of friends when on. The culture now is everyone thinks they are in Method and there is no forgiveness for the slightest mistake, I have seen the most vile and abusive language directed by players towards each other in M+ of late, and people wonder then why some players don’t want to do “challenging” content or why people are leaving the game.

1 Like

I don’t think people would actually think like that. I think most of these toxic people are obsessed with raiderio scores and their toxicity comes from wanting to beat everyone else in performance. Topping the deserter percentage doesn’t sound like something they would care about I believe. But, I think it should only take the last x days (30? 7? idk) into account so it wouldn’t be anything permanent.