Show Deserter Percentage in Group Finder

If you introduce a system that will give them a negative score they will think like that.

Yeah I really don’t like the M+ system either tbh. I was yelled at by a tank for not knowing the tactics on the blood/light boss in Atal’Dazar when he accidentally stepped in a pool early, and thought I picked up two. Of course he didn’t apologize for his mistake, he would never admit to being wrong in such an environment.

M+ system is basically just Diablo rift system brought over with less diversity. But unlike rifts, which you could just push alone if you wanted M+ always requires 4 more people. In Diablo I got kicked from groups just for being a certain non-meta class at the time so it’s safe to say that these high stress environments nurture more volatile player behavior. Probably not the best idea for an MMO, as that would lead to worse player experiences, especially from newer players.

I preferred challenge mode days myself, where you only had to push for that timer once or twice, not every week. Beating every CM on gold in WoD was not easy but at least once you were done you were done, you didn’t have to stress yourself over that timer over and over again every week. (Now you could just say M+ isn’t mandatory but what else should I be doing? It’s not like I have many options in BfA, there are no meaningful grinds to pursue, everything is time-gated)

BfA is just littered with timers anyway, it’s way too much. Even the lowest tier of content, IE-s are a competition you can’t just chill around and explore. Sure the timers might not be hard to beat in most cases, but it just adds a stress factor.

1 Like

I don’t think negative scoring would be a good idea. It would be the death of pugging as no one would want to go in a pug for fear of negative RIO score.

It would be akin to no one wanting to a pug a raid on their main when raid locks prevailed.

2 Likes

But this would not score how good of a player they are, it would score how toxic they are. If they don’t desert the group they have nothing to worry about.

And even if they desert it’s still just a number. I have seen threads here which straight up suggested banning deserters, which I think would be too much. This is just a number that shows up only when you try to join a m+.

In general I won’t leave a key (unless someone becomes abusive towards me which I just won’t tolerate). However some groups are just plain bad. I also find it hard to blame players when most keys are advertised “on time” and when it is clearly failing to be on time.

I would think it is very poor form to leave a +10 advertised as “for weekly” though. That is just plain mean.

1 Like

I always mute people who are aggressive towards me in pugs. If I can’t see what they are saying I don’t get upset. :slight_smile: My only problem is when they leave and I can’t get a replacement.

pretty much give us statistics on who left what at what time

give us kick %
give us leave %

pretty simple.

you afk in run you get kicked, some baddie was in a bad mood and kicked u, and 1001 reasons - you get increased kick %. a statistic that will indicate in how many runs you got kicked

then give us leave % - a statistic that indicates how often you left a key on your own.

issue fixed.

1 Like

Here’s my suggestion:

A player that leaves (not kicked) from a group that is running any M+ key, gets a 2 day lockout from all M+ dungeons. If a player from such a group is offline for more than 5 mins, the remaining 4 members can vote to kick this player and he/she still receives this lockout. Only if said player offline.
Additionally this player could also get a deserter-esque debuff showing the lockout timer of 2 days. Let him walk around in shame.

I think something like this would be better than the deserter ‘rating’ thing because it’s effective and immediate punishment, but not having long term implications. Permanent bad reputation for an act long ago isn’t the most healthy thing and is open to abuse.

So lets say your internet connection goes down for a moment or your laptop overheats and suddenly turns off. Now you cant play for 2 days and get a badge of shame? I dont think many would like that solution.

There’s way too many workarrounds for a system like this to work

Count how many times you received the deserter debuff since last Wednesday, divide by how many m+ keys you have done since last Wednesday and display this percentage next to your ilvl when you apply for a key in Group Finder.

Do not receive the deserter debuff when you are not the first to leave the instance or when the group votes not to finish the dungeon.

Vote kick counts as deserter for a reason, keep it that way. Nobody will kick you just to troll with you, it will break their key.

No. I want the freedom to step out of the group when they start flaming me for low hps when they not know how healing works (never go to flames on treeboss in WM, and then get 1 shot by crush, and then ‘only 20k hps??’). I am out of toxic groups, always. The healer and the tank got abused too often. With a penalty system I just quit the game completely.

Yes I said this on another thread… would be nice to see it built into raider io

Warrior is the only class who can tank the boss until the end without needing to kite the boss through flames and that also heavily depends on the key level so
anyone who says you can ignore the flames has no idea what they are talking about

And then the healer got flamed by low hps while there is nothing to heal all the time when the tank suddenly dies. A system like this is promoting toxic and bullying behavior since you got a penalty for leaving after getting flamed.

And there’s also a reason why Derserter isn’t connected to preformed/handmade (M+) groups, and it’s not going to be either.

All these changes, how well meant they are, will prob make pugging M+s even harder.

I usually tank, why would I get into a random group containing 3 players who know eachother? If they want to finish the dungeon at all costs even though they are horrible I’d be stuck with deserter anyways.

This will cause even more risk-minimizing.

You’d be surprised. And well 4-manning a dungeon while still doing it in time is easily possible, even a weekly 10…so.

Besides, breaking a key? That happened in Legion. They already made it more pug-proof. Decreasing 1 level, big whoop. At least you still get a reward.

1 Like

You can mute them. No need to leave. Report them for being toxic if you feel like. Still, if 1 person is abusive, the rest of the group should not suffer. You leave 3 people who did absolutely nothing wrong and break their key as well.

The change I am suggesting is simply to display the ratio of deserts you have that week. I do not see what the risk is here. It’s only a number. There are two types of people: hardcores and casuals if you will. The hardcore will leave on the first wipe while casuals will stick it out even if the healer is not-so-good or the tank doesn’t know all the mechanics.

Let’s say there is an ilvl 410 with a leave ratio of 30% and a 395 with a leave ratio of 2%. I will choose the ilvl 395 because I want to casually complete the dungeon. It will take more time, but there are people who prefer that. I don’t know all the tactics and skips and I would like to complete my key, not necessarily on time. On the contrary, someone who is a hardcore might choose the ilvl 410 who they believe will know the dungeons and tactics better and not care so much about the deserter ratio.

Essentially, both hardcores and casuals will be able to group up with likeminded people and enjoy the game at the pace they desire.

Sorry but communication is key in M+. You can not mute players and run with them. And it is breaking 1 key, not of all the players. The toxic player is to blame. Not the victim.

You can mute the toxic player only. It’s not like they are going to say anything useful other than bashing you. They will still see what you are saying, but in my experience they will not do anything you tell them anyways, so there is really no communication going on here.

I already do this and 100% time the toxic actually leaves after being ignored for a while.

Players stop pugging to avoid getting a deserter-% above X? I mean this solution is supposed to help Pugging right, what if it hurts it more than it solves?

1 Like