Shuffle changes insane

if shuffle works great for you it is fine or do i inderstand that wrong.

i mean they should remove all titles u can get in nomral 3s and make either new ones for shuffle or only give legend and r1 in that fun bracket

Right, but that was the case with 5v5 and Wargames as well. But fact of the matter is that when very few people choose to do a group activity that’s based on a queue system, then Blizzard has to do something about it. Especially if it’s meant to be relevant content.

If it’s something you can queue for, then there’s a natural expectation from the player that when you hit the queue button, then you’re going to get into a game.
But if too few people queue for something, then the wait time will be infinite.
There’s a certain minimum number of people needed to sustain any queue system in the game.
If any queue activity falls below that number, then Blizzard either has to boost its popularity so the queue system can function and match people in games, or they have to axe the content.

It’s unsustainable to have queue systems for relevant content that don’t practically work because there’s too few people queueing.
The laissez-faire approach of leaving it to players to decide themselves doesn’t remove Blizzard’s responsibility to have functional queue systems for the content that revolves around queues.

Which is probably why they’re doing what they are now. They either do something to boost the activity of 2v2 & 3v3 or it eventually goes the way of the dodo.

Dude come on every top player has said shuffle isn’t arena, it’s chaotic especially if you don’t play the right class/spec and the one that require setup are horribly hard to play at some point with 0 synergy and communications.

Also most people don’t know how to play something else than melee cleave and you can feel it even at a high rating.

If you like shuffle good for you I don’t mind but shuffle isn’t equal to 3s, not even close and shouldn’t be the first bracket to me.

2 Likes

? u can do this already, u q shuffle then u invite ur teammate and q 2s/3s
u was able to do this since the first day of the expansion

Yes, shuffle is not equal to legacy 3s, it is better than legacy 3s.

There is a reason why Premier League is more popular compared to Serie A, football matches in Premier League is much more chaotic and exciting, less scripted.

“I pLaY rMp siNcE 2007, sHuFfLe iS nOt rEaL aReNa, to pLaY rMp for 15 yEaRs iS tHe rEaL sKiLL”

And they removed 5v5 for a reason. :wink:

By boosting it’s popularity even when it’s all based on fake? We had that in the past, didn’t end well! People hated to play what the didn’t want to play!

To be completely honest here: At least 50% of the PvP base only came back to DF because of solo shuffle! You don’t think so? Well, how active were SL S3 and S4? In S4 3s was basically even more dead than it is right now and we hadn’t ranked solo shuffle back then that you could blame.

We also still had upgrade system as some might think that missing gear rewards are also a reason for the low popularity of 3s right now.

It was just not played for the reasons why people tend to play shuffle now. They didn’t had the mates, they stayed in LFG for hours to not find anything viable and when they finally had a team, chances were good that they couldn’t push higher without investing a lot of time into the team synergy.

We are in 2023, when I have to invest hours over hours before I can even start to enjoy the ranked PvP, I could also just play another game. And when you think that is a good idea, always remember what happens when people thought the same in 2022 (SL S4).

Shuffle is 3s, just without voice and without premade teams. Which means, you can’t rely on advantages like meta comp or team synergy. That is the only difference: 3s is team based, shuffle is more player based.

Btw, you might not play the game long enough, but when arena took place in TBC, the people who enjoyed battlegrounds or epic battles in Lordaeron the most, also said that arena doesn’t require skill, etc. blahblah. Or that 2v2, 3v3 and even 5v5 content doesn’t belong in a mmo, as the 2nd m stands for massive, not for less than a handful!

And 3s hasn’t meta comps that gives you a huge advantage over others, right? :joy:

Or wizard cleave, or RMP etc. But they get away with it for decades! I know people who are great RMP players, they know every strat, see and execute every good setup, but replace one of the classes with another (mage with shadow for example) and the rogue is completely lost.

Or take shadowcleave. Friends of mine exclusively played that during BFA. They were one of the top shadowcleaves and they still dominate with it, if their comp is good/strong. But put them into other comps and they become 2k players again.

So what exactly is your point? If you want to compete in solo shuffle, you need to adapt to every comp you might play with and against. Yesterday I played my warrior. In the first shuffle I was with 3 wizards (boomy, destro and frost). In the 2 game I was with 3 melees though.

Agree, but that is personal preference. Other people might enjoy team based content more while others prefer individual based content.

It’s not fair for everyone, not hard to understand tbh some class work with everything and some just aren’t.

In 3s you chose a working comp and q into working comp, and into people that know how to play with coordination.

Shuffle is mostly play randomly with player doing their job in their own side and see what happen kinda

3s is more serious shuffle is mostly chaotic to me

But you have the same issue in 3s and it is even a billion times more worse! Regular 3s is clearly dominated by meta comps, but also give teams a huge advantage if they build up good synergy and massively play the game to find new strats versus several compositions.

In shuffle you don’t have those advantages. Your class might now be the best, but you can swap around specs without losing rating, r1 titles are given out spec based, people can’t say that they don’t want to play with you because of your spec, etc.

Everyone has to deal with what he gets. Some classes do better here than others, but every class has at least one viable dps spec. Every single one!!! That is not the case for 3s. If you don’t play the absolute meta or don’t wanna hop into the strongest comp of your class, you will have trouble to compete. You will even have trouble to find people to play with!

Btw, there are a lot of guys like you who claims that shuffle doesn’t require skill or that their spec/class is too bad to make it work. But how comes then, that when you check the shuffle ladder, that most well known players of their spec from 3s are also dominating with their spec in shuffle?

Last but not least, aren’t you saying with your argumentation, that those people are one trick ponies who only shine in a specific comp but can’t make it work, when the conditions change? Is that the definition of a good player?

1 Like

No you don’t cause you pick a comp that is working xD
In shuffle you can’t chose it’s a surprise every lobby.

The best player like pikaboo will always be able to push regardless the state of the game, if you check currently he is playing a lot of class in the game to atlezst 2k4.

Most of the player base don’t play 8h per day at the top level.

i mean its obviously arena and not thaaat different. Its just a bit more chaotic and faster but when you are good at regular 3s you are most likely good in shuffle.

its going to be the “first” bracket because its easily accessible, easier to get rating and there is no “pressure”.

thats absolutely not the reason lol premier league is more popular because they its the most competetive league with the best footballers. Has nothing to do with the playstyle. In fact german bundesliga has the most goals per game and its not the most popular.

1 Like

i wish ppl would also understand that if they able q something solo it doesnt mean that they are there also solo :smiley:

today i saw frostmage ask him after game how come he didnt attack with the rest on the guy who finished 1/6, he said he was on whatsapp txt with wife so didnt pay much attention :smiley:

But you want to tell me that you could compete with them in regular arena? Or what was the answer about?

If you can make it work in 3s, you can make it work in shuffle. If you can’t, you were just carried by meta in a season or two.

If you doubt that, show me a real good 3s player, who wasn’t able to achieve a top spot of his spec in shuffle.

SoloQ RATED BATTLEGROUNDS

@BLIZZARD

1 Like

but in the bundesliga u know whos winning every german cup its bayern all the way.

so yea ur point is valid.

cause premier has way more insane teams compared and alot of top clubs they also are international succesfull.

yo axran how u doin.

u want solo rbg que?

1 Like

yo :slight_smile:

yeh soloQ RBG would be the best

1 Like

The reason why bundesliga is not the most popular is because it is scripted like 3s, Bayern Munich is rmp, it is clear they’ll be rank1 and gatekeep all other teams from climbing.

The same rule applies to french league.

Btw, I am also curious what class/spec you are talking about here? Because most of the setup specs I can currently think of are doing great. Mage, Rogue, Lock, SP, Hunter, WW and so on.

Might be a hot take, but the top players that rely on Arenas for their profit and success have a lot to lose, so of course majority of them are gonna favor 3s, even more so when they have the connections and dont need to sit in LFG as majority of players do
(And lets also remember, there’s wintrade posts and leaks regarding a lot of those every season)

To be fair, this can be said about 2s and 3s aswell, playing off meta there is miserable too.

1 Like

How can you say shuffle is better ?
Lol as soon as you start facing people that actually have more than 8 fingers in shuffle all rounds end at 50% dampening. If people press buttons you don’t get oneshotted.
It’s pretty rare to die in a setup in shuffle.
Shuffle it’s not skill, shuffle is a brawl and it will be like that for the rest of this time .
And I don’t want it to be changed but please don’t compare it to rated 3s because the only thing that they have in common is that it’s a 3vs3 match nothing more