Sick and tired of the Sky Golem

I’ve gotta say I am so sick and tired of using the sky golem all the time. Not only is it ugly and noisy but a must have for any herbalists out there. Why can we not give engineers a way to craft mount equipment for herbing mounted or something?
Fuming over here

16 Likes

great idea. i feel the same :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah. I think they should make Archimonde and Mekkatorque be able to gather herbs as well.

1 Like

Yes please. It need to collect herbs on my unicorn, thanks.

Also, it seems like mount equip was supposed to be doing this, but they changed their minds? Cause mount equips are totally useless right now.

Definitely agree 100%

A mount equip for this would be amazing. Pleaseee blizz :pray:

3 Likes

We need a mount transmog option for this thing.

1 Like

Honestly, I dont think a mount or druid form should allow ppl to gather with no dismounting. It gives unreasonable advantage over rest of the community and brings nothing good.
But I hate it too, so I dont use it. I agree with you.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if it’s ability were gone and got replaced by mount item engineers only can make for sale, always from the current xpacks materials.

The one that ‘almost’ totally stops you getting knocked off your mount isn’t useless at all now that we are back on the ground.

1 Like

Wasn’t the whole point of mount equipment to prevent people from being forced to use a certain mount like it was with the water strider?

I agree about the mount. I also dont like the swaying it does in flight. However I would disagree with it being a must have for herbalists. The must have for herbalists is to level a Druid specifically for herbing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In general they should make mounts instant cast already. It’s just annoying to wait a second every time you land while doing old content loremaster, if you are a new player or just in general. Make it instant please. There’s no reason not to.
We all had brooms in halloween and druids can even vanish shadowmeld or invisibility potion and instapop flying, and how does any of that ruin the game? It doesn’t. Time to make every mount and class pop insta mounts.
Does it break the game or pvp? No, it does only one thing:
It makes mounting FEEL good. And that shouldn’t be something only druids can or are allowed to feel while everyone else is getting wrinkles and grey hairs by staring at that god damn annoying “mounting” cast bar a billion times.

They should have professions craft items that allow the opposite professions to use any mount to do stuff. Different tiers and material costs and cd:
15 - 30 - 60 min - soft ones, from lowest cheapest mats, vanish upon death.
2 - 6 - 12 hours - hard ones, very expensive, persist through death.

So what do we need, mining, herbs, skinning?
I’d like to throw in combat while mounted but people would ofc abuse it by swooping in trying to kill someone and fly away if they are about to fail.

For mounted Mining

• Enchanting: magic pickaxe that flies to the a node and mines it, 10y range.
  • Tailoring: enchanted mining bag (just a item in your inventory, doesn’t hold a real bag slot, like a army knife) is required to work with the magic pickaxe.
  • Engineering: Some gizmo like a extendable boxing glove toy with a drill and sucking tube that let’s you loot nodes, 10y range.
  • Leatherworking: drill gizmo requires a sturdy sack attached to the tube.
  • Alchemists: some potions that extend the duration of all the 4 items above, making them last longer, refreshing them a few times before they wear out, fade away or break.

Use your imagination to make tools by all the other professions for herbalism and skinning. I would, but I’m not getting paid or any appreciation otherwise for it.

1 Like

Really like the idea of a mount equipment that lets you gather on any mount.

Mount equipment could have been way more interesting than what we currently have.

I’d love to see something for your mounts with shops on them to be customizable, you’d be able to sell your own items at the shop so you’d park your mount somewhere in Oribos and be afk.

I haven’t used it on any herbalist character I have since WoD. You don’t have to use it.

If you just want to get rid of the noise, Leatrix Plus can mute the Golem specifically.
It’s got a great range of QoL things with it as well.

I don’t think that’s a good answer, jest or not! Same as rerolling druid or worgen to mount in the maw.
I mostly play 1 char and that is not a druid, so I atleast felt like venting my frustrations into the void that is the forum :cry:

Hilariously enough there was an craftable items that did that (and more), however Blizz noped it out of SL.

It wasn’t intended as an answer… it was an opinion… and yes, it was a jest. Subtle dig at all the multiboxing druid herbers :slight_smile:

Was that the item from WoD. I never went without that.

Do you know if they nerfed the cider that near give you a insta herb pick. I they you get them from the winter veil season dailies.

You guys have a mount that you can gather mats with and you’re complaining about it because its ugly and noisey? wtf.

Ungrateful mofo’s, i hope they delete the damn mount.

I’d use the ugliest looking mount in history if i could mine with it.

Unbelievable…