SIGNUPS CLOSED [Rp-PvP Campaign] War on All Fronts: Howling Fjord - Jan 6 - Jan 13

Campaigns going well so far!

Is there a scoreboard on the current situation of both of the factions?

Here’s the score:

Alliance rule, horde drool

1 Like

Shrines dedicated to Grommash Hellscream and Sylvanas Windrunner have been erected to inspire melee combatants with the orc’s legendary fury and rangers and spellcasters with the Windrunner family’s swiftness.

^ An update from Hangart on Discord.

Manata could’ve been spotted at New Agamand by the shrine of Hellscream, singing a reverent song composed for the legendary warrior. Perhaps inspiring some others to join the verses or just hum along:

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

Young he claimed the mantle of chieftain
Unquestioned, undenied, invincible!
The Warsong leader led ogre slaughter
Gorehowl singing with the blood of the heathen
Challenged the foe, claimed victory!

Grommash, hero of war and story
Grommash, hail his might and glory
The Warlord with the Iron Will!

Giant’s Heart, soul full of thunder
Sworn killer of men, a scream from hell
Stood against the Forest Lord:
He and his elves destined to fail
New land conquered for the Horde:
They would prevail!

Deceived once, deceived twice
The demon pitted mind against mind
Yet the Pit Lord’s end came in a trice
Giant’s Heart, with a scream from hell
Gorehowl in hand, wrought his people free will
Redeemed himself with the ultimate price
Reedeemed the orcs from the Demon Curse!
A true warrior’s death, behold!
Fighting for his people
Till his last breath

7 Likes

There was a bit of phasing last night, everyone around me disappeared and it was me VS 5 Horde who just acted as if all the alliance forces suddenly disappeared to nuke me. That wasn’t cool, Pullo&Friends.

Is there a way to use the elixir of tongues or Cross RP to view opposite faction TRP profiles?

Nope, and probably won’t be possible until blizzard changes their API again.

I was told that one way to do it is to load all the TRPs while you’re on a hordie and then swap to your alli character, I doubt that actually works though.

1 Like

It works, but mostly because TRP saves the profile based on character name.

I’ve had offrealmers / people from the German RP realms in Warmode phase pop up with TRP profiles solely because they shared the character name of someone from AD who my TRP scanned.

1 Like

Indeed. Cross RP and the potion are not involved and you have to see them on their own faction every time you want an up to date version of their profile.

Actually, it works cross realm now. So the german RP profiles you see are actually real.
Just doesn’t seem to work cross faction.

They were Alliance.

During last night’s RPpvp fight, I noticed that I could see SOME TRPs of Horde players as I observed from above. I clicked on a few people, eager to read their juicy details but found only a handful of their TRPs seemed accessible.

I’m not sure if this is because I had perhaps been near these people on a Horde side character before and it had somehow saved or if this is part of the elixir of tongue’s effect.

It’s because you have been near people on a Horde side character, yes. As pointed out before TRP saves the profile and that does make it possible to see the name, read the profile etc. on Alliance and vice versa. It is currently the only way to do just that.

Which means if we want to exchange information between each other in RP-PvP, we simply return to saying our names and declaring our future reunions of revenge, like days of yore.

I have a young warrior and a winged paladin to hunt down.

3 Likes

The Elixir of Tongues is such a blessing, I love love love finally being able to hear what the enemy has to say! I never played Horde, so I didn’t actually know what they’re like RP-wise, until now. Makes the RP battles twice as fun, very atmospheric!

5 Likes

I have thoroughly enjoyed this campaign and will be sad to see it conclude.

In particular I enjoyed the flying section, ably led Alliance side by Captain Asheton (apologies if I get your name wrong!) Though I may be slightly biased about that simply because it suited my character!

Additionally, while there was the usual humming and hawing about role playing with gnomes, most folks I met seemed more than happy to chat away with Kotobuki and his gnomish cadre. Some of it was serious talk of war and bad mouthing the Horde fliers, some of it was more light hearted chats and awkward Kotobuki flirting.

It was nice to see so many races role playing in the one place, different RP concepts and characters working together without someone trying to shoo away a void elf, a warframe or a gnome. It felt more like the Alliance we see portrayed in game than someone’s head canon which I thought was fantastic, very wholesome!

My only slight gripe was the spying element. I think, thanks to the elixir of tongues, we finally have an opportunity for spy role play, with Horde spies sneaking into camp, listening in on meeting and conversation at the risk of being caught or killed, picking up intel and gossip to take back to camp. Instead, we were treated to rogues appearing behind people, stabbing them and running away.

There was one night where an orc, who will go unnamed, kept dropping out of stealth to stab someone while shouting Black Betty lyrics before running off. Mildly amusing yes but also a little too silly for serious role play. Additionally, there was an undead chap who sat in stealth running around the keep literally yelling for the Alliance to come find him. It felt more like bad criminal RP in Elwynn than it did gritty spy wars.

As I say, that was my only gripe. I heard there was drama in discords and complaints about this and that but I did not encounter them so will not comment.

All in all I enjoyed the campaign both in the field and the after hours role play back at camp.

11 Likes

F in ten words :pray::pensive:

2 Likes

The final push came along, and with it the Alliance find New Agamand has been left abandoned, with much of its surrounding area blighted to slow any pursuit.

Surely the Alliance would not be stupid enough to wordlessly charge through blight?

The Horde had picked it clean of any and all items of value before moving East to fortify at Vengeance Landing and prepare to sail home.
Without any competition, the mainland of the Howling Fjord could be claimed in the name of Alliance operations.
Though they would return home with this victory on their backs, their actions would, surprisingly, come into question by High Command. The order to march on the Fjord had never came from them, and they question the assault of a land they have no current plans with.

To the North, the Horde already had operations underway at Conquest Hold. They would rebuild the Howling Fjord in time on the back of the industry to the North.

Had someone played them for fools? It seems possible. But it was all too likely that the culprit would not be caught.

That marks the end of the campaign. The finale was sadly cut to an underwhelming snuff out due to the Horde, unsurprisingly, not wanting to play with people who are led by folks who are more than happy to post people’s nudes, go on transphobic rants, and target and bully those who dared to call them out on it.

The campaign of subversion led by a handful of terrible people (I don’t need to name them, we all know who they are and they aren’t sorry in the slightest), is why I have decided not to publicly allow Alliance to campaigns in future. Though some of their guilds played well and have been commended for it, overall they have been dragged down by people who would rather win some made up campaign than make the most of the roleplay setting provided.

Maybe in time they will fix their branch of the community, but for now the quality is too weak to justify allowing this again.

46 Likes

Had to use a death gate because the Alliance surrounded the inn he was at

:joy: in ten characters

1 Like

I don’t think the Alliance understands the basic fact that if they don’t show courtesy to the Horde they just won’t bother RP-PvPing w/ them anymore; there’s a plethora of guilds on the blue side to choose from, given it’s 3/4th of the server, while each red one is a rarity in comparison. It’s easy to pick those we actually like from our perspective.

I had fun at the unrestricted PvP, but I’ve heard on the grapevine that the restricted had loads of weird stuff going on w/ the Alliance doing weird discord manuevour stuff, playing to win, rather than roleplaying q. crazily.

29 Likes