Simple QOL AV Improvements

Amusement. Not trolling, big difference.

Why waste my Energy on the Retail forums to make it better, if nothing changes anyway.

I have here exactly the thread i anticipated a year ago.

@Bewarê: Exactly, only 40, and even worse, it only takes 21 to form a /AFK kick majority. And since Mandokir has nowhere near near 10k active players, it actually, in theory, only takes 42 English speakers to “conquer” that realms BG (AV) queues on both factions (21 for each faction). Which IS a problem. You are looking at the “wrong end” of the numbers. The problem lies within the fact that the Spanish speaking Mandokirians have no way of preventing English speaking newcomers (paid transfers) from taking over their realm’s BG (AV specifically) queues, if there are realm based restrictions on the systems. :frowning: The non-Mandokirian English speakers and any allied Mandokirian English speakers will simply “/AFK kick” the non-allied Mandokirians (the Spanish speakers) as their first action, if the total number making it through exceeds 20 and with the restrictions in place, the system will most likely replace them with allied Mandokirians instead.

And Blizzard can not drop the /AFK report threshold below 20, because it would make abusing the /AFK kick system even easier under such realm restricted systems. :frowning: As to your last comments, no, in the literal sense of the word, but it WOULD require something silly along the lines of Blizzard having a requirement that AV team MUST have people from at least five (and exactly five due to there being only four French realms) different realms. In other words, forcing a situation, where coordination becomes too complex. Doable, but extremely unpractical… In addition, it would like also increase queue times even more, even for alliance side characters. :frowning: Which is not a good thing. :frowning:

I am not sure, if I managed to condence my thoughts clearly, but I welcome additional notes and observations.

Your name sums you up incredibly well, you’re so Partial that you’re, for the second time in this thread alone, just blatantly jumping to conclusions to argue for the sake of arguing.

Let me address them.

No, me and many other horde players did not enjoy the faction inbalance during P2 and many of us also raised concerns, but believe it or not, there were alliance deathsquads going around killing everyone they encountered too. However, all of this was expected and not due to abuse of mechanics or bugs.

Just to answer the only question in that statement, my “voices” were mostly on Reddit. I haven’t used this forum to much in the past.

Again, wrong. I don’t demand change and I’m certainly not at a disadvantage except for when it comes to the queue time, which I’m absolutely fine with.

I would estimate that I win roughly 80% of the games I’m in, be it against premades or not. However, I do not enjoy the meta since it’s essentially abusing mechanics to an extent that you’re not playing the BG as it’s meant to be played.

This may or may not be true for some players, but take actual veterans like APES for instance, it doesn’t occur to you that they might have some reasoning behind playing alliance?
I can only speak for myself when it comes to my faction decision and had nothing to do with the undead racial nor having shamans.

They can.

No you haven’t.

This could be true, but there’s no way you nor I can know this.

I’d say it seems more like you’re desperately trying to steer this thread to where you want it to. You haven’t really contributed with anything except for “but horde are so much stronger and meaner so we shouldn’t fix bugs, because that could favor the horde in some ways!!!111”

1 Like

#no changes!
As you all wanted!

That’s abusing the report function though, which Blizzard sees as a punishable action. So there’s no reason to not implement something because you presume people will abuse it in a way that breaks the rules.

That rather comes down to Blizzard’s incompetence to uphold their own rules, but that’s another story for another day.

Depends entirely on the circumstances. I’d argue having the extreme surplus of players makes this analogy more likely:

While I wrote that for a different suggestion, it can also be applied to this one.

To clarify, since you seem to base your protests on that both of the suggestions would be implemented in the first post you quoted of mine, is that the probability estimations can also include things like size on matchmaking pool to determine the likelihood of it being a non-randomized pattern.

It doesn’t have to be as simplistic as you seem to imagine.

Most of the time its just to correct somebody.

Best example is “the problem is that ally can Q together”. It may be nit picking, but that is the effect of the problem, not the problem itself.

It only is the problem for this person now.

But you weren’t vocal during P2 or ?

How ?

Dont give me “Free faction change”, if you never worked for a big company.

The child already went down the bin.

There had to be changes before this happened.

That is a valid point in itself, but again this happened because player got more efficient. The players changed how they play the game with the today knowledge.

Its the root cause. Sure many got “lured” in by friends without knowing, but it all started with people knowing why pick horde for PvP.

After that its just like sheeps. The first person knew exactly why he wanted his friends to be horde.

I have, even the premade thing. This here is 100% a copy paste of 15 years ago. Every topic.

Alternative idea: no changes.

May I ask if you have experienced that Exploit from Alliance perspective? You can’t simply defend this if there is more than just one Horde Rogue tapping the graveyard. Usually there is a whole group including a healer (or at least a class with healing capabilities) abusing that backdoor and since our Recall trinket teleports us right into that group, there is no use for it unless there are 5 or more ppl using it at the same time (gl with that in a pug) though using this trinket and rezzing at the nearest gy is still better than ghost run your way back to north. Sure, alliance could defend from start but these people would be missing at the first ambush. You also have a lot of trolls on alliance side, being afk and knocking everyone off the bridge who tries to defend Dun Baldar which makes it even harder to defend because you have to defend your base against your own team.

Alliance lose by backdoor in 95% of all games. Horde/Alliance lose by premade maybe 10-20% of all games.

Would be nice if they fix both problems but this thread is ignoring the fact that alliance also has to deal with premades (probably even more than horde) plus the other much more problematic issue.
It was just a clarification.

I have not experienced it from Alliance point of view, but I am rushing the aid station in almost every game I played so far, mostly I have been alone, or sometimes one more that follows me straight up to the backdoor while the rest still zergs at Belinda and the tower. In those cases a single defender would have been enough.

But lets say a few more minutes in the game, and more horde move in. Then yeah, you can no longer defend with one. But do you think Horde defenses that is wining games is only one person?

Usually we already send out a group of mages and whoever joins them directly to Galv to defend him.

And when the alliance zerg finally gets past that point and heads to base, its not one person coming to defend but 10+

As long as Alliance rather flame and report their own defenders AFK because they prefer a quick loss over a longer game, your problem will not be fixed. And the backdoor only facilitates a little bit in that but is definitively not the cause. Before using the backdoor I did the same rush and stealth over the bridge. Took slightly longer, but just as doable since no one defended and I could just sprint/vanishand bandage up if I got detected by an NPC.

By the way, our trinket also sends us in the middle of the alliance attackers once they arrived at our base, they always camp in front of the entrance too.

Its a “defense is evil” mindset that looses Alliance games. They only can pull that off with a good premade because they are not that easy to defend. But PuG vs PuG it will not win games. But quick loss is good too, right?

Thats another problem the alliance has to deal with. Seems like half our raid is just zerging at Balinda gy instead of assisting south or defending the base. They accepted that they will lose anyway and let their base burn down to join the next AV instantly after.

Concerning your other point:

Yes, I believe you that you are often alone the moment you backdoor into alliance base. Sooner or later someone will come to def but also Horde number increases. However, I’m usually one of the first going to defend because I want to turn in my Mats before its not possible anymore and in most cases there is a group ganking me the moment I teleport there. Just of curiosity, does an elite protect the Dun Baldar gy like an elite does in your base?

Lmao talking about op fear ward when half of your faction is immune to fear, the other half immune to stun.

1 Like

So 50% of the horde is Orc, and 50% is Undead? We have plenty of Taurens and Trolls too really.

But, you prove that alliance have Trolls too

Your IQ is probably close to zero. Horde is outnumbering alliance exactly because of OP racials. If alliance would roll horde, you would have queues of 1 hour+…

Funny thing how out of all my wins against premades not even 10% used backdoor. Ones that did failed at it as it was only 2-3 people using it.

yes the tauren and troll races ~10% of the horde the others are orcs and undeads Im more than sure about that. Even if it would be more, did you really try to compare “op” pve racials to pvp when they talk about pvp unbalance? Pve racials could be only a problem for mobs or raid bosses its not your problem unlike being immune to stuns etc.

@Dondarion, Diokhan: According to unofficial statistics, about 38 to 44% of the Classic horde are forsaken, roughly 25% orcs, around 20% trolls and tauren at around 15+%. Depends a bit on what time period / level range / realm you are looking at. The numbers above are rough world wide overalls.

@Myself: Personal .lua file: Zandalar Tribe (horde), sample size 2488: Undead 1 001 (about 40%), orcs 596 (about 24%), 444 tauren (about 18%) and 447 trolls (about 18%).

would be interesting to see the distribution of classes for that too.

For Mages in PvP UD is the best race to pick and they cant be orcs.

@Partial: For ZT… 400 mages (about 15,5%) in my .lua file of which 73% are undead and 27% trolls.

EDIT: Sample size is now 2 582 total.