Skyflying keeps leveling out

Skyflying keeps levelling out, and I’d like to know if this is a bug that the developers are tracking, or if they consider this a feature.

If they consider it a feature, could they possible add an option to disable it?

The issue: Occasionally (not always, and I’ve not been able to figure out what triggers it) while Skyflying, the game will automatically level out your mount if you’re trying to fly at a slight angle. This means the game causes you to lose speed, which is not helpful and is quite frustrating.
It also means that while controlling the mount (holding the right mouse button to angle yourself) the game is fighting against you for control of your pitch until you reach a magical angle where control of the mount’s pitch snaps back to player control.
If the player then pitches up or down into the magical angle it will mean that the game once again attempts to control your pitch.

The above feels awful compared to how things used to be.

I’ve only managed to find a single other reference to this issue in the US forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflying-keeps-levelling-out-and-losing-speed/1925720/1

Edit: Moments after posting, I managed to find this post here too: Skyriding / Flying issue, but the blues do not confirm the issue. Ugh.

2 Likes

I and others have noticed this as well.

In the druid sub section of the forums here we have a couple of threads open with this sort of behavior.

I noticed the flight correction and auto-leveling as well and wrote on the forum about it. No word from blizzard about this yet and no word afaik in the patch notes that states this is going to happen.

I am constantly fighting the bird to make it do what i want it to do and not level out. The bird wants to, just like a good and well designed airplane, fly level.

This is either designed behavior or a bug introduced. If its a bug i suggest it might have to do with water collision as my bird goes through some sort of hickup when i force pitch down and it passes a certain threshold.

I posted a clip on youtube showing this in the druid sub section. There are some really strange and never seen nor felt things going on in druid flight forms. Both of them. The old and the new.

We essentially have three flight forms now. Old flight form without vigot charges. Old flight form with vigor charges. New dragonflight form with vigor charges.

Coding for all thsi must be a nightmare. I am sure they will sort it. They always do. But they have to know about though so i made sure to post. No idea if they will read it but at least i shoed a clip of strange things in flight form.

1 Like