SL PvP vendors are not good enough

Baseless claim. Plus it’s irrelevant. If a guy has chosen to queue for PvP and rank up in the ladder, then he ain’t no PvEer anymore.

You misinterpreted. I wasn’t complaining about higher geared players beating me in PvP or whatever, I am complaining that, for my own sanity’s sake, Blizzard should not force me to grind mythic plus and raids to be able to gear up for PvP. It is really sadistic putting things like Gettiku or something similar behind a dungeon almost no one likes and that sword is beyond broken in PvP.

I am complaining about not wanting to grind PvE for PvP gear.

But the more you aim to min/max, the more “forced” will you always feel.

That’s inevitable.

When you hit max level in Shadowlands and you’re standing there in your questing greens, what’s going to be the best way to gear up for the first Season of PvP?

The answer is to do everything in the game as much as possible to get every bit of gear that you can from anywhere it’s avaliable.

It wouldn’t matter if PvP gear had resilience or PvP power, you would still want to run dungeons and raids to get a bunch of gear.

Because you’re not going to get BiS PvP gear on the first day.

So the guy who’s committed to just playing the game like crazy and raid and craft and do dungeons and arenas and battlegrounds, he’s always going to gear up faster than the guy who only wants to queue for arenas.

I think it really comes down to “casual / queueable” pvp is in no way comparable to “casual / queueable” pve.

2 Likes

Ideally through bgs like it has been from TBC to WOD.

I wouldn’t ever touch PvE again the moment resilience would be announced.

5 Likes

But let’s take some examples then.

On the first day of PvP in MoP, what did all the PvPers do?

They raided!

They weren’t going to have enough Conquest points to get their fancy 2-handed weapon on day 1, so they went and killed Elegon hoping that the stupid dragon would drop its 2-handed weapon.

What did the PvEers do on the first day of raiding in MoP?

They queued for Arenas and capped their Conquest points so they could get an epic item to replace one of their dungeon blues.

Never in the history of WoW has anyone been able to min/max to perfection by just doing one aspect of the game and nothing else.

They also need to be useful to the average PvP player. If they only offer trash tier gear or 2200 rating+ gear then they are quite useless and offer no solution to the problems with PvP gearing that exist today.

6 Likes

On day one, when options were limited, no. But a few weeks in when people had had the chance to start walking down their respective progression paths, PvPers were in PvP gear, and PvErs were in PvE gear. There might have been some weird exceptions (Overtuned ToT rep trinkets) but for the most part.

8 Likes

Not all. Some waited a week or two, effevtively bypassing the need to do PvE and grinding honor while also having fun in the game they are paying for. I’m not talking about being in BiS gear from day 1. I’m talking about not being forced to repeatedly do content you are not comfortable with/you find tedious.

Honestly, Jito, at this point im thinking you’re just Ion on an alt EU account defending his degenerate gearing system he is showing down everyone’s throat.

1 Like

What’s even worse.
Blizzard introduced the templates in Legion which were the best thing they did for pvp in years.
The problem?
They went with the “all or nothing approach” like they do so often.
The hardcore pvpers who wanted progression didn’t have anything substantial, so blizzard decided to just completely scrap templates.
Whilst they could have kept it for random battlegrounds and make something like elite battlegrounds that have gear progression. With a special stat or buff or anything that gives you an edge over pve gear whilst doing those elite battlegrounds.

I’d never do those battlegrounds, but I would play a lot of the standard random battlegrounds with a template.
Where you don’t have to worry about getting better gear, instead you can just have fun.

1 Like

Months, but potatoes potatoes.

It’s difficult to square though.

The expectation from PvPers seems to be that the PvP vendor will give them access to BiS gear, and that the vendor should be their only source of gear, and that they’re all entitled to that gear.

Even if you agree with all that – and you choose to slap some Resilience and PvP Power on for good measure – it still takes time to acquire that gear. You’re not going to get it all on day 1.

So if you just cap your weekly Conquest points and buy your weekly BiS PvP item, then you’re still going to get beaten by the PvEer who does the same AND does raiding and dungeons on the side.

I sure didn’t.

6 Likes

Jito is Ion Hazzicostas on an EU account.

5 Likes

Then you didn’t min/max, which was sort of the focus of what I was saying:

But I’ll be more precise in my wording for the future.

I genuinely don’t think that’s a problem for them, as long as they can see a path forward that only contains the content they actual pay for the game to do.

3 Likes

And there it is. Only 11 posts needed this time. Not a record, but still…

Pathetic.

Templates could have worked, but damage compared to HP was so out of balance that the effects of templates were nullified by that.

The proposed design by Blizzard includes the ability to upgrade the gear you buy from the vendor. So assuming that people will be able to upgrade their gear all the way to the maximum item level, it’s all fine?

They also needed some degree of customisation. Just a quick interface that let me move 15% of my stats around would have made the system infinitely more enjoyable.

1 Like

If that doesn’t require being high rated in rated content. Yes.

1 Like