SL should Bring PvP stats back

Well Blizz has anounced that PvP gear will return in Shadowlands. But question is - with current gear situation would it matter at all?
Without direct distinguishing of PvE and PvP gear, we will have just gear. And it won’t be a revelation, but acquiring gear from PvE is much simpler.

If in PvE i will be able to aquire better gear, of just do it faster, why i should be interested in capping my conquest for the gear? PvE gear usualy has more interesting stats, better trinkets, weapons with special effects, while PvP gear is just a gear…with lower stats.
PvP power/resilience should come back, because it was a good distinction between two vastly different types of content. You wanna be better in PvP - Instance based PvP/World PvP then PvP gear is for you. You wanna be better in dungeons or raids - then you know where to acquire better gear. In TBc/WotLK/Cata/MoP there was no problems with gear. In MoP for example crafters could make entry level PvP gear - sure stats was not the best, but you could cap PvP power/resilience and work your way to get better gear, and usualy became better PvP player. This crafted gear also was good for game economy, crafters always had some source of income.

With current PvE situation in is a matter of days, before person will be able to farm 15+ keys (if class is needed and doesn’t have bad rep like demo, affli or shadow…but this is another sotry). In PvE you fight pre programmed mobs with linear fight pattern.
In PvP things are much more diffirent, you can’t just walk into arena and do your braindead stuff in order to gain the loot in the end…well we have some braindead specs or that simply overpowered like Destro, DH, rogues, mages and etc. But rest of the bunch - non OP specs are not able to beat the crap of the enemy with two or three buttons, and generaly on higher rank you usualy faces opponents that know how to counter one op class or another. And mobs in PvE are nott going to do the same, they won’t interrupt destro when destro pop up infernal and start spam CB, or disarm DH when he use Meta.

And one word about legion pvp templates - they was trash, for some they could be ok, but there was a serious problem, when you tried to test some build that required some special stat, but game in BGs or arenas could gave you something diffirent. It was extremely bad experience. Sure it was easier to developers to “balance” things, but truth is - there was zero balance in that, and it also killed one of the main thing of any MMO and especialy RPG - your agency, your builds your creativity with combat efficency of your character.

P.S. Have a nice day.

18 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

There are some changes to gear acquisition in Mythic+ dungeons in Shadowlands, roughly making it drop 5x less loot.
Likewise there’s some changes to the weekly chest with regards to the activities that contribute to it, and what you get from it.
World Quests are seeing some changes as well, with regards to Emissaries and such.

Summa summarum, it’s probably too early to make a comparison between PvE and PvP acquisition yet, or evaluate any of them for that matter.

Regardless, I think the reason why you should be interesting in capping your Conquest for the gear in PvP, is because you enjoy doing PvP.

I mean, ideally players should be able to do the things they enjoy and have a decent path of character progression from that - with a little incentive to check out some of the other aspects of the game.

I don’t think it’s a zero sum scenario where your thing has to be the best, otherwise it’s not worth doing. Rather, your thing should be satisfying in and of itself, so it is worth doing, regardless of how everything else is structured.

I mean, if you enjoy PvP, you should do PvP, and Blizzard should facilitate the design so that you can.

If you honestly expect PvP to be equal or better than PvE in terms of acquisition rate then you’re out of your mind. That will never happen in a “gear is gear” scenario. PvErs would go mad, and Blizzard would oblige just like they did in TBC, BfA, and Legion.

And the reason you’d do PvE is because you’d enjoy doing PvE? Not because the game design is forcing you to do it? Or?

best*

At an entry level, maybe.

Sort of like how PvE only has to ever do entry level PvP (if there’s ever anything forcing PvErs to engage in PvP).

But naturally that’s never the case when you switch the roles. Ever since Legion PvPers are treated like the red headed stepchild by Blizzard (not that their treatment of PvPers was ever great, but it wasn’t this terrible at least).

Enjoyment of PvP will vanish when PvE players with PvE gear will start dominate PvP environment.

PvE gear should be bad for PvP content. We had history of good Xpacs when people who did PvE in PvE gear was happy, and PvPers who did PvP in PvP gear was appy as well.

7 Likes

ye but they dont? You cant enjoy pvp without doing pve? thats the whole problem

5 Likes

Well you’ll have to do a little bit of Torghast to acquire your legendary item.
And then you’ll have to engage in the Covenant systems to unlock your Soulbinds and Covenant abilities, but to what degree and how, that remains somewhat unclear I think.
And then you have to level up.
Neither of that seems unreasonable to me.

Not sure what else there is so far. From the way I’ve understood it, then you can get gear from PvP, and you can upgrade it to be comparable to what’s avaliable in PvE.

It seems fine to me, so far.

Dâedra - You are absolutely right !!!
however, add:
1.Huge Lag + Latency
2.Imbalance in the classes ( 100k+ damage for Eviscarate , twice less damage for Envenom :slight_smile: LOL)
3.Spells and ability imbalance (Greater Pyroblast 300k+ Chaos Bolt 120k+ ; Rdd fear/stuns no restriction ; DHunter always miss absorb and e.t.c.)
4.The Secondary stats broken (for example with 40%-45% Critical chance – the result is twice less successful critical hits for every spell or ability and -7 or
-20% damage from critical stats :slight_smile: ) and e.t.c.
5. Pve elements in Pvp contents
and many many others weaknesses LOL

I have no idea what the comment above tried to say

2 Likes

Karanze what you do not understand ?

will you understand this ?? : h t t p s://imgur.com/ojMe0u1

Horrible screenshot, and doesn’t actually show an issue.

yes - 312k fire are not a problem at all :
20% critical chanse : for 9 hits and 0 critical hits are also not a problem :slight_smile: - for 9 hits i need to create 1.8 times critical hits - no zero LOLLLL this is for all spells , ability : [Garrote][Rupture][Mutilate] and e.t.c. :slight_smile:
Every Rogue ability lost 10%-20% damage from broken modifier like Critical Chanse LOLLLLLLL

This is a stupid statement if I ever see one. Just 9 hits aren’t enough to demonstrate a statistic. It’s too empty a sample. Now, do it 1000 times on a dummy and you will see that around 200 are crits. Same for all your spells.

Sometimes I crit 9 times in a row with 15% crit, just because again, its a statistic, and a short amount of tries doesn’t follow the pattern a big sample does.

LOL
you can’t lie about math

Yeah well you obviously don’t know math if you think statistics are always represented.

Just read book, or, better, use your brain.

Say you have 20% crit. And you will use only ONE attack. Will it be a crit ? According to you its not possible because that would mean you have 100% crit when your stat is 20%. So, it will be a normal hit ? But then again according to you it’s not possible as it would be 0% crit and you have 20%. In reality it can be both. It’s just a “chance”. In most cases it will ne a hit, in a few occurrences it will be a crit.

It’s the same when you flip a coin. If you flip it 1000 times you will have around 500 heads and 500 tails, but if you flip it much less… maybe not. For example when you start flipping you will not always do one head one tail one head one tail… you may do like head tail head head head tail tail head tail tail tail tail head… if you stop at the 5th try with this example you will have 80% head 20% tails, when it should have been 50% for each, and that’s because you didn’t do enough flips.

See, your reasoning, and your understanding of statistics, is totally flawed.

Statistics are only met if you have samples big enough. Nine hits isn’t enough as the variance is too big for such a little amount of tries.

3 Likes

for this i say : broken modifier .

• if it is a normal modifier -------> : 9 hits - 1.8 times critical hits :slight_smile: lolsss

Well again it doesn’t work like that. Nine hits is NOT enough to validate the statistics.

Sometimes I do arena games I use flame 3 times and get 3 crits, but I have only like 17% crit score. According to you this would be impossible. It’s not, the chance is just low. I suggest you read what I wrote above again, or open up a math book before talking about stuff you do not understand.

:slight_smile: your logic is strange
by your logic i have to create 1000 hits . Question is : how much time you create for example 50 envemoms in BGs , Arenas and e.t.c ? :slight_smile:
Mannn pls , normal is 9 hits - 1.8 critical hits

damn.

I thought i was bad at math

4 Likes

That’s not how math works.

You should look up the law of large numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers.

1 Like

No, it’s how statistics work, and uf you had done in depths math studies you would know it, and even without going to such lengths if you had read lectures you would partially know. You did neither as you seem very ignorant on the matter, yet you somehow think that despite having no education on the matter you know how it works. That’s not intelligence right here. Quite the opposite, even !

It’s just an example, point being, to verify a % of occurrences you need many tries, otherwise the variance screws the results.

Be a nice kid and check out “variance” on a trustworthy website, or even more stuff.