So, about Blizzard eSport Prize Pool and some Blizzcon stuffs

That is maybe not exactly true, because if they didn’t say anything, those toys will not be sold that well.

I have no idea if it promoted their sales or not. I’d like to think some bought them to contribute.

Many buy things to add to their collections.

Despite all the people who are upset every time a new store mount comes out, they sell incredibly well.

2 Likes

It is true that we cannot compare results with and without promotion. But it would be naive to think that it had no effect on the sales.

1 Like

Thank God not everyone is like Heelsvsbabyface, aka, negative all the time :smiley: That guy just has a negative channel, 99.99% of the stuff he has to say is negative.

Not saying he’s always wrong, but man man…

Imagine the player outrage if a shop toy had a 100% uptime after all the toy nerfs done in 8.0

Maybe, but this is a store toy, so I did expect at least a more generous up time on the effect or shorter cool down cool time.

I won’t be buying another store toy if it does this 20 minute up time and 60 minute cool down thing.

I actually think this line is important.

Whether they contributed the 500k or not the statement would still have been true so it’s impossible to say they “did exactly what they said they were going to do” like Puny does.

1 Like

Actually no. “Guaranteed” implies that it is the starting point from which the “crowdfunding” will take effect.

No it does not.

Well thought out argument Jito, as ever…

I suppose I have no choice but to concede?

Yes, that’s the whole point, which leads to whether or not people consider that the information that if the crowdfunding effort exceeds the minimum guarantee, than it becomes the only source to finance the prize pool being withheld is deceitful or not. To each their own judgement for this part. To me, it’s clear that they lied and deceived.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m also leaning to that side currently. It’s like I said in a previous post:

Blizzard 100% knew that people didn’t fully understand their wording and they did nothing about it. A blue post or tweet would have been enough to clarify the situation, but of course than they would have gotten less money.
Right now I am waiting to see if people are able to get a refund on their toys, if so I will also refund mine.

3 Likes

Oh, Goddess, no matter how heated the conversation is, you always find a way to spill make me nouse-spit my milk. :rofl:

1 Like

Jito is correct.

25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.)

It says they will guarantee a minimum pool. You are reading it wrong.

Regardless of how well or how badly the sales of the toy go, Blizzard guarantee there will be a minimum of 500k prize fund. They are the guarantor for the amount. They are liable to pay any difference should the funds fall short.

That is what a guaranteed minimum is.

They did not state they would be supplying a minimum prize fund of 500k to be topped up by the sales of the toy. That is something some have misread or just simply presumed.

They are not enhancing the prize fund with the proceeds of the toy sale.

2 Likes

No, I’m not reading it wrong.

Did I or did I not agree with you previously? I know precisely where you’re coming from but I still think the post is ambiguous.

Contribute” does not equal “be entirely made up of”.

If the sales did not make enough money to meet the minimum prize fund, it would be a contribution. The sales went above and beyond and the prize fund is bigger than the minimum Blizzard agreed to meet. The entire fund is made up from sales contributions.

I foresee if they do this in the future we’ll have a document the size of the ToS to explain what they are doing because people have misunderstood :laughing:

I god damned hope so :rofl:

Please Blizzard, less ambiguity and more telling us how cheap and greedy you are upfront :smiley:

1 Like

I think between marketing and legal they may phrase it slightly differently :rofl:.

1 Like

I should probably stop laughing at my screen while I’m at work but this cracked me up. :laughing:

1 Like

Our raidleader on Jaina used the sound ingame to determine the ships, the transmorpher was banned for uae during Jaina for us… god did we have fun with all those boss yells when he was trying to listen to ship calls :joy:

1 Like