So as a pvper i am FORCED to do pve? and i cant?

Is it horrible that when I see one of these threads named so dramatically I instantly think of the poor guy. Lets call him Larry,

One day Larry gets a phonecall “Hey, Larry, we’ve got a job for you, you still got that hot Beretta from the Cincinnati job?” “Lets say I do…” “Swell, there’s a guy over in Utrecht” “The hell is that?” “Europe, anyway, he’s a pvp’er, and he’s not doing PvE” Larry winces and rubs an old forgotten scar on his temple “He needs…?”

“Yeah. He needs Coercion. You need to go over there, find him, put the gun to his temple and make him do PvE, Force him to do it”

“Surely they know they aren’t forced into doi–”

“Larry, you in or out, go out there and force that guy to do pve, if he isn’t clearing Mythics by Wednesday, whack him. But make it look like an accident. Like, I dunno, he fell onto a real fast moving bullet…”

“Alright, I’m in, I’m in, that all?”

“Nah, second thing, We’ve got these PvE rewards…we wanted to gate them behind PvP because of y’know, reasons. We’ll send you a list of addresses, we need you to go there and make sure every damned one of those PvE fans plays PvP to get their PvE reward, Capisce?”

“I get it, I get it, I understand, what about the RP’er cartel, anything planned there?”

“Oh yeah! Just you wait till you see what we do with Bolvar and Sylvanas….again… but we’ve got that job covered, just go and -Force- people to do content they don’t actually have to do”

3 Likes

Personally, I’m not a fan of the game being so split. I think WoW is an entire package - pvp and pve together. Or at least that’s how it should be. Imo, warmode shouldn’t even be an option - it should always be on, and pvp and pve should always go hand in hand. Why didn’t we have pvp warfronts? Those would’ve been awesome. I want pvp and pve to be intertwined. If there’s an option to do only one or the other, that’s fine, but I don’t think it should ever be as good as doing both. Right now, WoW has the issue that someone can completely ignore pvp and do well, which I don’t really like. Imo, BGs and arena should at least be the best source of gold in the game.

PVP vendors should come back, but they should also sell PVE gear, for those who want to continue their pve progression even after they’re “done” with their weekly stuff.

1 Like

Yes, that part totally sucks. No idea why they think that pushing people into content they dislike somehow provides more fun…

1 Like

Try to join a community whom does keys without a regard to ilvl or RIO or whatever measuring sticks are being used. It might not be the most optimal choice for a PvPer to make, but it saves you the headache of trying to meet PuG standards and get declined because the community deem your spec undesireable.

1 Like

do you know such community or have any way it can be found :slight_smile:

If I recall it right Horde has Zen Horde (not sure if that is going on) and Calm Keystones. Alliance has Calm Keystones as well.

You can also try joining FailTrain, though they are a discord-based community. Both factions have their representation there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7iaggl/fail_train_friendly_wow_discord_for_shy_and_new/

‘‘Wow is not a pvp focused game’’ Let me guess, you started playing in legion or something?
It’s called World of WARcraft, and always had a huge focus on PvP… Only in recent expansions did this change, and it ruined the game for the entire PvP community, which is now dead and has been for a few years.

1 Like

i agree! i started back in 5.4 in mop though :=)

The PvP vendors wont fix anything as class balance is also fcked, there’s no point in everyone having the same item level if the class design sucks asss and it has been since WoD.

Item level has almost nothing to do with how good a character is now anyway. I have 3 rogues, all now around the same ilvl (470-475) and they’re all still far apart in terms of power.

I also have a fury warr with almost 470 with such bad stats/corruption it may as well be 460

Itemlevel has rarely ever anything to do with how good a Character is. Ever since WoD, Legion at the latest, as long as you didn’t just sit there drooling on your Keyboard your gear did the work for you. All the RNG proccs, effects, buffs… if you really break down the dmg done by many dps classes, 40-50% of their dmg comes from effects that just randomly procc. Some trinkets alone deal up to 10% overall dmg. Add essences and azerite into the mix and you don’t even need Corruptions to create a complete disconnect between players and the dmg they do.

I’m baffeled how so many are still defining their characters through ilvl. it’s an utterly pointless number that says absolutely nothing about player skill. I’d take a well played 450 dps over a derpy 470 any day of the week.

No it didn’t. PvP was always an afterthought. It took months for BG’s to even be implemented into the game. Years until Arenas made it in and at the point it was still very much a Rock-Paper-Scissors type situation where certain classes simply anihilated others. The primary focus has always been PvE.
I’m not saying that PvP wasn’t better than it is now in the past, but Blizz has always designed the PvE side first and only then figured out how to work out PvP

2 Likes

Yeah you’re absolutly wrong, just because something wasn’t implemented at launch doesnt mean it wasn’t a focus for them. You can watch the early interviews, they just didnt know how the systems were gonna work yet. Calling PvP an afterthought is an absolute disgrace.

Anyways you guys are whats wrong with the game and community anyways, PvE ‘‘noobs’’ who just wants to fight dumb AI all day, with no challenge or possibility of loosing. Have fun fighting AI for 2 years in Torghast again, how fun was the island expeditions exacly? :rofl: :rofl:

The largest community of WoW since vanilla was the PvP community, it’s now been dead since MoP because blizzard rather focus on the people who are gullible enough to pay for mount stores. In other words they wanna focus on PvE and RP simps, thats why there’s actual transmog competitions in the game now.

I suppose that’s why it’s always been so well balanced, because it’s not just an afterthought.

got even a shred of proof for this? Anything even approaching a statistic that might suggest that this correct or are you just spouting what you told yourself is true?

Each player has the right to chose what they enjoy.
Are we wrong just because we don’t play the game the way you like ?

I don’t criticize PVP players for only enjoying PVP.
That’s called respecting other people’s opinion.

Raids are the main focus of this game, that’s why they put so much resources on it.

I found PVP much more enjoyable in LOL than WoW.
At least there people start at level 1, in a fair environment.
Gave up because I got fed up with players attitude.
I play to play with others, not to tell others how bad they are.

Different mind sets.

Cheers.

Sure thing: WoW had most subs from BC till MoP, the best PvP expansions, since then the sub numbers have gone straight downhill, so much so they wont even announce sub numbers anymore.

PvP is a hard thing to balance, just look at league for example, a 100% PvP game, that has never been truly balanced, because such a thing is hard to achieve and is boring. PvP can’t be a fixed meta, it’s ever changing.

I dont mind PvE players, but I hate the people who say PvP doesn’t matter for the game and it’s just an ‘‘after thought’’ it’s disgraceful to make such a statement about the community which used to be one of the strongest in gaming.

• PvE was never balanced either btw, always one class doing more DPS, one class better at healing, one class better at tanking. And next patch it will be some other classes, same thing.
1 Like

Even in Shadowlands PvE trinkets will always haunt you, ion said so in an interview.

If you are not a mythic raider you won’t go beyond 2k rating even if you are pro in Shadowlands. So, make your choice, you either turn into a loser by not participating in PvE as a PvP player or quit the game and third option play the game casually, collect toys and pets whole year like many others.

He meant that all PvP gears with the different stats were available at the PvP Vendors during MoP. You didn’t have to hope for a piece of gear to drop, hope it was the piece of gear you wanted, hope it had the stats you wanted on it and also, hope it had a socket on it.

Essentially, you could work towards getting a specific item without the multiple layers of RNG.

so no then. This is a completely unrelated statement. As it happens, WoD was not just a turn to worse for PvP but for PvE as well. The game as a whole got worse, starving many players of content. Both communities toolk a severe hit at that time.

True, but for the better part of a decade frost mages ate arms and fury warriors for breakfast. Rogues were negated by Tanks simply because they were tanks. SL-SL Locks terrorized Arenas for an entire expansion. This isn’t one class being strongest in this patch, another in the next. For years PvP was in many cases purely Paper-Rock-Scissors.

as an aside, i never said PvP doesn’t matter. If people wanna PvP, they should obviously do it. But claiming it is the biggest community or that it was blizzards priority is nonsense, especially considering that you have absolutely no proof.

Uhm, no youre wrong there? That might be the case for vanilla.

in BC all classes and specs (except for tanks ofc) were able to reach gladiator, you can see that on BC private servers. I dont think you have much PvP experience sadly. A warrior in vanilla can easily beat a frost mage, if he has gear and pops a fap.

Yes WoD was bad for everyone true. But legion? Nah pretty good PvE and same thing with bfa. 100% PvE focus, yet everyone hates Island expitions, warfronts, etc. People even start to dislike the mythic+ spam.

PvP is rock paper scissors if you didnt know how to play your class.
And again PvE is rock-paper-scissors aswell. You need the correct setup to beat raids. It’s the same concept.

There used to be a whole community of people on servers, outside Stormwind/Ogrimmar, dueling all day. grouping up for arenas/rbgs, starting guilds together making friends. Guess what? That community is 100% dead. If you look at twitch, theres like, 5 PvP streamers left, Venruki, pikaboo etc. There used to be so many big iconic WoW pvp players. But guess what? They’re all gone from the game and the community.

Nothing beats playing a bad class/spec, and still being skilled enough to beat that OP frost mage/SL lock. Now it’s not about skill anymore, just look at the DH class for example, a class so dumbed down ANYONE can play it to 1800 rating by litteraly using a PvE rotation in arena. PvP is NOW an afterthought in wow since Mop/Wod, and the game is consistenly getting worse and worse. And getting less and less popular on twitch etc, which is a bad thing because no new players will join the game, due to so low exposure. Blizzard is hoping to only attract e-girls and weirdos who wants to farm transmogs and buy store mounts. Instead of people who want to play the game and improve their skill.

I get the feeling you’re working your logic backwards. For starters, being an afterthought isn’t a bad thing if it results in a working system and for all it’s flaws and problems, the “oldschool” PvP worked.
The game was slower and by extention a lot more methodical back then, allowing players who really grasped their class and it’s tools to overcome imbalances. But if equally geared and skilled people got into a duel, met in the arena/BG the outcome was clear in 90% of cases due to their class and specc.

I’m not talking about an arm warrior in Naxx off-gear and Might of Menethil 1shotting a mage off his mount but a genuine match.