So as a pvper i am FORCED to do pve? and i cant?

I think PVP may be more enjoyable at the beginning of a expansion, when people are still trying to clear their first raid tier rather than the last months when raid gear has already surpassed PVP quality gear.

I remember once in vanilla seeing a rank 14 player decked in Tier 2 raid gear.
The only rank 14 piece he had was the shield.
Because his title had already decayed, that was the only thing that told me he was a former High Warlord.

SL launch may be the best time to come back for PVP.
Right now, it’s either raiding or die, assuming you want the BIS.
Because all BIS come from there.

You can do Mithic + but that’s just part of the content, the other is raiding.
After reading comments I conclude the player that plays all aspects of the game will always come on top of the ones that play part of it.

Activision Blizzard focus will always be in raiding and guilds (organized premade) also playing every bit of content there is in game also, like Mithic +, PVP etc.
Otherwise they wouldn’t go to such extents to make you go through all of it and invest so much time on raiding design.

If people would only play one part of the game, there’s a high risk of complaining for the lack of content.
Also it’s easier for them as well, in terms of development.

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

1 Like

When I dinged my 120 alt near the end of Season 3, I was getting 2-3 Conquest rewards a week (not including the weekly RNG item) and that was without doing any EBGs / BGs. Both my chars are a little over 460 now from Conquest, Heroic WF and Visions - all of which are either soloable or have easy pug entry.

2 Likes

Forced to do anything except sitting in Orgrimmar waiting for queues?

2 Likes

Because this game is MMORPG and is not only a game of pillar vs pillar simulator.

Yes, but in the WORLD of warcraft we get nothing better than 445 items.

It’s ALMOST as if we PvE players were forced into casual AND rated pvp for our best essences. Almost.

I would question why you continue to play a story-based MMO that PvP was added to later in the game’s history than PvE was…? As much as you may like the aspect of WoW you do play, you’ve intentionally ‘niched’ yourself into a corner that you admit to refusing to want to come out of.

You’re lost in WoW, it’s unlikely to change to suit your niche in any meaningful way… the ball is firmly in your court as to what your options are - for now.

2 Likes

What is bad game design is that he is forced to do pve to be relevant in pvp.

Pvp-community wants to do pvp to gear up. Imagine the cries if one had to do rated pvp to be relevant in m+ and raiding.

We have already heard some of it when people had to get a couple of arena-wins to get conflict and strife essence. ONE element where people “Have” to do pve vs the rest of the game is having to pve.

There’s also BotE

Still, you didn’t answer my question. Wanna do some Arena with me? I got 0 CR. And if not, why are you more entitled to get into my M+ group than me getting into your Arena team?

Prot pala here and while it is significantly easier to get invited as a tank (probably prot warrs get more love) I get insta declined for ToS 15/16 when I skip the first intermission on the last boss with 3 clicks. Literally.

Feels good that we dont have pillar vs pillar simulator in classic, otherwise it will turn into a QQ fest.

Just going to leave it here that if you’re hardstuck at 1500 rating in Arenas it is not because of being forced into PvE to progress.

If I, someone that wouldn’t even care if all PvP content was scrapped, can step into the arena on a freshly dinged alt with 430 item level can pug and get 1600 within an hour then so can literally anyone

1 Like

Maybe ever after Legion came out not so much, but PvP has always been a big part of WoW tho.

I can see you started WoW after PvP died, so you wouldn’t know.

1 Like

Just sit bgs, not hard :smiley:

Funny… heard different tale from veterans since vanilia or read on the forum :thinking:
Mostly abbout how the so-called-Golden Age of WoW PvP is and always was, a myth… :eyes:
Anyway… I was forced to pvp to have a Blood of the Enemy, quite a lot to have it R3 (well R4 on my main) and I hate PvP
Guess things evens out :roll_eyes:

While i openly admit i am more that bad in pvp, it took 4 hours to get myself together with my bear-friend to get to 1400, in 470+ gear. And it doesnt seem like a playground for chars with just way lower healthpool/ilvl. 1600 in an hour is exageration, and i am not even sure it is possible at all. Allthough yes we had never done pvp, so completely bad. And tank + heal, so probably not the best situation.

You didn’t even play the game when PvP was good. TBC - MoP

Well i suck at pvp and realy want conflict and strife its bis for me atm but can t get it …

can’t? what’s stopping you?

I am also curious what can possibly stop DH to get an arena essence