So gear does 40% of my dmg

Never, but that’s also not the question we should be asking or the point the thread is even trying to make.

Considering there are classes that need only press random button on keyboard for top-notch damage, then I question if the problem is somewhere deeper in blizzards excel sheet than just corruptions.

Rotational complexity is a different issue, though I agree that they do sort of merge together when you’re looking at their impact on gameplay as a whole.

I don’t want classes to be bloated, convoluted or needlessly complex, in my opinion demon hunter’s design rotationally is actually pretty fine (Probably the best example of the often touted ‘Two button spec’ argument).

This isn’t about how hard something is or isn’t to do right, it’s about doing something right or not having no impact at all.

While rotation and player performance obviously still matters, the amount of our damage that doesn’t care about that is getting larger and larger.

I think corruption etc damage output is symptom, rather than root-cause. I know balancing game is very complex task, but during BfA, I’ve felth that “something is not quite right.” - to quote someone we all know well. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not really sure how they connect in reality, outside of both making classes feel like a player’s decisions within their rotation matter less. Rotation complexity (However you care to define it) and proc damage bloat are two different things.

Corruptions can do as much or as little damage as you like, that doesn’t change the fact they’re a system blizzard added to the game which has little to no gameplay impact.

But same is with essences and azerites, yet we know that some specs can as well delete themselves if they do not have 3*proper traits.

Sure, but this isn’t about numbers. It’s about gameplay.

How many specs have azerite traits that genuinely impact what buttons they’re pressing and when, and how many of those traits are good enough to be used currently?

How many essence minors impact gameplay, and how many are just passive stat buffs or random damage procs?

You are probably bad. If you look at top raiders, top pvpers, top M+ pushers you will see same people always. Its because they are good and know how to play not because they are lucky.

what you like about it?
That as a tank you run now 40-50k dps?
If i want to dps, well I would chose a dd spec. Now healer and tanks are 90% dds, I don’t really like that design, but maybe others do

Yes pretty much this actually, I think the best heroic fight I had as blood was around 52k

1 Like

why dont you play dd then? :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoy tanking more. I’m not even padding. I’m tanking and doing mechanics (most of my logs are public) but I try to maximise output. Tanks have one more thing that matters now, which is DPS output, making the role more engaging.

What’s wrong with being happy about being able to have a larger dps output while tanking?

1 Like

I think this is maybe a bit of a detour from things, tanks doing damage is fine. Corruption is done in such a way that extreme outliers like this show up early on but as everyone gets corruptions it starts to go away.

However. I don’t think you should be able to do this much extra damage simply by existing.

The larger corruption effects are extra mechanics. Consider it a Buff that you gain from having additional affixes to your fight. It’s not simply existing.

I don’t think that’s a healthy or well designed way to provide player power or systematic character progression. It’s a quick fix to a problem blizzard know they cannot hope to solve within an expansion, and I’d rather critique it than praise them for it.

no it won’t because as op mentioned, corruption is doing more dmg than the player, class or role.
A tank benefits the most from twilight devastation and echoing void. As soon as tanks can wear 2 of those, they probably will beat dds in overall dmg.
I don’t really care about that but it shows the effect of passiv dmg effects
i don’t think tanks doing 90% dmg of dds, because after a while we will play 5 tanks for dungeons.

the difference between vengeance at an earlier expac and now is, that the tank don’t need to take dmg to do retarded dmg.
Wonder already if you can just stomp m+15 running 5 (4) tanks and a holy pala

2 Likes

I was talking about disparity between those who have corruption and those who don’t. Not specifically the fact tanks are doing so much damage.

I have… And in fact come tomorrow i think I’ll run my first lfr starkers just for the lols. Granted I’ll get kicked out quicker than an intellectual at a GOP meeting but it will be worth it.

But I’m confused. if class does 5%, and gear does 40%… making 45%… who or what does the other 55%? Unless we’re breaking down gear into sections.

A better way to phrase it would be “My gear is doing 40% of my damage for me”

1 Like

I’m old and befuddled, I drop my rich teas often and I’m not allowed out without supervidion so i need things explained better…