So gear does 40% of my dmg

another 10-20% autoattacks, then some random dots and procs do another 20% and then we have your main attack which accounts maybe for the rest lolz

lol Ok thanks for clearing it up I just read it wrong.

DK has in 2 specs alterations based on azerites. heck due to azerite my frost dk has to turn her facing accurately not to pull half dungeon.

I have run LFR with ‘rp gear’ :wink: 1st this was because I was ported in and landed in combat, and then it was hilariously funny in meters. It did come out better than I thought.

? I have T3 tentacle and T3 infinite stars and it doesnt stop me from hating this beyond awful system.

You’re few expansions too late. Of course theres a skill gap between an LFR player and a Mythic raider but the difference between skill floor and ceilin is almost non existent. Stop taking everything literally, please.

Well u could always play naked…

1 Like

Not any more.

There is all the difference in the world between your gear boosting YOUR damage, and your gear doing damage ON ITS OWN, independent of you, whenever it damwell feels like it.

Ellipsìs says it better than I can:

warcraftlogs/wowprogress thinks otherwise

it is simply existing and autohitting if even

Uhhh, that’s bad

Where does Wowprogress show this?

Hm. I just checked Warcraftlogs, and I’m getting empty tables for all diffs of Ny’alotha
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/#difficulty=4

Is it my browser or is there a problem?

All the stuff that happened pre today (EV nerf in US) has been sectioned off. You have to change the box that says post nerf to pre nerf.

New data will start coming in today.

2 Likes

Purpose of gear should be defenses.
Purpose of weapons should be power.
Purpose of rings, amulet and trinkets should be healing, damage or activated defensive mechanics.
Skill should come from player and his/hers spec.

2 Likes

Thank you. I had missed that.

The joke

Your head

I have 25 corruption and my corruption does %20 of my damage

1 Like

Its actualy funny to pull mob with Frost shock while mob gets instnly killed by random proc. Always give me this ,what just happen" moment.

I agree with OP.
The game has never been this loaded with “deal x damage” passive procs that you have absolutely no control over.
We have multiple azerite traits (like gutripper, heed my call, etc), mainstat + damage trinkets (Liviathan, shredder) + essenses (breath of dying, CoF if played) and now corruption on top of that.
I think that all this passive damage from many sources is just lazy design. It does not add any depth or satisfaction from the playing your class. It only adds numbers to your DPS chart in recount/skada/logs, that’s it.
Also this “does X damage” stuff is extremely unintuitive, you have to sim all items with such effects as you can never tell which one is better for you.

For example, Unerring Vision of Lei Shen was a very powerful trincket, but you needed to utilize the 4 sec window of 100% crit chance effect. Doing massive damage because you managed to maximize your proc felt a lot more satisfyng than doing massive damage because you equipped a weapon with Infinite stars/breath of the dying essence/shredder trincket.

talents .

IN legion your weapon did all your dmg btw .

Rest yes random proc on gear SHOULD NEVER outdps whole class and rest of gear makes 0 sense.

Try now after nerfs.

I did, thats why I opened the thread.
Before the nerf it was probably 60% :joy:

I ignore legion because there the whole disaster of class design started

Did it? I remember it having talents that augmented my abilities, and maybe 1-2 small procs here are there. But the spells I was pressing were still doing the vast vast vast majority of my damage. It even gave me a new spell to do damage with.