So I did the Vulpera intro on PTR... Spoilers, obviously

It was kinda fun.

It started with the Vulpera asking to join the Horde. It’s Baine who meets them in Grommash Hold and rejects their request (without checking with other leaders, by the way), because the other allied races brought enough problems with them that the Horde has problems dealing with at the moment.

So the Vulpera decide to solve these problems, presenting their quick thinking and making the best of bad situations.

The Mag’har can’t get the peons that the Horde gave them in line, so the Vulpera (and you) do that by making the peons feel better about themselves and breaking their union, or revolt, whatever you want to call it. Like all peon quests, those are of course played for laughs.

The Zandalari want help against the Naga, so the Vulpera (and you) sabotage a Naga camp and assassinate their leader while distracting the rest.

The Nightborne have problems managing the helpers the Horde sent to increase their Arcwine production. So the Vulpera (and you) assess the skills of the Horde helpers, give them new jobs and make the production process smoother.

In the end you return to Baine who is kind of sorry about the way he acted, turning away survivors who wanted to band together with the Horde, because banding together in times of need is kind of the Horde thing. So he lets the Vulpera join (…again without visibly asking any of the other leaders, isn’t that “no Warchief” thing fun?).

Yeah, the quests are not very dark and gritty. Which shouldn’t be surprising, because they were meant to showcase the Vulpera. But they are kind of fun, and they do a good job of showing what the Vulpera would contribute to the Horde. I’d rank this as one of the best allied race intros, really.

So… welcome your new furry friends, Hordies. Well… and I’m sure you will learn to manage the Furries that might come with them. :wink:

3 Likes

sounds like baine is pulling a jaina it won’t be long before his running the horde like his own personal club house and the council is just for show :wink:

I’m a furry, i’l stick to me 8 worgins ^^

1 Like

So, it is basically a joke introduction? How fitting.

1 Like

That’s not what I saw, no. I saw the Vulpera dealing with problems they could handle as a people of scavengers.

1 Like

Cos’ being a bunch of nomad desert rats are great traits into stepping on grapes and making arc wine.

Nope, they are great at seeing that putting goblins on that task, while the Tauren is working on the recipe is not a good idea.

Lets be honest, whoever decided that setup was fine should be used as fertilizer. I am not seeing how using common sense is a Vulpera talent.

Well, it was an elf, aren’t they all like that? Not arguing against the fertilizer idea, just broadening the focus.

6 Likes

I don’t really think they have a real reason to join the horde, same as the nightborne. But to be playable they must join a faction I guess.

5 Likes

Yeah, I left that uncommented since I really don’t think the factions make any sense at all as they are, but true enough.

1 Like

Wolvar > Vulpera

Baine is responsible now for the race introduction? Is he the new face of the Horde?

Vile racism.

So the treasonous bovine has been made Peacechief and the very first thing he does is to turn his spineless back on loyal and willing allies. Hang him high.

I am curious though since I have yet to test it myself. What exactly was Nomi’s purpose in this quest?

4 Likes

Nomi is part of the arcwine-making team.

Seemed like it, yes.

1 Like

Thanks for screwing Baine even more, Blizzard morons. I’m out. I’ve fking had enough of this BS.

WHY CANT YOU JUST PORTRAY BAINE AS SOMEHTING MORE THAN A JOKE?!? WHY CANT YOU THROW TAUREN FANS A FKING BONE FOR ONCE AND MAKE US FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE RACE INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY EITHER VICTIMIZING THEM AND/OR MAKING THEIR LEADER SUCK?!?!?

God, I’d give ANYTHING to be able to feel good as a Tauren fan. Can we switch with the night elves please? I’ll take being a devastated race who can at least show teeth over being a useless, incompetent and victimized cheerleader race whose leader is now a joke everyone loves to hate and spit on.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s Baine that’s screwed here… At least not more than the rest of the Horde. To make it clearer… the other allied races are pestering him with their problems… and that’s when the Vulpera come in to join the club. He gives them the “Thanks, but no thanks, I’ve enough problems as it is”, but also tells them they are free to stay. Just not to be part of the Horde with all the protections that it entails. After the ARs finally shut up he is sorry for the way he let the stress get to him.

I don’t really think that this was a bad portrayal of Baine. It’s just more than strange that he could unilaterally make all these decisions in the supposedly council-led Horde.

Yes, they showed him as doing all the work. Where are the other leaders? Chilling and drinking?

It’s like Blizzard loves to portray the Horde and Baine as incompetent.

Thalyssra and Lor’themar were “busy” in Suramar, I heard.

But really, if they couldn’t portray the Alliance as, well, alliance and instead created a blue warchief, it should come to no surprise the new Horde council fares similarly.

2 Likes

Giid that Anduin don’t have to confront himself with such problems. Just avoid the Night Elves refugees and invite Trashgnomes ^^