So nice to see Void Elf and Night Elf mages

So nice to see more of these. I know they love to show them as rogues and hunters… as if to emphasize that there is more to elves than magic users. But in many respects they went overboard to the extent we hardly see any of them. Not amongst night elves, blood elves or void elves.

It was nice to see the alliance soldiers having both night and void elven casters.

The highborne are warcrafts most naturally magically gifted group. They exist amongst the all the elven groups.

And for those who are really fussy about names:

• Thalassian elves are highborne stock even if they are called high elves, and therefore are part of that lineage.
  • Night elves ofc have highborne, they are the bearers and originators of the caste. Some of the best original highborne groups are still night elven and allied with the Darnassians and in traditional fashion new highborne are appointed based on talent.
  • Nightborne also have highborne amongst them. Contrary to popular belief, not all nightborne are highborne, but some are.
  • Void elves: Using the void doesn’t suddenly make you a priest or a bad mage, most of the void elves were magical scholars from amongst the blood elves and high elves - and ofc like all Thalassians are also highborne stock.

It is fitting that when the alliance and horde use mages, their most powerful ones would be night elves, void elves, blood elves and nightborne.

1 Like

Yes, yes, that’s all nice, but try not to hit our troops or explode. I don’t trust elves, let alone elves who wield dangerous magic.

Please try it.

I think that they shouldn’t showed that much, because many here complaon already that there are no other races except elves as mages.

1 Like

There is a reason for them to become Void Elves. They didn’t become them so they could continue their Arcane studies, they wanted to learn more about the Void, so it’s only logical that they start using it. There is also no casual reason to become a Void Elf, since it’s highly dangerous, even after your transformation (with the whispers etc.), so it makes no sense for me that there are Void Elves who aren’t a Shadow Priest or even Rogues.

2 Likes

There are also shadowmages :wink:

They are not playable, but Umbric was classified as a Magister and enough others were also former mages

A shadow priest believes in the void in a theological sense, Voidelves do not think so.

They are Shadowcasters and User, not Shadow believers

2 Likes

What do you think is the difference between a Shadowmage and a Shadow Priest? just out of curiousity, because I’ve never heard a clear definition of it.

Good question! The difference will be more in the perspective of how you look at magic.

A mage thinks scientifically
a priest thinks in a theological sense

Both physics and religion want to explain creation, one side theologically, the other empirically.

5 Likes

Sounds reasonable (and interesting as well), thank you.

1 Like

Very interesting thing to think about.

I would also add perhaps that the void is utilised in a similar way to how the arcane is, but not only that it is supplemented .

A void elf mage combines the use of void with arcane. Remember Necromancy was a form of magic purused by mages also, as was fel from the human side.

From the orc side, it was taught directly by kil’jaeden and leveraged off demons. So a mages approach to warlock arts would be very different from a shaman’s approach. I would imagine the latter would rely heavily on the demon to both for knowledge and performance of the magic and he would instead be a master at controlling the entity or handling the entity like he did as a shaman.

Whereas those coming from the mage background would be wielding the core components of the force itself, like they did with the arcane studies.

no, he use only shadow/voidmagic, but…he use former arcane spells with voidmagic^^

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmage

so he basically substitutes arcane power for void.

Do we know if this is all round?

It further fuels my feeling that blizzard should adopt races like void elves and lightforged to swap some of the usual effects with light or void.

However, i think we need to wrap our heads round that void elf is a race and not a class. While Umbric could be a shadow mage, it doesn’t mean all void elf mages do likewise , they are racially changed now.

It’s more like a lightforged… if you can imagine a lightforged or a nightborne doing other things than light based studies or arcane based ones, you can imagine a void elf.

THey would be best known for void mastery, and can tap into the void racially, but they would still follow other disciplines. Race, not class.

1 Like

Well, I remember how Thalyssra ran away in fear from Jaina. She probably ran away because she was too strong.

1 Like

or maybe they were pressed for time and only a handfull while there were alliance troops coming from everywhere…

2 Likes

Jaina created ice walls with the help of magic, I don’t remember Thalyssra doing something like that, probably because she’s too strong and didn’t want to harm anyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s have to be the the reason :confused:

i’ll be honest with you,

Thalyssra is a mess. She could create domes of protective arcane to ward and smack away Withered whilst she herself was hungry and withering, and also to create barrier wards to absorb Stormwind’s cannons to buy time for the Zandalari ship to escape.

And she apparently couldn’t at least do somehing against Jaina. Ten-thousand years of arcane practice compares crap all to a few years of determined study and growing power, apparently.

2 Likes

A perfectly capable character joins the Horde, gets pumped with massive shot of lies and propaganda and many excuses - doesn’t feel good and changes - INCOMPETENCE. Many such cases!

For example this, ugh… fine specimen, he joined the horde and started devolving like 5 minutes later. It’s rather sad really.
https://i.imgur.com/Y6v1uf0.jpg

2 Likes

that poor creature. i commend his… effort.

1 Like

There’s more. This poor creature was taken to the Garithos Institute for the Study of Lesser Races. Our experts, to this day, can’t really explain what happened to it. It’s frightening.

https://i.imgur.com/GbozLYp.jpg

1 Like

dear god, what is that monstrosity.

there’s a foul epidemic going on…

1 Like