So, now Sylvanas can not only defeat but destroy the Lich King? Yawn

Yeah, we get it, shes a strong independent Wahmeeen…

Honestly, Sylvanas used to be a Character who had alot of Charm to her, but ever since Blizzard made that stupid decision to make her Warchief, making the most self centered Character suddendly leader of the Horde, she lost all of it.

She just ended up evil for evil sake, totaly overpowered in every aspect, and lets not forget how Blizzard constantly made the other Horde leaders total idiots for actually going along with Sylvanas Genocide…

The Horde has become a joke, Sylvanas became one of the worst characters, and now its just ridiculous that she can somehow defeat the Lich KIng without even trying…

16 Likes

The LK isn’t dead, we get quests from him in SL, but the helm is destroyed (for now).

I hear the new magic is some form of midichlorians. All purpose plot hole sealant.

4 Likes

Just because Arthas was a badass Lich King doesn’t mean Bolvar was the same - not to mention he didn’t have Frostmourne to massively boost his power

also GEE I wonder who told Vol’jin to make her Warchief… or what the purpose for that decision was now.

but nah easier to just b*tch and whine

6 Likes

Tyrande, Thrall, Bolvar and Jaina getting random op powers. Nobody cares. Sylvanas getting them. Everyone’s opens the salt mines. Your double standards are making me tired wow community.

14 Likes

In WoWs panel Ion tackled this question, and he explained that it was because the Death master decided to favour her instead and boost her powers in said fight.

Much like Azshara with N’zoth, or like Tirion and the Light.

3 Likes

which is a pretty stupid reasoning but ion will be ion and keep wrecking the lore im sure next time she’ll cleave planets and walk across space like a titan sighs

2 Likes

Or Tyrande with Elune.

Oh wait, she couldn’t even kill Nathanos with that.

C’est la vie.

7 Likes

I don’t think so.

If Tirion was able to defeat Arthas thanks to the Lights favour, i don’t see it all that weird to have them write a similar scenario were another “champion” does likewise with another cosmic energy.

3 Likes

look i want to have faith and believe this will be a good expansion but it looks just more of the same lore train wreck that we’ve had before ion don’t care about lore i doubt even the chronicles will stand the test of time once they become inconvenient to the rule of the cool

rule of the cool is incredibly bad for the story and they have proven time again that they will ignore any lore that don’t match up with their supposed vision what’s the point of world building if your just going to throw out what you established in earlier expansions

3 Likes

Anduin heals a whole army when Arthas , a real paladin at the time, fails to heal a horse
Players : “Yasss Manduin slay!!! xoxoxo”
Sylvanas defeats a Lich King who doesn’t have Frostmourne and who didn’t bother to boost his power
Players : [insert angry npc face]

11 Likes

More like:

Sylvanas burns Teldrassil

Players: Ok, Blizzard, ok.

Sylvanas blights the entire Alliance army at the Undercity…

Sylvanas sinks the entire Alliance fleet at Nazjatar

Sylvanas roasts Saurfang, and is apparently more powerful then the Alliance and the Horde combined

Sylvanas soloes Bolvar who fights like a little child, failing to hit her even once, when Saurfang managed to do it

Players: WILL YOU redacted OFF WITH SYLVANAS ALREADY?!

I mean, honestly, at this point, I feel like I am playing World of Sylvanas.

edit: And I will get an entire expansion based on Sylvanas too. Hooray!

29 Likes

How dare they make characters do stuff?
The game and lore should be about the Horde and the Alliance being best buddies and playing Scrabble and sipping hot chocolate in Northrend.

3 Likes

I am waiting for someone except Sylvanas to get to do something, really. And honestly, your argument is silly.

“I do not like this bad story, so I want this bad story, while complaining about how this brand of writing which I do not like is bad, but this one, which I like, but which is also bad, can stay.”

12/10 logic.

13 Likes

It’s because Blizzard read all this feedback from the Story forums, the conclusion ; It was Always Ever about Sylvanas, even when the topic wasn’t about her, other people…ironicly mostly the ones that hated her, would switch the topic to Sylvanas….so they pondered in their sacred dojos….Since people talk about Sylvanas Windrunner so much……they must love her! Or they love to hate her, which, amounts to the same thing, really!

And thus…you get some Sylvanas with your Sylvanas, and it’ll please you that you get some Sylvanas on the side…with just a hint of…-Arthas, Siiiic!, I ment Sylvanas.

<_<
In the End…Sylvanas claims us all.

_>

5 Likes

in the end bolvar will triumph and put that wannabe lich queen in her place when he becomes the true god of death by eating the 5 others and claiming his right as a male human paladin

1 Like

Yes, that must be it, most certainly.

tyrande didnt do sh!t, thrall didnt do sh!t, bolvar didnt do sh!t, and plenty o ppl b!tched about jaina. You only see what u wanna see? Sylvunos is the only one that owns 2 badasses in 2 following cinematics, now eat ur own salt

1 Like

You have to consider all of this:

-Sylvanas’ power massively grew after the deal she did with the Jailor by feeding all souls who died in Legion and BFA to the Maw. This new power she wield from the Shadowlands is effective against other Undead too.

-Lich King didn’t have Frostmourne, didn’t have a cool protective armor (certainly not on the level of Arthas), his minions were just a bunch of trash mobs and ICC was still empty from the last raid because Bolvar was just a jailor, not raising powerful Scourge troops anymore.

Also the Helmet of Domination is more about Scourge control (and keeping Ner’zhul inside) rather than boosting the power of the user. So Bolvar was very weak in comparison to Arthas so it’s not like she actually defeated a Lich King, it’s more that she was able to defeat a strong DK rather than a true Lich King, an “usurper” like she called him in the cinematic.

2 Likes

seems to contradict what he was doing in the death knight order hall storyline but then again like i said Ion don’t care about the lore even the lore they them selves created

3 Likes