So, that giant sword

Anyone remember that giant sword in Silithus? The one that is killing the planet? The item that started all the events in the current expansion? Is anyone going to do anything about it? I mean, killing N’zoth is fine and all, but it does not really matter much if the planet dies soon after.

Are we just leaving it there? Maybe Gallywix can take payment for guided tours. It just seems kind of important, and someone should do something about it, because it is literally sticking out of the planet and you can see it from across Kalimdor. Guess we should all start looking into Outland real-estate.

Maybe Azeroth’s soul goes to the Shadowlands/Maw upon death, and we wil have to rescue it in the next expansion.

1 Like

Sylvanas will remove it after merging with the World Soul of Azeroth.

1 Like

Oh yeah its totally fine, not like druids and shamans were ringing alarm bells saying BOY WE ARE IN TROUBLE WE CANT FIX THIS, PLANET IS DYING! After nzoth’s death we are cool and dandy. Not like we did anything about it and it came out really sudden.

Also killing nzoth didnt affect the planet at all, after all, we are smarter than titans, they ripped one from the core, and we LAZERED another, that wouldnt have the same consequences, right? RIGHT? Titans wouldnt just lazer other Old Gods, they are DUMB, and you, HERO, are strong and smarter than they ever been! Yes! WHOS THE STRONGEST SMARTEST? YOU ARE! YOU!

11 Likes

It replaces our lost artefact weapons from Legion.

You thought weapon scaling was bad? Hold my beer

4 Likes

Ask them in another expansion. They’ll come back to it, when they run out of sudden “cool” ideas to put in between.

2 Likes

You just have to kind of ignore it. I mean technically, Azeroth is now a shattered hulk and everyone on it is dead. That would have happened within minutes of that sword hitting Silithis.

Everyone is dead.

No exceptions.

You simply cannot have something of that mass strike a planet and create faultlines within it, without it also destroying the planet. It looks cool as a cinematic, it would also be the end of the world before anyone could even go “WTF?”

SO you just have to wing it, and not hang so desperately on the logic of it, because there -is- no logic of it. It does not make sense. So just…let it not make sense and try to avoid thinking about it…

2 Likes

To be fair, it could be that MOTHER used the research on G’huun to calibrate the origination beam.

Also, i’m probably not the only one who thought this, but shouldn’t the planet getting stabbed at least caused a second Cataclysm?

Or perhaps… The first cataclysm should of made Azerite bubble up everywhere when the Whole damn planet nearly got sundered in two?

Who knows!

Honestly, i doubt many care these days. Just make up your own canon!

2 Likes

They have probably already decided that Azeroth the Titan will at some point use it to fight some great evil in a flashy cutscene.

They just don’t know how to get there yet.

3 Likes

Yeah, that cinematic looked good but then it was good in a way you look at a B SciFi movie on some cheap 50p dvd you found in some bargain bin at a store.

Deathwing caused so much damage just by breaking out from the cave he was locked away in and yet that sword did hardly anything. Never bought that at all.

And pulling that sword out? Quick way to doing massive damage… You know, it was something that shouldn’t have happened anyways and to have that plot just not finished with in this expansion just feels like many plots Blizzard has started, worked on it a bit and then couldn’t figure out what to do with it so we’re onto the next big threat. And in this case, it’s old gods again. Whoopee… /sarcasm.

It’s best to just enjoy the ride as you would with any story in a cheap sci-fi/fantasy movie now. You enjoy it better than you would if you try to make sense of it.

That’s WoW in a nutshell when it comes to stories in this game.

I understand that it’s inconsistent and I agree, but Deathwing WAS the Earth-Warder, he can literally shape the surface at will. Imagine someone stabbing a body, not everywhere all around the body is wounded and scarred, but the point of entry is penetrated and wounded deeply. Now if someone burns the surface of your skin, it would spread much further and wound far more tissue.

That’s always how I’ve explained it to myself at least.

You know, MOTHER is just a half-wit compared to Titans. So all research and stuff is a bad excuse.

Ooh ooh i know , so after we return from our trip to the shadowlands we find out that the planet has deaded ,but fred not because Wrathion is back again and he has cinvinced another bronze dragon to take is to Azeroths past in an alternative timeline. I call it “World of Warcraft: Kings Of Azeroth™”.

Better to not mix physics into this. First of all we would have to take into account plenty of other aspects and data that simply are not present in WarCraft universe. Secondly scenario present here - massive humanoid made of metal and fire who materialize out of cloud of “magic” gas and then conjures a sword with which he stabs a planet - is way to ridiculous to apply any logic or scientific knowledge to it.
Also I don’t agree with that sword stab being enough to destroy the planet or even end life on it (though it should have world wide effects other than magical gold/blue lava popping here and there). It only proves that authors don’t seem to grasp the size of astral bodies but than most people don’t.
Although I do agree that leaving the sword plot in it current state is massive disappointment (this expansion seems to be full of those).

We’ll laser beam it once we’re done farming transmogs and mounts.

NEXT!

We should be having old god xpac next.

Plot line should have been, end cinematic reveals nyalotha was a vision, and nzoth is really free under the ocean still and doing whatever (until next xpac). xpac pre event is silithus as millions swarm out from it and cthun awakens, bursting from the ground and shattering the sword. (Or something like that)

equivelant thing could happen to yoggy, imagine a cinematic where his giant true form size of ulduar burst from underneath and completely destroys ulduar and his tentacles rival the peaks of storm peaks.

I belive he is in dagger. The one which we stabed him. He knew about our plan, so he made “our plan” -> “his plan”.

1 Like

Not sure how much narrative sense that would make, though. I mean… N’zoth practically invited us to attack him, and we trashed him in a single patch. He felt like much more of a threat when he was still manipulating stuff from his prison than when he finally got free, really.

So… what would be won by putting him in the dagger now? This patch worked hard to take most of the respect we might have had for him as an enemy away. Why would we even care if he was still around in some capacity? How would saving some part of him make for some intriguing future plot point?

1 Like

Weeelll when eventually we team up with Sargeras and burt him out in order to fight the void lords he is going to need his sword. So Azeroth is bassicly a big raund holster.

Blizzard still has a chance to make a good ending to deal with the sword tough. They could use the shadow lands pre event(pretty sure that there will be one) to make us heal azeroth by letting the soul of azeroth in the weakened state be slowly sucked into the shadow lands and the way we stop it is we stop azeroth from bleeding and dying by using all our hearts energy combined with the cape.

That’s the best way to deal with us losing the cool stuff we have now

1 Like