So... We are the good guys in SL

You will soon notice people like to get angry about random stuff. It’s not about them being right or wrong, they just like to get angry.

I already know that but occasionally it is nice to add a little realism.

Saint Drae… A good guy if ever there was one…

1 Like

3 Likes

I just want to kill stuff and I’m good

Being a horde player is lore wise meh currently… I don’t want to be the bad guy but I also don’t want to be best friends forever with the alliance.
Why can’t both factions just care about themselves and we work only together when it’s needed?

1 Like

It gets a bit old to always go “enemies → friends → enemies → friends → enemies → friends” forever and ever…

At least I think so…

We’ve literally ALWAYS been the good guys? What are you on about? When in the history of wow have we not been the good guys?

Don’t look upon yourselves as being good guys. We all know the Horde are evil tree burning scum.

Look upon yourselves as being hell bent on giving that two faced, back stabbing individual a good kicking. A pure revenge mission, any good you do is purely by accident because you are all so focused on revenge that you’re not focusing on being evil dastardly deed doers.

1 Like

I was leveling last herb from Legion to rank3 (finally) and while flying… looking for Fjarnskaggs I started hearing screaming~ looked around a little and there was few Forsaken attacking Worgen outpost: Greywatch!

They were screaming some Dark Lady stuff but this quote made me /lol:

“Death to the living”

Very protective of them :rofl:

1 Like

A lot of the concerns and complaints you have all voiced in this thread, have been addressed by Ion.

You can watch the interview by Slooty McToot on YouTube.
" Ion “Watcher” Hazzikostas Shadowlands Alpha Interview "

Everyone should also remember that the Alpha is an alpha and nothing is final until it is.

1 Like

I didn’t think this was definite but I’ve avoided too much in the way of story spoilers. She was just helping some lost souls, namely those that were made undead on Darkshore.

Undead are good guy unless they controlled/influenced by someone or something.

Thats why they are in the 99% of the time are “bad”
They are not evil, like a sword is not inherently evil, but the one that wields it
The poor little undeads are that… weapons, tools others use to do the dirty work
There are good undead around tho’… for example those cool sekeltal priates in Zem’lan port who joins a Vulpera Caravan; they are a good example an undead are not inherently Eeeebil™; but have their own life, hobbies, dreams…

And till you go feral~ eventually :rofl:
Forsaken are like Fallout Ghouls.

Can you give a short summary?

I don’t think any short summary is enough to clearly indicate what Ion was attempting to say but, I will provide the below.

As far as Ion is concerned he felt the mystery was a little too much and this caused some confusion amongst players, including myself as for the most part I didn’t understand what was going on a lot of the time and didn’t get this feeling of grand war, I rather got a feeling of “I just want to kill my Warchief and be done with it”

In the more recent interviews with Slooty McToot he covers this in depth and explains where they missed the mark and how they will do better in the future having listened to feedback and seen where players weren’t engaging.

1 Like

We’ll see. I’m not holding out any hope anymore.

It will take a miracle to fix the mess BfA created, and I frankly don’t think these writers are capable of that. And honestly I’m not impressed so far with what we’ve been shown about the Shadowlands story.

2 Likes

Even if it was just a template, they wouldn’t choose something arbitrary. It is what they would have made in different words at final build. Let’s hope they listen to the feedback :pray:

I sometimes think the problem is the Devs have ideas of what they want to do and where to take the game but linking up the story telling for that isn’t always great.

I don’t doubt that writers are given outlines of what they are expected to write about when employed by Blizz, whilst putting their own spin or story telling style into it.