So, where are all the lotus?

As we all know, there should be 2x-3x or maybe even 4x more lotus coming outta each zone…

Thing is, for those of us seasoned farmers, it seems like there are fewer than before… I did an 8 hour night shift in Silithus last week and got a grand total of 1 Black Lotus.

Have other pro farmers also noticed that something funny is going on?

I hope Blizz is monitoring the situation and they are checking the logs to see who and how and where the lotus is going…

Unless you’re a multiboxer who controls multiple spawn points, picking a lotus is almost entirely based on luck.
As for my subjective experience, I never picked a single Lotus prior to their spawn point/rate increases, only ever saw once for which I had to fight 3 hordes to obvious no success. Since the changes I’ve had the opportunity to pick multiple.

Got 6 in Silithus in one week. A few of them I weren’t even looking for, I just stumbled across them while doing some quests.

I’ve had the same experience.

Here’s the problem:
-Lotus Mafia
-Multi boxers

These mafia’s run with a large group of players and will have players at each spawn or at least in the vicinity of multiple spawn locations that are close together then they will have a Hunter or Shaman scout them out with far sight and so they pick the majority of lotus if you actually find one and they are of the opposite faction you may notice them come in as a team and kill you before you even get a chance to pick.

Multi boxers do a similar thing but because they are only 1 player controlling multiple characters they often don’t have well geared characters and they rely on picking fast before anyone else gets them since they cannot fight for the lotus as well. They will often have multiple characters hidden on certain spawns or stealthed waiting for example in northern Silithus theres one that spawns near a cave well they will park their character above the cave.

On top of competing with these guys your also competing with every other herbalist on your realm so the chance of getting one is extremely low.

The best times to pick are late night/early morning but even then you can go hours without one.

So it is down to luck but the odds are stacked against you. Roll on Fel lotus.

We have this one theory that lotus spawns under the feet of random herbalists that haven’t picked many before. A kind of dynamic spawn effect to spread the wealth a little. Which is fine.

But this still doesn’t account for the dearth we find when we are there for hours at a stretch.

You’re better off not farming them specifically, and will stumble across them more often than aiming for BL alone. I found this method much better, just go farm mobs and other herbs/mine nodes etc instead.

Old Spawn I found about 30, new spawns I’ve come across 5 or so without trying.

How about change this, when herb there chance to get it lotus from normal herbs such dreamfoils,plague , etc end game herbs?

I ate them all

Best I’ve got is 3 in a hour, went round EPL, looted one, port to SW, round of burning steppes, got another. Port to darn, round of winterspring, got a third! Luckiest I’ve been and there was no one else around. I’ve had 1 since then and that was about 2 weeks ago :joy:

Agreed they should have done this from the get go, same as arcane crystals and Fel Lotus in BC… But #nochanges was initially implimented, so we all get screwed while the bots reign supreme.

Terrain hacks confirmed… Lotus is being taken by “invisible players” as soon as they spawn.

Hackers working mostly at night to avoid suspicion.

At this point I totally gave up on Black Lotus, but now it feels like you even don’t get to pick other random herbs such as Plaguebloom, Mountain Silversage etc. I thought it would be easier if I log in around the unusual times like 5:00- 6:00 AM. This morning I was in EP and WP with my fast mount and didn’t see a single Plaguebloom or any other high level herb in both zones for 45 minutes. You would think something will respawn at some point, but nothing did. It is so frustrating. I only saw a couple lvl 54 in the zone I guess they were multi-boxer. :expressionless:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.