So who's happy the mage tower is back?

I hope so, not planing to farm old stuff , but there are few chars where i wanna do it for tmogs , maybe even book mount since i skiped big part of last year and missed MT.

Honestly, I just don’t understand why they won’t add the old artifact skins back in. They were purely a time and place thing so the whole “it takes away from people who did it back then” doesn’t really fly imo. You still need to complete a challenge to earn them, but I feel like all this does is deny people the chance to try.

So.

Am I right in thinking the best way to do these is to farm mythic atorus for a few weeks then dig out my old Legion Legendaries?

(And also not be rubbish)

Nope, There’s a few ways but for me the best time investment is to run Siege of Org on mythic and collect socket gear. This was the last raid iirc that dropped gear that had a set nr of sockets, in contrast to the RNG farce we have today. Gems scale really well in the Mage Tower so you can have up to 20 sockets filled with 3 str/agi/int, which is huge.

Since these pieces are low lvl you can enchant them with pretty nice enchants. Also BFA flasks and pots are a huge damage boost. Unbridled Fury does 15+% of you damage.

There’s also a few Legion trinkets that can do 20% of your dps on certain fights.

Is this cheating? Meh kinda a grey area since it’s available in the game to use, and the encounters are defo a tad too hard with just SL gear.

EDIT: the best weapons are the Garrosh SoO heirlooms from back in MoP (they don’t drop anymore). They can be enchanted with Crusader for crazy self heal and filled with gems.

Not really a Grey area, progress is made by skill, gear and experience.
Relying on one more than another is not cheating.

Someone might be more skilled while you can be more perseverant and invest on gear.

3 Likes

hope they improve priest challenges as previous feedback was they being horrible.

anyway, i have made a few posts regarless of cheap/free gear you can obtain and what specs/chalenges you can do fairly easy for the 7 achievement book. (not done the healer because i never healed so i might never get the book mount)

basicly, get lvl50 gear and enchant it, u dont need to chunk huge gold on pvp gear (at first i did on my warrior then i realised i was just throwing away gold) when u can get either SoS mythic gear, legion LFR or cheap crafted greens, or even nethershard vendor, as long as they are lvl50 or below for enchants
the biggest impact are the enchants (also detailed in the topic)

as you can see, you dont even need to be max level, i do recommend being lvl51 just to be able to use some SL consumables
flasks have low impact in stats, you can use the cheap wod flasks and you will be fine, no need to go overboard with expensive ones
potions of unbridged fury have a big impact on nuke phases, this u need to invest some
any drums will work inside the mage tower regarless of ur level, so get the cheaper ones

hope that helps you out

2 Likes

Could not care less.

I’m not a good enough player to complete them at launch day templates.

So i need Antorus gear or at least higher templates than it has currently

Old legendaries don’t work.

Glad I can get the hunter set with no rush. I spent way too long on the arms warrior one last time I ran out of time lol

Which trinkets? Having a really hard time with rogue ones as my dmg isn’t good enough to beat enrage timer.

They are totally paper back then too. I had heard that grandma wanting to “sit a spell” (aka she died) so often that I will have it in my head until the day I die.

The healing challenge is exactly what it feels to be the healer of the worst group imaginable

3 Likes

I remember the one from Nythendria (EN) being talked about being really good.

Nah, you could let the mage mob reach 4 stacks, stun it and let it drop off.

Now with this iteration, the allies were dying at 2 stacks even. You’re busy trading GCDs with it to dispel the buff and hope they’ll go the mage instead of breaking CCs on other targets.

Then they are not paper, they are (real life) spider webs (aka even more fragile).

3 Likes

The Mage tower should never have been removed. Simply put. This is not a MOBILE game. Ye oldie tower being available to new players who want to have a bit of fun. Does not detract in any way.

Here is the real upshot though. We can finally start moving towards true ever green content. Content that is not meant to be played over and over again like world quests, but content that is always relevant. Like the mage tower.

1 Like

Seed pod from 1st boss om emerald nightmare is crazy good. Seething eye of sethe for casters or pala iirc.

As long as the reward is that ugly recoloured armor, it’s irrelevant to me.

mage tower as it is will drive more people away from the game than make people want to keep playing imo.

Weren’t you taking a ‘break’ from the forum? Or was that thread in case you actually got that ban? :wink:

I’m very happy that it’s back.

For two reasons:

1. I read a lot of cry posts about it the past months
    and
  2. Mage tower doesn’t affect me.

Thank you for your time

2 Likes