So, you wanna come to Pyrewood Village? :)

Weird, I’m having a great time on PV, Horde side. Much better than on any priv I’d played in the past. Maybe it’s just bad on Alliance side? I don’t know.

I raid every single day, no exceptions, and none one of these runs are GDKP raids. There are 2 GDKP guilds I know of, I might join them one day as a booster, once I don’t need anything from BWL or AQ40. Could use a few extra coins.

There are some stupid comments in “General” chat, the usual “LATE!”, “REND WHEN??!!” and the likes, but they’re really easy to ignore. I think I’ve added 2 people to the ignore list in the entirety of Classic.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved playing over there, the raid times were perfect for me (I work in a bar and most raid nights on EU were around 7pm which is usually when I was working) and the people were a lot of fun too.

It was more that I just noticed on Herod and my other alt servers that botting was huge and so was GDKP runs and gold buying.

But yeah other than that I loved it over there

1 Like

After playing on 4 servers I can safely say that the high pop servers attract the biggest scum of this game. Most top guilds are loot council hell holes that lose their mind if you miss an opposite faction DMF buff.

They think they are good and try to do speedruns, but when Naxx hit they couldn’t even clear 2 wings.
The leaders are the “Clear comms” type of people that take the game way too seriously.

There are other, less stressful guilds but they usually aren’t recruiting, as no one wants to leave such a guild. Then there are the endless gbid/reserved pugs that are spammed every 0.5 seconds in trade/world/LFG and yell in Orgrimmar.
Since there are a lot of guildless people out there they join these runs and contribute to the problem. This was never the case on the single medium pop server i played.

This has been a nice learning experience and I will start my own guild when TBC arrives, on some low pop server and stay away from all the toxicity that will inevitably continue.

1 Like

OK, then it is even worse then I realized. I seen some video about bots fly-hack to location and getting honor kill and now I understand it is also work of bracket mafia. In my opinion Blizzard should be banning such a behavior. Also can you please advise how player who don’t want to participate on this can rank up? This can’t be mandatory for everyone to cheat.

1 Like

I noticed classic community more specificlly normal servers has become more appalling recently. I think shadowlands is no different but worst.

We have 11 active raiding guilds on Alliance side (a few guilds merged around P6), 3-4 have 2 raid teams, the rest has a single raid team. They are from casual to hardcore, most use EPGP, a few LC and one guild is scandinavian.

Our pugs for MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx are all SR, usually only Bindings HR, rest is available for SR (occasionally 1 Idol is HR in ZG pugs), pugs for the 40 player are in the evenings with signups. We don’t have any GDKP or GBID pugs on Alliance side, Horde has GDKP runs.

If you are interested in transfering to us, feel free to /w me ingame, I’m usually online in the evening and can provide more information about the guilds or, in case you want to get r14 before TBC, get you in touch with the bracket leader. Our brackets have always been organized serverwide in a way that the people with the most RP got the prio for the high standings and was never controlled by single guilds, we had bracket leaders from pretty much all guilds.

1 Like

They actually hire bots and pay them real money to inflate the pool to over 9000.
All the stupid premades ruined my fun, so I’m glad someone out there ruins theirs.

3 Likes

First of all, I’ve never seen a flyhacker on ZT, you just create an alt, run him to the nearest gy where horde can res, sit there in raid for ~17 kills on a horde char, log off, delete, rinse and repeat.

Honestly, I wouldn’t know, I don’t care about pvp, I’m just helping to boost the pool for my guildies who do go / went for rank 14. I assume you can’t. You could probably get to rank 11-12 or so breaking brackets, facing constant abuse and becoming basically a server pariah, or you could join the “mafia”, wait your turn and make many friends along the way.

Thank you for info. Ill have to check with my brother aswell as we play together. But Skullflame looks promising. Especially as non gbid runs doesnt seem to be to common.

Btw ARTEM was a Horde guild on Skullflame, before they decided to reroll Alliance on Mograine in P2 because they wanted a challenge and we were totally Horde dominated at this point (one of the worst A/H ratios before we became really balanced over the last few months).

I have been levelling a new character on PV, and it is soon level 60. I would like to have a chill end game experience until TBC launches. Has anyone else been playing as a fresh 60 recently, who can give their take on the situation? I haven’t been playing since P3, so I am pretty far behind when it comes to knowledge of the new content. I will be looking for a guild as well, but it would be nice to enjoy a few pugs until I find one. I am probably what you would call a dad-gamer, so hunting world buffs and staying logged out to preserve them really doesn’t appeal to me at all.

I suggest you might aswell take a break until tbc they all play for naxx. no one plays wow classic for fun anymore its a competitive hell now. yes I am a dad-gamer too but not dad irl tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need a guild to get gear, I mean, you can be part of one, but you don’t have to raid with them, could be a dead guild too. The pugs are plentiful (and most of them are SR with no HR/occasional HR on one item), so you can get gear easily by just raiding a lot. Once you have gear you can start looking for a guild that clears the higher tiers if you wanna get serious about it… however yeah, then you might have to hunt world buffs as well. It’s probably hard to find a guild that clears Naxx or even AQ40 and don’t want you to bring wb’s to the raid.

1 Like

Bracket breakers are way better than people who endorse this bs of creating alts to fake-farm for ranks etc. - god that is the real definition of pathetic.

3 Likes

Lol because someone spend more time than you he is a thief and stealing points? Wtf is wrong with you. Go outside and play in the snow to cool of your head…
Damn some ppl…

Making agreement on PvP rating should never be a thing, it removes the competition from the only competitive aspect of the game.

i am a lot better at enh shaman then this character in pvp tbh.

No little boy. Ppl like you are called parasitic sociopaths irl. You live in a selfmade world with selfmade rules. If someone “break” your selfmade rules you act lile this…

Imagine somone is in a 3 weeks vacation/corona lockdown/whatever. He can play 20 hours a day. He has no clue that your selfmade rules are existing. He plays this 20hours a day. In this 20hours he spend 18 hours in BGs. He has fun.

And you want to dictate someone how many hours he can spend in BGs? You literally dictate someone to have fun.

This is called sociopath…google it.

4 Likes

Yea, laughted so hard too, when he admited they don’t allow people to play pvp other than follow their self-made rules. And he was saying how much pain he wan’t to inflict to anyone who don’t wants to join their system and then calling others sociopaths…

3 Likes

As a new player i just want to queue >get on bg >earn some hks >get out and have some fun btw.

I don’t care about ridicoulous ideas like brackets and whatnot.

Why can’t we keep it simple as it should be?

7 Likes