Socketing your gear makes you WORSE in PvP

It’s clearly explained in the video below. How come Blizz can’t just give an official statement on how PvP scaling works, why do we need to tinker and twist valves to figure it out bit by bit ourselves.

66 Likes

gotta love the PvP designers :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I don’t think they themselves know at this point ._.

10 Likes

the fact that there is still so much stuff unknown about this system even tho we are 2 years into the expansion is mindblowing to me, I pray this godawful trash is gone in Shadowlands.

9 Likes

Math is hard

4 Likes

That is crazy.

The devs are clearly lost.

12 Likes

How much I miss Cataclysm gearing.

Head sockets, color sockets and PvP gems …

Blizzard really needs to fix the current system.

5 Likes

I really don’t miss having to waste sockets on hit chance xD
(it wasn’t perfect)

Your opinion of course. For me I would take hit/exp with reforging over existing system any time.

2 Likes

yikes, not me
:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

They needs to change dev team.

6 Likes

Lol, this is madness.

6 Likes

Funny how now sockets makes you worse, at s1, when u had 100ilvl lower gear with full versa stats and sockets ( crafted gear it wss i guess) u was literaly immortal against full geared players in pvp.

The other thing is, this whole just shows difference of 1 socket, and then of 1 item ( we knew that rather long) but what if its not socket but rather stat itself? What if it somehow calculates total stats and adjust them with some kind of DR? Meaning that single socket of 50 stats is worse, but if u have 10 sockets DR hits and its actualy better… We know very little to know rn.

Also 80% plays with amps, so even if it made u weaker, your amps will most likely balance it or make it litle better so still worth it

2 Likes

This is so disgusting.

Seriously, devs… get a f*ing grip, what the heck are you doing.

7 Likes

Lmao I watched this video, and I feel really stupid for buying the socket upgrades instead of the mount with memento :pensive:

6 Likes

What a joke expansion.

4 Likes

Uhh power gaps… uuuh new player experience… uuh somethin catchup… math

1 Like

Any time I’ve seen devs do scaling, there are such idiotic bugs. In swtor at one point people did pvp naked because it scaled best.

Either use normalized stats, or add back pvp gear.

4 Likes

At this point a group of monkeys would probably be better PvP-developers than the ones we have. I mean seriously: How is this even possible?

4 Likes

Clearly didn’t use enough gems.

10 Likes