SoD Economy is Unrealistic

While the consumables are super expensive, its just a drop in the bucket.

If you want to proper raid, and im speaking as a melee here, you need to put up 3-4k gold for 2 Darkmoon Trinkets. Then you need to enchant you new gear, for Feral alone the 25 agy on wep is over 1k gold, not to mention everything else.

Assuming you are not sleeping in lvl 50 Incursions these prices are literally suffocating the player-base, its extremely oppressive.

Blizzard wants to stop people from swiping ? Maybe having prices this high is not the best idea then, especially for a game where they say its about alts and easier raids.

And yes, some of the prices will go down over time. But many of these mats, consumables and trinkets are so powerful, and so needed that the difference will be small.

7 Likes

You dont need those trinkets at all, maybe if you want to parse 99 but you dont need them.

you dont need that enchant ether.

Just becouse you want to have those things dosnt mean that you need them

10 Likes

Idk the raid is easy. 13 paladins 1 being heal, 5 tanks(2dedicated), 1 priest (heal) 1 ranged/melee hunter 1 druid heal, 1 druid balance, 3 mages and full clear. A good few wipes but we finished it within a night.
There was probably 5 people popping consums.
We have amazing healers, that might be it but we came out the druid saying we had too many healers and the tank/dps wanting the 30% nerf to be reverted.

Just run with good people, have a good time. Don’t worry about needing to run full BiS, Consums, WB. It’s gnomer all over again it feels like with these requirements.

1 Like

Well look, you are not wrong. You “dont need” any of it to clear.

But if your idea is to join a solid Guild that does not wipe on farm, or not sit 5hrs waiting for a pug to take you, then yes, you do need it to join, but dont need to kill.

The short of it is, good grps will need you to be as optimal as possible. And optimal means you are spending the gold that I spoke about.

2 Likes

What you are talking about here is not “basic raid prepping” it is minmaxing… and this is supposed to be hard and expensive

7 Likes

Sorry chum, but the auction house is not a centrally planned economy, it’s all about supply and demand.

2 Likes

You are buying bis gear and enchants for a raid finder difficulty raid, you don’t need any of that

The guild im in dont tend to wipe on farm, maybe once if someone is way to tiered or something.

I dont pug so I dont know how it is right now when it comes to that.

You dont need it to join a guild that are decent enough to not wipe.

Nah you need to be as optimal as possible to join groups that are going for things like record speed runs or world firsts. Having good enough enchants and good enough gear is what good groups need. Good is not the same as the best of the best but you dont need to be in those groups.

Yea exactly…

I need to get to work, the most optimal way is to get there as quick as possible. Therefor, yes boss…I need a Ferarri to get to work.

6 Likes

I guess we are just playing the game in two different ways.

So let me adjust it. If you wanna raid properly and do the best you can ? You are going to be spending insane amounts of gold because its heavily locked behind a paywall.

If you just wanna log in, have fun and take it easy ? Then no, you dont need even half the things I mentioned.

The prices really are absolutely insane… i was never interested in parsing etc.
But normal consumables alone aren’t affordable anymore. People are completely bonkers… selling a pot at 9g per piece :joy::man_facepalming:
Worse prices than on Era.
It feels like with every version of vanilla that releases people get sweatier and greedier :sweat_smile::exploding_head:

1 Like

You don’t have to buy any of the things you mentioned, you can grind it out yourself if you want.

1 Like

But you can also farm herbs yourself for 100g+ per hour wich is also completely bonkers

1 Like

Yes, if you want to literally sleep in the game farming gold, mats and cards.

This is why people swipe, because instead of grinding for 50hours in game to farm out everything to max out, you can just go work 2hrs and have it that way.

This is why I am saying the eco is horrible and needs adjusting. Enchanting mats, and consumables need to be a lot less rare and more plentiful. The cards should have a higher drop. U dont need to make things free, just more realistic to own.

Yes, if you assume its a dead server/layer and you are the alone. Since that’s never the case, then no, you are not really farming even half that much with competition and pvp.

Just like no1 needs to play the game. Everything is optional :melting_face:
Just like the dev team doesn’t have to fix issues when they have clueless people like you who can’t identify any problems and live by the “i dont need to do anything mentality”. I guess you just stand around in orgimmar or stormwind all day because you don’t need to do anything afterall.

2 Likes

Who said you MUST have those 4k gold trinkets? they lie to you

Gold is not a problem dude, grab a 50 and do quest. In a single hour you can get 100g easily and thats enough for ST unless your guild is full of blind people which does like to wipe 5 times in a row on the same boss

Why is there even 4k gold trinkets in a game where they are supposed to fight gold selling and bots? That’s the real question, not wether you need the items or not… people could probably clear ST without even using runes too.

6 Likes

they in the game because blizz is trying to get us to go farm them instead of raid logging, because they know a raid logger can more easily quit the game compared to someone investing time and effort

1 Like

I never said nothing needs to be done I said that you dont need the most expensive stuff possible whent they give you a less than 1% dps increase over things that cost 10% of what they cost or even less.

I never just stand around if im logged in im doing something, I recently farmed all the mithril I needed to finish of my armorsmithing quest. Took a few hours to farm all of that but that was something that was closer to be needed as I will next phase be crafting resistance gear for tanks for example.
If I would have gone and just bought the mats it would have been a few hundred gold for sure, I have also farmed for some enchants recently like the arcanum I was lucky enough to get a book for. I didnt need to do it to be able to do the raid but it was something I wanted to do. If someone would have told me that I need to get arcanums of voracity on both my legs and my helmet I would have just laughed at them and said sure when ever they drop I will get to it.

I mean i like the idea of having stuff to farm, it’s just that in reality bots farm it and people buy gold. Why lock farmable stuff behind auction/gold with such high value? It just promotes more botting, not alot of real players are gonna bother farming up 4k gold.