SoD Economy is Unrealistic

i agree. the average animal at blizz thought “hey, they can farm 100g/h. if we make the cards op, its 40h farm for the average player, 40h more play time”
they didnt realize that people would just quit instead because they dont wanna farm 40h to compete with the others of their class

1 Like

The content is easy, you can probably equip 2 pieces of gear and still do the raid. Average minmaxing can be fun, minmaxing to the last 0.1% isn’t something many would enjoy. Doesn’t change the fact that the economy is broken due to incursions and previously by bots. If they made the trinkets cost 99k you would still see some with it, which means they most likely bought the gold. 4k or 99k gold trinkets promote botting in the end, not alot of players are gonna bother farming that much.

1 Like

Look, I dont mind people having a different view. Like I said, its a difference in how we game.

Issue is people think the Darkmoon trinkets are optional. In reality they are not. The Dunes Deck is so strong even after 2 nerfs that its mandatory if you want to play optimal. And Plagues is still better than anything else thats not a Darkmoon Deck.

Now if your teams are happy having you w/o full buffs and maxed out gear, then that’s fine. I hope you have fun. For the rest of us you have to pay a premium and do insane farming to get everything that’s needed.

also you see videos like " i made 35k gold in 7 days" and its just a mage farming sunken temple on repeat. the average player gets cucked, the tryhards/abusers/lucky ones always profit
this is not even comparable to getting greatness in wotlk, since greatness was an easy farm for most, meanwhile here its a confirmed 40h unless if you play hunter or mage

1 Like

dune gonna be mandatory for certain classes for the rest of the game sadly. for example, tank rogue wants it for any aoe fight

1 Like

The economy is flooded with raw gold (hyperinflation caused mostly by incursion spamming) and this makes material prices go up.
Supply and demand is the next big factor.

1 Like

What do you mean by “difference in how we game”?

Look, it’s highly likely that every single commenter in this thread wants to obtain BiS, why wouldn’t they? It’s just using words such as “need” and “cant” don’t quite fit this very very first world problem. People aren’t more casual than you just because they acknowledge the reality of not “needing” those items to continue to raid.

This is an MMORPG with design principles of its time. These games were designed/built with aspects such as items requiring commitment, luck or a combination of both. Not every player would obtain these for various reasons such as time restraints, luck, cashflow etc etc etc.

Surely, you can understand why we have retail? why it ended up the way it did with “QoL” change after change. Retail is no different from games such as warframe, an instance loading button masher.

I’m not trying to be mean here but do you really think that every thing should be obtainable this quick? How many forum posts do you think there will be in a weeks time “crying” for phase 4.

This isn’t relevant here but it’s the same old story when people complained to have GDKP, the old “I don’t have time for a guild schedule”…ok, then you don’t have time for a guild.

It’s modern times but people really need to get this notion out of their head that everything around them should cater to their needs/wants. You have a goal, an objective in front of you and clearly (difference in how we game) see yourself as more capable than the average gamer. Well why are you here complaining? One foot in front of the other get on with it and don’t waste your time creating the 1000th post today demanding the game be changed to cater to what YOU want.

If you are as good as you think you are, should be an easy opponent.

HERE:

Is trinket optional → Yes - > Go have fun
Is trinket optional → No → Go Grind

2 Likes

Actually, thats exactly what it means. If you see item X which gives you more power, especially a lot more power, and you say “I dont need it” then yes, you are playing a game more casual.

Not at all, I am not saying “gif nao!” im saying 3 months from now these cards will be 3x as expensive as now. Unless they are nerfed to the ground and useless. And that is a problem. Inflation + Demand will make farming gold for this be absolute insanity.

You misunderstood my post. I have the 2x Darkmoon trinkets. I am not here complaining for me, im actually complaining for you. Which is something “you” seem to not be realizing. I play SoD enough to be able to afford all of this, and get all the reps and gear etc etc together.

So again, the game is not too hard for me. But then again I dont think WoW should be made for the 1%.

1 Like

They wont though, supply of the cards will go up so they will go down in price atleast in relative price to how much gold everyone have, just as the enchant you mentioned earlier will go down in price massively and when they go down in price to more reasonable levels you could have a point in saying that the enchant is needed but not before that.

Wait, werent you all against bots ? Thats the price youre paying now :)))

1 Like

I never said it was something you could do in an afternoon, but to call it a pay wall is hyperbolic at best. It is just a matter of opinion, and you are entitled to your own, but I don’t think everyone being able to get full bis, every slot, every enchant, every everything, every single phase, is something that’s good for the game.

The very best of the best should be difficult or - more fitting for WoW - time-consuming in my opinion. And it’s not like it’s that difficult to make some gold. I never farm, I just craft stuff, buy mats on the AH, start crafting and tab out. You’d be surprised how much gold there is to be made on the laziness of others.

1 Like

This is what happens to the prices if we get an event like this, which is an infinite gold farm beyond lvling.
At 60, the situation will be somewhat better, currently there are materials that can be effectively farmed later, but now it’s quite a mess because 56-58+ mobs drop them.
But it is certain that there is too much gold in circulation on the servers, BOTs have mage a lot, and now this event.
This is actually not good in the long run for anyone who is not a 0/24 player or a goldbuyer. There’s really nothing you can do about it.

Don’t ‘need’ it to raid and progress through the game. I’ve already covered that we all ‘want’ it. It is simply not a pre-requisite to raiding and that should be very obvious.

I think we understand the English language differently. The definition of need is necessity, as in necessary… which ironically is actually far removed from terms such as “optimal”.

So, it’s not necessary to raid because if it were, then it couldn’t be seen as optimal to raid. Optimal is fine tuning (aka, here; min maxing).

Food is a necessity, a balanced diet is optimal.

And again, this is why I am saying we are playing the game differently. At least I am aware of which “lane” iv taken.

1 Like

Not at all, you have no idea how I play the game or what items I have. Declaring somehow that you are ‘better’ or ‘less casual’ because you are unable to use the English language properly speaks for itself.

I am not saying “I am better”, I am saying you are more casual. Not because you cant finish ST with out the Darkmoon trinkets, or flasks, or pots/elixirs, buffs, or even runes for that matter.

I am saying you are more casual because your point of view confirms it. There is no world in which you see trinkets this busted and say “Eh, its not mandatory”. No, its not mandatory to clear, it is mandatory to perform and keep up with the rest in strong Guilds.

In chill Guilds ? Nothing really matters. Again, does not make me better than you, I cant really say who “you” are since you are posting on an alt. But again, I can say your views are casual.

1 Like

If you spend all day everyday farming to keep up with the fomo and parse culture : turbo nerd, no life, wow is a 2nd job.

If you don’t farm gold and don’t parse : super casual boomer ew.

You just cannot win. Even if you win, you are losing… losing time.

This game is just a cashcow farmville simulator for addicts.

Wake up.

You dont “need” anything. Most PUGs and guilds would probably want you to run basic consumbles, but I’ve yet seen anybody demand 2 DMF trinkets. Thats a “want”, not a “need”.

Prices are set by players, not Blizzard. Blizzard gave you a 100-150g brainless gold farm with Feralas/Hinterlands. Thats 10 hours for a trinket, keeps people complaining about that there’s “nothing to do” - right?
If 10 hours is a too big investment, then why do you even bother trying to compete with the top of the top.

1 Like

Maybe l2read before you just jump to the bottom to comment.

Iv already stated that I have both of the trinkets. And I am saying they are quite over the top and hence why its mandatory to have if you want to keep up and perform. I realize players set the prices, I am saying that the cards that form the decks should be easier to farm and less rare/drop more to keep prices more realistic, and not this broken.

Same as the Rogue bis wep is a boe which costs 3-4k gold on the AH. Sure, you have other weps you can take, but they are not bis.

But yes, if you dont care about parses or maxing out, then no, you dont need them, and you should continue enjoying the game with your Guild or pug that is willing to take you.

1 Like

And if you do care, you grind the stuff like everybody else. I struggle to understand what it is you have a problem with, the fact that “over the top” things are mandatory to perform? Isnt that quite obvious as they are, you know, “over the top”? Rewards people who invest time, much like anything in life.

1 Like