Solo Q is going to be a failure and a disaster

Maybe failure for u, but not for me becouse i sit pvp all time just got no friends to play with.
If u hate solo shuffle that much just stick to ur custom.

1 Like

My suggestion is this.

Just don’t play it.

Nobody is forcing you into it, so just stick with 2s and 3s and pretend like shuffle doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Solo shuffle leaderboards is out.

ttps://drustvar.com/leaderboard/solo?region=eu&sortby=wins

Fun to look on.

Add a h to tittle it seems i can’t post links.

I’m top suprise, even my alt Murbase is number 12 i guess i grind to much honor lvls.

Sure, but queing into LFG and waiting for miracle is 2-5 hours. No thanks. Yolo que ftw.

6 rounds of skirmish = solo q? :clown_face:

1 Like

You seem to confuse rated shuffle with unrated shuffle. Thing is, rating itself will make people invest more in it. The higher up you go, the more serious people will treat the rounds on average. But differently from the rated group queues we’ve got right now, people will not start to invest like that until they start facing a challenge.

So the rated shuffle will become more difficult on higher rating, but where it’ll become more difficult is hard to tell beforehand. But it’ll probably feel easier than the rated group queues, until the ratings where people start tryharding more. After you pass that threshold, there shouldn’t be much of a difference from the rated group queues anymore.

1 Like

Every single point you made is wrong,thats why people with low expiriance shouldnt be able to make topics in Arena Forums!

Playing around CDs and knowing how to trade against opponents is how should PvP work in this game always.Faster dampening in Solo Q will please other players which would like their normal spells dmg to matter also.People die in one shots because they dont know how well to trade cds,or their partners doesnt know how to circle around cds and cover for their team.

Queues will be instant because it will be by far most popular bracket in the game.On lower raitings there might be rly short games,just because people doesnt have the expriaince.Dont compair Solo Q now with Solo Q when you will have mmr.

Thats why Blizzard are making leaderboards for every spec in Solo Q.Its really bad to speak uninformed.

Like i said above.Solo Q will be huge in DF and Qs will be instant.

Gearing is changed to only 2 PvP sets.It will be beyond simple to gear up.There is nothing better than learn or get better in instant Arena Queues while you play against people around your mmr.

You got no suggestions because everything you said was wrong.Dont have to change the mind of hardstuck Challenger player.

He says when the expansion isn’t due to come out for 3 months max and we have no idea about tuning numbers and max gear influence

Pulling made up estimates out of thin air.

Wouldn’t this be more likely if all CD’s DIDN’T reset?

Yeah, Shadowlands solo shuffle where the differences in gear vary from 75k hp in full greens to 110k + in full Duelist.

Source?

… What? People have always wanted high sustained and slightly higher burst, never have anybody wanted high burst with low sustained damage. Nothing wrong with CD trading, but the difference between sustained and burst should never be big and the sustained should never be low.

… What? You do realise that, assuming the role requirements for matches to happen stays the same, then queue times will be determined by the amount of dps relative to the amount of healers & tanks, and then further split that up into different MMR ranges, as well as different times of day having different amounts of activity, and the possibility of server queues as well.

So to dumb it down by a lot, if you’re 4 players queuing at the same time on the same day, your queue time can be fast at low rating as a DPS at 1300 MMR, but slow at 800 MMR, but faster at 1500 MMR, but slower at 1800 MMR. So if you want fast queue times, then queue as something that gets fast queue times, like healers or tanks.

Also, tanks will likely be the easiest for climbing rating in rated solo shuffle if the system stays the same as now, since you’re only competing against the opposite tank to get 3 rounds or more, and it doesn’t matter per se how well the DPSers performs as long as you do better than the opposite tank.
The reason why it’s not as easy to climb for healers, is because synergy, teamwork and ability to play impacts the win chance a lot more for healers than it does for tanks. A tank can pretty much play his own game and not care about the rest, while a healer relies a lot more on the DPSers as well as needing to play well to keep them alive longer than the opposite healer can keep them alive. For a tank, that’s not really an issue in such a way.

1 Like

It was in a Blue post by Blizzard few weeks ago.

I think whole SL they were doing changes to make more constant dmg work out.

It will be that popular that i think it will have more than enough healers so can dps players to get insta Qs

You don’t seem to be getting it, it doesn’t matter how popular or unpopular it is. It’s all relative to each other, in the roles, as well as inherent differences depending on time of day and MMR ranges.

Meaning for every 2 dpsers, there needs to be 1 healer or tank queuing, and for every 1 healer there needs to be 1 more healer, and for every 1 tank there needs to be 1 more tank. And then it needs to be split up like that for each MMR range.
After that, depending on server loads, even server queues can become a thing, which would then impact queue times.

So it doesn’t matter if just 10k players queues, or if 1 million players queues, it’ll still be determined by the factors explained.

Where? NA forum? EU forum? Korean forum? Where? General section? Arena section? Technical support? Where?

1 Like

I can tell you for sure about the bracket of 1300-2700 there will be insta q whole day,every day

Dont wanna search for it,but it was in a blue post.Search it yourself

I’ve tried, google is coming up empty. So I’m asking you where you read it, since you’re the one claiming to know the source of it.

“Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?” - Jackie Chan

Ok, I’ll simplify it again: What do you think happens to the queue times when there’s 40 dps queuing for every 1 healer in the matchmaking queue? - It massively increases queue times for the dpsers, while keeping queue times near-instant for the healers, assuming a high flow of people queuing up for the matchmaking as you’ve proclaimed. @Shockojambo

What happens then when you’ve got 40 dpsers queuing for every 1 healer at 1300 MMR, but 2 healers queuing for every 1 dpser at 1600 MMR? - The queue time being inherently longer for DPSers 1300, but inherently longer for healers at 1600 at such a time, makes it so those two ranges of different roles will eventually meet up with more time spent in the queue, because the search parameters in the matchmaking are regularly expanding to eventually find a match.

So there are a lot of intricate parts inside their matchmaking system, and there are a lot of things that can change and affect queue times.

But the key question you must ask yourself, do you seriously believe there are 2 healers/2 tanks for every 4 dpsers that’ll queue for rated solo shuffle, in pretty much every rating range? And do you seriously believe it’ll stay like that all day every day?

1 Like

no because those “devs” will never give out conquest points for unrated.
sure if you play every day and manage to win your dailies and do the weeklies and we still have a similar cap to now, then yea you don’t need ranked for conquest, but if you want to catch up an alt, you have to jump into ranked immediately to leech conquest.
yep it is a terrible design for everyone involved, but they will never learn nor care

honestly I don’t even know why there are 2 pvp sets in the first place except to waste your freaking time

I am not hating it. If you watch carefully, the criticism is directed mostly to the pvp tuning and balancing which will make solo Q a mess.

That’s what people usually do when a mode is a failure, like timewalking raids.

It’s just one of the many problems.

Yeah right. Every round press all your cds and press 2-3 dps ability until someone dies. That’s just a mess. Nobody will play it seriously after a week.

I am not sure if I agree. More people do regular bgs than rated bgs, but rated bgs have rating system. Clearly, just having ratings is not enough.

I don’t know about this argument either. I think on top of high rated solo-q, there’s just gonna be same specs abusing 1 working method for a win. (sorry for cutting the sentences to reply).

Explain why it should be the way for the pvp? I am looking at the number of popularity of wow pvp, and it was the most popular when damage was sustained. There was CD trade, but THAT WAS NOT THE ONLY THING to do. Making pvp entirely on CD TRADE makes it a card game, like hearthstone.

Hm, how come you know my experience? Are you the one of the type that thinks only 2000+ ratings understand arenas?

Ok, so you saying if I just press a defensive cd, I won’t die for pala wings? You sure you are “experienced” player?

And what ratings are we discussing here exactly? As far as I know, people should be able to play casually too and make tones of mistakes because they are on low ranks (just like me).

Are you clueless? How are you expecting the queues be instant if 90% players are dps and the rest are healers?

Why?

And the leaderboard is helping to balance the specs? What exactly are you speaking here?

And like I replied, it won’t.

Already explained why this isn’t gonna happen.

Oh ye, come brag about your ratings here lol. Just a secret for you, nobody cares about your ratings. And this might be shockers for you, ratings do not add validity to your arguments. I know this might be a hard pill to swallow, but I think someone has to tell you.

No, I am saying it by watching pvpers in beta. And, the devs never mentioned about this change, so I assume (I put emphasis on this already) that it’s gonna be the same.

You could use your brains, but why would you, right? If 90% of people are dps, how are you expecting faster queues?

No, because if you start the round with all your cds on timer, you won’t be able to burst someone to death.

No, I’ve seen full geared shuffles too, it’s not a big difference.

That’s not how things work. People won’t re-roll from dps to healer just because of solo Q. Overall, there are more DPS than healers in the game, for all the mods. You can’t change it.

Always wondered about this, btw. I wish I could get full pvp gear by spamming bgs, but it was never an option, and I would never understand why.

You’re confusing quality with quantity. Quantity is not relevant for investment. People invest in the outcome when it matters to them more. Do you see people care about unrated as much as you see them care about rated?

To make it simpler, people tryhard more the more they want to win. So the more they care about winning, the more they’ll try to win. Which making it rated is what will make it different, in the way already explained in previous posts.

1 Like

Ah yes, the handful of beta streamers that play against comp stomp NPC skill level players. A true reflection, it really is.

When I’ve just called you out for pulling numbers out of thin air, it isn’t the smartest move to go and pull another number out of thin air. You can go and compare the % of Dps to healers on xunamate.

Also if the queues are struggling because of lack of healers, they can simply incentivise the bracket the same way they do in BG’s for low faction numbers and dungeons with role bonuses.

You’re telling me a full duelist geared player vs 3 70-90k hp enemies is ‘not a big difference’? Christ, I need to retire from this clown fiesta.

maybe otherwise no queues would pop in rated… after all you need to have a good base participation in any queue system so that you are not always getting same opponents or wait 5h.

I mean you can see with the dead season right now, my bg queues on the german realm morning/night never pop, not even after 1h

Bro, you`re a mage, for you all melee specs are d+ :))