Solo Shuffle CR change

no problem other than system not giving rating for wins :slight_smile:

leaving always been part of the arenas once people dont want fight no more

It’s the mindset that needs to change, because 3-3 or 4-2 is not a win. It’s 3 rounds won, 3 lost, and 4 rounds won 2 lost. Then CR you get is based on the MMR.

That’s how it has to be.

EDIT: maybe the only thing blizz can change is to highlight this in post match summary more, to make it easier to understand.

1 Like

yep, i am aware of that but it has nothing to do with how the system deny u ur score now if it dont “go trough full 6 rounds”

if i win 2 rounds and im on 3rd round from where some leaves i want score for 3 rounds then cos those i won

this whole 6 round design is bad :slight_smile:

just like the match end when first person dies concept which is just weird and unrealistic

OK, agreed here. Unfinished shuffle should end up with rating allocation as well. That for me is a part of “leavers fix”

That’s just to make it faster, so healers won’t kite you for 100 hours around pillars. Or rogue sit in stealth. That’s good.

EDIT: Maybe they could make it last couple seconds after the kill, to enable more potential cross kills, but in the other hand, would that really give us any benefits? Personally I like how it’s handled right now with game ending once 1 person dies.

ye but its unreal :slight_smile:

many times ive 1v2 some double dd team on this game as rsham if my teammate dies without press any defensives early on their go

so why would i be punished by people in team play bad if it could be still winnable :smiley:

I guess it’s a trade off. Sometimes we cannot hard carry, but at least we make rounds faster, and we don’t promote toxic behaviours like running in stealth for 30 minutes.

I can completely understand you do not like it, because the solution has its pros and cons. I just say that I do like it :smiley:

1 Like

ik they wont do any changes on it anymore but i cant help but just wonder why it cant be like regular 3v3 but with just random comp

one round of 3v3 starts and it ends when last person of one team hits the ground or taps out :man_shrugging:

dunno what would be harm of it

ye, you tell me

2 Likes

looks like a well designed mode

not like it had year of paid beta testing and tons of feedback :smiley:

heh u got same rog there on 2 different match too he was on same boat with u

Giving full rating for 4 round and leavers ending is a bad idea. Cause for example 1 player could be awful and u played with him 3 times already.

But giving SOME rating would be great.

I have just finished another leavers game… had a tilt of loosing games, a good one witch was ended by a leaver.

Give 150 rating loose and 150 MMR loose and it all ends.
People are abusing the system more and more everyday, one week ago the were three times less leavers.
Now if u take something like 4 wins and on a 5th game u pray. Sometimes it helps sometimes not.

1 Like

Agree on the leavers… was just winning all 4/4 games on Blades Edge (worst map for a hunter, at least for me) and someone left because they got tilted. 0 CR again and all the effort gone to vain :confused:

Not sure what the fix is here though. If they remove the 0 CR rule and the “tilter” messed up games for other people, they will obviously be affected negatively by a - CR.

I guess the 0 CR could stay but the repeated leavers need to be punished more severely?

Are you sure it isn’t because some dog decided to leave on the same second someone was about to die on the last round?

Had it happen twice now to me.

I tanked like 120 MMR after one 2-4 loss, and all but one of those losses were bleeding edge… like any damaging ability used on target at all would’ve reversed the outcomes

That doesn’t feel right honestly.

As a healer, 3/6 should be 0 and 4/6 already a solid amount. 20-40 +rating. Same but - for anything below 3. Increase heals (reduce dampening) and reduce interrupts, nerf some melee classes, especially with slows and stuns, and give ranged more mobility. Ta-da, RSS is fixed.

Too bad Blizzard’s giving us the cold shoulder right now.

You actually need to leave a game, drop your CR below your MMR, then you get good CR game for next few

No, it has to do with the meaning of rating. You’ve played those rounds. You can’t just get the wins and not the losses when someone leaves, or else it’d be weak to exploitation and cause further inflation. It’d also cause the rating to fail its purpose, which is to figure out where people belong.
For example, right now when nobody gets any rating gains & losses when someone abandons, it’s completely preventing the rating system from doing what it needs to do. It’s also causing a massive problem in wasting people’s time. It’s also causing people to leave just to spite as well.

As for the dead weights, first of all the frequency of people leaving needs to be addressed in the design. But it can’t be dealt with too severely, or else it affects the innocent players too harshly too, such as those who gets a DC out of their control or their child cries out for their attention, and so on.
And the existence of dead weights can be dealt with in the design in different ways, but the most direct way to deal with it would be in the matchmaking itself. But if there’s no room to address with it in the matchmaking, then it can be mitigated in the way it rewards rating gains & losses. Which you can read about here: Suggestion to fix the rating system in shuffle

One simple and instant solution they could add right away is when someone leaves this person gets the severe -rating which is about 100-150 I think. Split this rating among the others equally, this circumvents any problems of calculating rating for wins or losses unfairly. It’s solo queue, does not reward gladiator and honestly queues would be way better for the vast majority enjoying the game.

Solo shuffle should be taken serious, but not so serious that they can not implement fixes. Do this, leaver gets minus rating and that rating is split upon the other five who stayed.

that woud be slow af trough

For guaranteed rating, I doubt needing to invest time would prevent people from doing it.

Been through this a few times. A round where literally a global would’ve given me the kill. 3/6 either becoming -30 rating or 0 rating gained, while i was the one causing all the killing blows and staying alive.