Solo Suffle killed the game

The addition of solo suffle has resulted in regular 2v2/3v3 being killed off completely. The reason why is because all the bad players between 1500-2200 who for example never could play for any of the real rewards of 3v3 have no reason to play anything but solo suffle now.

1500-2200 is around 95% of all players so if you have 95% of the player base quit regular arena for suffle the result is exactly what you are seeing, the most deflated ladder of all time in the games history.

If you go and look at the old game with server spesific battle groups from like TBC, the most dead/low pop battlegroup still had higher ratings than what we have now. This will result in even more people quitting since the ones who normally would play for gladiator each season have now all quit as well since you have to be in top 50 facing tournament players for your glad wins which is not realistic for most of these players. The end result is that 2v2 no longer exists as a bracket and 3v3 is only played by tournament players for practice and top r1s who play for the title. Everyone else has either quit the game completely or changed to PvE like myself.

26 Likes

hard agree, I remember warning about solo q how it will be the worst thing ever added but the combatants outnumber us 100 to 1 so blizz will listen to them obviously.

6 Likes

it also had a different rating system, and teams created started on 1500 rating for most of the seasons in TBC.

That’s just hyperbolic, there are people who miss the social aspect or even prefer the social aspect in the normal ladders, over the shuffle environment.
There are also those who are unhappy with shuffle, one of main complaints being the rating system in it, and chooses to stay away from shuffle entirely because of it or due to some other complaint or all of the complaints and therefore goes back to the normal ladders’ ecosystem that the game has had for so many years now.

Besides, Blizzard can crank up the artificial inflation if they want to at any time, or they can redesign the reward structure to match the reduced popularity of the normal ladders (in other words they can reduce the rating requirements for rewards).

2 Likes

ty for the topic
While I was writing my topic on the forum, yours appeared.

1 Like

Wasn’t the point of 2s & 3s to prove how good your team is?

Weren’t all those 1.5-2.2k players just free wins for a great player like yourself?
How did beating them ever prove your greatness?

Wouldn’t an elite player like you be glad that all of us trash have gotten out of your way so you can focus on playing against other elite teams to prove your superiority?

Has it gotten much harder now that there aren’t many weak teams to farm? :thinking:

29 Likes

2000-2200 is considered bad?

1 Like

Yes, it is unrewarding for 95% of the playerbase witch is why it’s not played.

Arena is still more fun than shuffle but it requires friends, time and effort.

Most players just want to get home and play some games witch is just what solo shuffle have to offer.

14 Likes

I’ve heard on stream that greatest of great have trouble to play against each other because they play in different time and other r1 shady sh1t.

Yeah, the most average of average 1.6k players also have trouble with shady r1 booster sh1t too.

3 Likes

btw I strongly disagree with the lack of a social aspect, there is witty banter in ss lobby between games and even more, for example, today some priest forced Pshero to kamikadze attack enemy healer or he goes afk, it was very entertaining

Maybe the people dont like 2s and 3s and had until now no alternativ. Maybe the majority just want to play some rounds at the evening and dont want to search hours for teammates. I mean when all the bad players are leaving regular arena then you should be happy. You and the other elitists dont get disturbed while you are stroking your epeen.

16 Likes

If everyone’s left for solo shuffle, why aren’t the queues 1 minute?

It’s more about u not getting an inv in custom.

Nobody wanna sit in custom for hours no inv, then leave 1 lose.

5 Likes

Oh no the sweaty FOTM rerollers who also got stable teams and voice communication have no way to stomp uncoordinated players anymore!!1!1 blizzard must fix this asap

13 Likes

Because theres 5-7x more DPS players in Q compared to healers

2 Likes

to this day, i did expect the whole forum to be INVADED with posts against it, but i still can’t understand why… like, BRUH go play pet battles. why do youj play something you hate so much, move on.

Solo Shuffles the best addition tbh. No horrible LFG experience with people that leave after one game or one lose, just log in, press que, do some dailys, farm professions, dont interact with anyone, just wait for the que and have fun for 6 rounds.

For healers at nearly any range the que at best lasts 10 seconds if youre very generous.

9 Likes

Solo shuffle is great mode overall. Blizzard should just make old modes attractive again. Like bring back rating requirement to upgrade gear and make those achievable in arena only. Leave only cosmetic and prestige reward in Solo Shuffle (unique ones), so there is also a reason to play it. Why are we supposed to get same rewards in a modes which a totally different? why not just give BIS gear on a normal BG then?

2 Likes

Stop being picky for invites then, u all need glad invs for 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3, if u was not that picky it’s all good, it’s u that made this.

im sorry but a handful of r1 people vs 100000s of 1400 rated players

its WAY more healthly if the majority want solo Q
a handful of r1s are not gonna pay the bills

we should never change a game based on the top 5 players at r1, thats less than 0.1% of the wow population

• SoloQ should be on every bracket imo. even RBG
11 Likes