Solution to noobish WM behaviour

If you don’t like warmode don’t use it, simple as that. You could have done WQs with warmode off and reap more rewards and faster than writing this post.
I disabled WM on occasions and didn’t seemed I was loosing stuff (except missing the PvP abilities). If I cannot get a group going to repel an alliance group I turn WM off, is as simple as going to the nearest inkeeper(or the whistle) and click a button.
People like you are just lazy and expect everything to be rewarded to you just because you log in.

2 Likes

How can you not get a group as horde? lol… This is the typical fights as alliance. Me(as shaman) and a random hunter ended up fighting 2x rogues and a disc priest on a WQ. They failed horribly and went LFG tool to run us over with 10 people even when they started the fight.

Fine I just waited untill those people cleared the area It’s all fine and dandy. So me and the hunter could finnish up the WQ.

I used my whistle ended up in a fight with a kittie druid, he got helped by a warlock… However that hunter from earlier showed up and we managed to deal with the kittie and started to slowly whittle down the warlock. Suddenly mass hordes spawned in trought the LFG tool again…

This is the typical WM experience as a alliance player going solo. Not that I mind it pretty much since it’s a no rule PvP mode afterall. The LFG tool sort of both allows players to even the odds, but many players use it just to grief a otherwise natural WPvP scenario.

2 Likes

Hot drop. Happens a lot since the start of BfA. Someone makes LFG with something catchy, like “Bounty at this specific location of FP or WQ”, converts is to the raid but doesn’t invite anyone until there is a target. Once any target shows up - mass invite…

Works every time, but it’s kinda lame when someone uses it to hot drop on 1-2 players. Well, everybody have their own fun in War Mode.

That’s usually the only real problem.

1 Like

Yeah I used to see it rarely earlier in the expansion. But the past few weeks it’s been very common and even if I don’t like to complain, it do get me salty at times. Cause natural WPvP are one of the few forms of PvP I acctually still enjoy. These methods are just from my PoV lame, not as lame as those mass groups/individuals setting up camp fires at flightpoints thou.

But I suppose it’s karma. I enjoy trying to challenge unoccupied hordes relentlessly at least once before moving on. I don’t really enjoy killing players who are in the middle of a fight with enemy NPC’s since those kills cause durability loss(Unless it’s a revenge kill against someone doing it to me, then i won’t hold back). Another thing i don’t do are corpse camping since well, RP so dead is dead. :roll_eyes:

Nah, it can be annoying, but not nearly as those who attack you, can’t win and “phase-out” to get away. That gets me salty more and more because it happens more and more. Feels like everybody run around with one finger on LFG nowadays.

I use hot drops only to fight / get away if I found myself in a camp situation and there is no other option except hd or a long wait. Prep, mass invite, mass battle, kill a few and glide into the sunset. Beats waiting for campers to move away anyway. But yeah, when all that phasing in and out happens right in your face - it’s always breaks immersion and feels meh.

1 Like

Yeah LFG tool woes I suppose. :roll_eyes:
It’s also the one reason why horde outnumbering alliance or the overwhelming odds hysteria, have built up into the big controversy It have become.

On one hand I whould gladly disable LFG tool in WM like in a way; Use LFG tool, you automaticly leave WM but then return to WM automaticly once you leave the group. But this only count if you form a group using the tool in the first place, just manually inviting people whould change nothing. That way global defence and sharding whould stay more balanced.

But on the other hand, LFG tools so convenient and it whould upset so many players to have restrictions to it.

Why do people keep bringing up Arena in a War Mode forum. Yes, Arena requires skill to progress, how is that relevant to an unrated game mode? WM is fun kills, not rated progression.

WPvP = no rules, random numbers of variable skill opponents, random situations, unrated, fun if you like randomness.

Arena = rules, fixed number of similar skill opponents, fixed situations, rated, fun if you don’t like randomness.

They are two different things, they do not compare.

4 Likes

You have server instancing to thank for the complete rooster-up that is world pvp right now.

Most of your faction members will be phased out of existence and it will be you vs several killsquads of the opposing faction.

I know. I don’t get it either.

Group up, that’s WPvP in an mmo.

1 Like

But where was the grouping up from alliance between launch and 8.1? I only saw alliance grouping up on the forums and crying about unfair treatment until Blizzard had enough of the tears and changed it in 8.1. Had dungeon finder existed on the alliance side from launch we wouldn’t even be here right now.

1 Like

The forum Alliance had as much mindset troubles grouping up then, as forum Horde have grouping up now. Been saying all along to group up, and received plenty abuse for it hehe.

However, in-game Horde and Alliance don’t seem to have difficulty grouping up and retaliating. There seems a difference between forum complainers, and those that actually WPvP.

3 Likes

Again proves why Blizzard shouldn’t take the forum whiners seriously. Horde has trouble grouping up? yesterday we were completely stomped by 40+ ppl horde raid during the invasion.

2 Likes

Exactly, non issue in-game :+1:

1 Like

And alliance absolutely stomped horde during the invasion in Zuldazar tonight with their raid group. I mean you got the bonus mostly because of the pve players complaining on the forums about “unfair warmode”. When I was done on my horde characters and logged on to my main I killed horde players 1 by 1 even though I would be outnumbered 5 to 1 at the raptor area because of pathetic pve players who have warmode on expecting to not get killed in wpvp. I actually managed to complete Against Overwhelming Odds all alone just by killing pve players 1 by 1 because they were acting like mindless bots going full on pve mode.
This unfair advantage for one faction is not a functional solution unless Blizzard was thinking “Nah alliance have complained so much about horde racials being superior so let’s give them hell of an unfair advantage to make up for all that”(wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why they did this). It comes down to sharding most of the time. If you shard in to the wrong server you’re screwed.

The problem with your solution of finding 9 or more players is that, you cannot complete any quests (other than the ones for killing elite/rare mobs), when in a raid group…

But sure - I did this myself more than once, tried doing Invasion quests, only to find an Alliance raid farming us moving from one quest to another, and so on…
So tried moving shards by changing groups. Most of the time worked. Sometimes didn’t - found a similar situation or even more gankers… But usually at that point I was p… off enough to look for (or form my own) 40 man group and just issue some sweet revenge. Last time we did that it was actually quite entertaining, and we even ended up raiding the local town/hub that belongs to Alliance, almost moved in there permanently.

SO yeah - I find the whole multiple large groups of Alliance camping us in WQ locations super annoying, but then usually I find solutions (other than switching WM off), and if nothing helps, then I usually change my plans (give up on the quest(s) for now) and look for more people who want to exact some swift retribution to the silly followers of the boy king !

For The Horde !
Never Give Up, Never Surrender !

2 Likes

Not a problem, kill em, leave raid, then quest.

That’s true WPvP.

This.

1 Like

It’s because all the PvE realms are sharded so you’ll see realms that aren’t even supposed to be there… and the joys of LFG zergs. Warmode is the worse implementation I have ever seen it ruined WPvP completely because people only do warmode for the extra rewards not for PvP. Sad times.

Reading this got me thinking…
World quests really get in the way of a good warmode experience, don’t they?
Because most players might just get these world quests over with and don’t bother grouping and by the time they’re done should they have struggled through a raid or two to the point where they just feel like doing something else entirely.

In my opinion, we need an entirely new set of WQ’s tailored specifically for warmode, with warmode/pvp related objectives and rewards (and maybe allow for raid grouping because that seems to be the warmode meta anyway)

That won’t fix everything, but if WQ objectives in warmode were pvp then well there’d be no real way around it and it would actually encourage players fight eachother at regions then move on eventually rather then just sticking around to grief the other side and prevent them from completing anything

There’s a mix of player types with different motivations in WM. I actually like that. The existing wqs are PvE reward to some players, and hunting grounds to others. That makes them a PvP objective that can be controlled for efficient killing. The pathways between wqs are good for 1v1. Bounties and air drops are fun random PvP objectives. Assault qs are just amped up wqs with a bit of conquest.

Opponent quality varies, that’s ok, even with PvP only rewards it would be no different. Look at random bgs.

As someone that mainly WPvPs, I’m happy enough with the current WM, a PvE+PvP game mode. But if Blizz want to go to the trouble of reworking WM to be PvP only, I’d play that!

It would be cool if they at least add an extra element to BfA zones, like a unifying weekly q that requires WM activity, or an additional random PvP objective along the lines of bounty/air drop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.