Solution to premades

I don’t think premades should be removed. Players should be able to queue up with their friends.

However, let’s be under no illusion that the majority of premades in the current meta are good buddies, comrades, playing together for fun and lolz.

The 2020 meta is completely different to 2006 as most premade players HATE the others in their group as they are all directly competing.
In a premade vs premade game, the team that loses Blacksmith or goes 0-1 in WSG will give up and allow a quick defeat to move on to the next game and maximize honor. I’ve been there, done the grind.

It is not gameplay.

SOLUTION: remove the Deserter debuff for leaving a game where the enemy team is at least 70% all from the same server (unless your team is also 70% from the same server).

This is a fair compromise. The solo queue player can move on to the next game and hopefully find a decent match. The premade will either fight a PUG that have the balls and patience to fight back, or they can sit around in a BG with no enemies and claim their honor and epix.

Everybody wins. The meta will shift and balance itself based on player attitude.

1 Like

Or Blizzard can do absolutely nothing and players can realise that wow classic is a team game rather than a solo one.

Why do I even bother? I’m pretty certain you made this exact same thread not all that long ago.

…Hey look, I’m right as usual. Here we have this waste of space from July 4th:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/premades-lets-do-it/163106

You even went for the same “lol premades hate each other, I know because i dont premade” narrative there too!

7 Likes

Vanilla was not even nearly as much team play back in the days that it is now. Ppl couldn’t even communicate as much and as easy as now remember.

This isn’t Vanilla, it’s a re-creation of an old game.

How about no and you finally accept that the game is going to stay as is and move on already.

3 Likes

Ye but the ranking system is the same as vanilla, and it was made for the possibilities to communicate and cooperate as was possible at that time. And how it’s done now was not possible at that time

Level 60 is full of premades forget about it. Bracket 50-59 is pug friendly and Im considering to farm 57-60 BGs as twink only all the way to rank10 atleast or 14 if possible in a low populated ally server to achieve my goal .

Trying to mix a compromise in a recreation is like mixing water and oil.

Didn’t they try to compromise in retail? How did that turn out?

Why can’t people just adapt instead of asking for changes? Adapting to this problem is not unreasonable at all. Just play group pvp as a group.

The only thing different from back then is X-realm battlegrounds; something a large portion of the Classic playerbase were against.

You think it was impossible for people to communicate in the day? No. Discord is efficient, but people still had access to the forums. They still could have made cross-faction MSN and Ventrilo rooms.

No I don’t say it was impossible, I’m saying it was a mote more unconvinient and therefore happened a lot less.

So a direct effect of programs like discord, we have A LOT more premades which makes the experience of classic A LOT DIFFERENT from vanilla.

And what ppl wanted was to experience vanilla again, wasn’t it?

I don’t think anyone asked for or expected blizzard to copy some arbitrary player experience from 2004 in 2020. People asked for and expected a copy of the software. At least I did.

I think it’s totally reasonable to ask blizzard to fix exploits and bugs and such, but it’s not reasonable to ask them to make changes in a recreation of a game that is working as intended to fit some arbitrary memory of how some people believe they remember it to have felt.

On this topic specifically we are talking about groups of players playing group pvp content in a group and using the system for what it’s intended for. That’s it. Anyone can adapt to this situation by doing the same. Play group content in a group.

What would it change? You leave, someone will be backfilled in your place and he will have to play a half empty team or leave again. It could work on alliance side where you would get into a different game instantly but not on the horde side.

The players are different now to what they were in Vanilla, that’s what makes us have more premades, not things like discord.

More people play efficiently with a goal in mind, rather than logging in and mindlessly jumping solo into a battleground to mid farm.

What people wanted then, was a pipedream. Each person’s experience of Vanilla was completely different, and some people’s experiences completely contradict the experience of somebody else.

Lets use spell batching as an example: that was added to create artificial lag to make the game “feel” more like Vanilla. Except, somebody don’t remember lagging in Vanilla. Not everybody played with awful internet connection, so by recreating the experience of those that did, you’ve contradicted the experience of those that didn’t.

Furthermore, spell batching sucks. Blizzard added something to try and make the game feel more like Vanilla, and it plain old sucked. Why would they add more restrictions then?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.