Some adjustments should be done to some racials

I’m not even talking about outliers like shadowmeld which is obvious.

Let’s have a look at racials and how I personally would tweak them a lil

Undead
Here what pisses me off is how Will of the Forsaken, while working on sleep charm fear somehow doesnt work on… horror (i.e. mortal coil like effects) which makes no sense and seems like oversight. Also, I wish it was more consistent in instances - it feels like 50% of time you can racial your way out of boss/trash fear and 50% of time you can’t… sadge.

Forsaken should also get one small racial… small % reduction to bleed damage… how can bloodless creatures even bleed? For gameplay reasons they have to but it should be reflected somehow. 1% less bleed damage wouldn’t be game breaking as some races have stronger damage reductions anyway.

Also - why don’t forsaken have alchemy racial bonus? Ever seen their apothecaries? :smiley:
And rework cannibalize - in vanilla it made sense when you had low HP regeneration, now you never need it rly

Tauren
TBH, I’d love them to get a racial bonus when they get fall damage they do small AoE to enemies within 8 years or so xD

Troll
There lore-based regeneration should be addressed a little bit more imo. A specific approach is less relevant.

Blood elves
Idk, they seem fine but maybe something like “pocket mirror” to have a barber at will? Would be hilarious :stuck_out_tongue:

Magh’ar Orc
I give up here - the most meaningless and forced race in game - dont even know their racials O.O

Pandaren
idk but some alcohol side effect resistance would be in order :smiley:

Vulpera
OK, here I think they should buff/rework bag of tricks. it’s useless as of now except small self heal on healless classes… plus the variation of the tricks are low and pointless.

Also - some tradeskill in engineering or crafting would be in order - they are scavengers using stuff they find etc… it’s obvious it should be here

Nightborne
Seem fine to me.

Humans
OP racials (PVP trinket + rep) … only some nerf is in order.

Gnomes
Add “leprosy” as active racial - some poison/disease dot or something XD

Night elves
Nerf shadowmeld, nuff said

Draenei
They seem fine and I have 2 draenei so I’m objective - I like their racials.

Dwarves
Alcohol resistance flavor racial?

Dracthyr
Plz remove CD from soar… what’s the point of the CD on it anyway? IT’s just mount without mount…

Add fire resistance racial… dragons breathing fire with no fire resi???

Add customization to visage - let us be vulpera/dwarf/elf…

Kul Tiran
OP racials - but I wouldn’t change stuff imo.

Worgen
add Face bite racial or something - bleed + dmg xD

Goblin
Add a racial that requires in-game gold to use… e.g. pay 1 gold to summon a coin operated assistant that deals dmg or whatever - a flavor thing - they get vendor discount so it wouldnt be problematic - make it outdoor only too so it’s just fun?

Mechagnomes
Give a racial that if your mechagnome dies in game it gets deleted and you can’t make another mechagnome O.O

U got any ideas to tweak some racials? Let’s not focus on outliers tho we know shadowmeld is ridick OP etc

Totally objective… don’t touch what I play, but nerf/modify others :rofl:

You are not objective. You never have been and never will be.

1 Like

uh i mean, they arent particularly strong? people say gift of naaru is weak, JC bonus is eh if u not JC but basically there is small primary stat buff that is fine for any class, unlike Nightborne that have bonus for casters or spell melees but not e.g. for warriors?
Gift of the naaru has long CD but it’s a nice button to press. and most modifications I suggested are additions, mostly flavorful - you are just a hater at this point if u jump to this conclusion of all the list. GL

I would honestly play a worgen if they let me hide weapons and use claws and bites as a rogue or warrior, or as a feral druid let me use the wolf form for feral.

2 Likes

Coming soon on the ingame cash store for the small small fee of £30 (not account wide).

1 Like

I’d welcome a Update/Overhaul of the Racials.
I wouldn’t exactly do what you suggested but when you compare some of the Allied Races or newer classes even you notice that they seem to be more substance to em and more modern, aswell as more QoL stuff going on and it would be cool that they would change depending on class choice. Expansive Mind 5% mana increase is kind of Pointless to a Priest or non healer caster class other then maybe arcane mage.

I want to suggest a change to vulpera - total removal.

1 Like

How is the Human racial op?
yes, it remove all slow and CC effect, but once and it has it shared CC with trinkets which had the same effect, and one its used you cant instalty CC`d again.
And the Cooldown ist pretty long with 3 minuets, so how is that OP?

I heard they even nerf it years ago because horde players seemingly cry about “mimimi op…nerf!” while the b11 retain therir op 1minuet CD silence…

1 Like

You heard wrong boss, everyone complained about it. Your faction included cause arena PVP was dominated by humans.

oh yeah…and thats why PvP is totaly Horde dominated…

(and again, i just hear it, never noticed the nerf, seemingly it must be befor i start…around wotlk)

“- they get vendor discount so it wouldnt be problematic”
this post reminded me that the goblin racial doesnt work with any of the new factions, dont remember it working in shadowlands either

I agree with what I think you’re implying regarding Shadowmeld.

The CD is too long and the abilty could be better, adjustments are needed. Shorter CD and add a teleport or the ability to move. Maybe both.

How? :smiley: How to nerf this?
Stealth is stealth.

You want it to be like “Camouflage” (hunter`s ability)? To expire after 1 min or so.

Well - human characters in PVP don’t play PvP trinket a lot - have 2 dps trinkets and use racial. So it’s OP - not as bas it used to be but it is imo…
And I believe it has some PvE applications as well, like forsaken racial?

If you did PvP, you’d know how bonkers OP shadowmeld is.
For rogue/druid = extra vanish on short CD.

For anyone else… they can stop attacks, semi-immunity for a second - the number of times I was denied a kill on a night elf in arena because of shadowmeld on 1% is ridiculous. It’s OP

How to nerf? Well, maybe increase CD for starters - or at least make some adjustment for rogue/druid that idk it shares CD with vanish in some way?

If you think shadowmeld is about stealth only… KEK you never played the end game?

I really want to punch you in da face right now :slight_smile:
Dont abjust/touch “Shadowmeld” !!!

Night elf rogue/druid player detected?

u fine with other furry-oriented races like tauren (bull), worgen (Wolf), tuskarr (walrus), pandaren (Duh), draenei (unguligrade anthro space goat), dracthyr (lizard/dragon anthro is scale = furry fandom character type).
YET YOU DRAW THE LINE AT VULPERA? - i saw the list of all furry-like races in WoW - you’d be in for a treat to see how many of them are furry/scalie ^^

Huh, funny :slight_smile:

Makes sense, but in the grand scheme of things, compared to other racials, it doesn’t make it more viable.

this post isn’t even about making things viable - just some missing fun/sensible racials.
Another racial forsaken are missing is alchemy prof bonus - half the stories of Forasken quests is about alchemical stuff (plague and whatnot)… how come forsaken have no alchemy bonus? :smiley:

Wanting racials to be a bit more quirky shouldn’t piss you off, wanting them to be viable is what should.

And I agree, Will of the Forsaken should work on horrors.