Somehow, Legion was some people's favourite expansion

I loved the whole o Suramar, the looks and the questing.

To all who enjoyed Legion, I have a few questions:

Did you play the game before Legion, or was it your first time in WoW?
How did you feel about class design?
Didnā€™t you prefer your class in previous expansions?
Donā€™t you miss all the tools and unique abilities you lost?

The thing that shocks me the most is really how theyā€™ve been handling class design since Legion. I donā€™t know how you guys do it, because it was just so boring to me.

4 Likes

Why did dueling die? I was trying to search for this for months and couldnā€™t find it.
Someone answer please?

It started slowly dying in Legion because of Legendary items & trinkets being enabled in world PvP (whatā€™s the point of dueling someone who has Prydaz & Kilā€™jaedenā€™s burning wish?), as well as the simple fact that PvP is the one part of the game that suffers the most from bad class design since itā€™s the only thing itā€™s built upon. Fewer PvP players = fewer people to duel with.

It completely died in BFA because the gear is so important and creates such a gap, thereā€™s just no point anymore.

5 Likes

Smh for many players legion is defined by patch 7.3.5 and they conveniently forget the 18 months of issues legion had.

3 Likes

Well I was BM back in TBCā€¦ then MM from Wrath thru Legionā€¦ Iā€™m now back with BM, couldnā€™t get comfortable with MM in BfA. it felt very underpowered, compared to BM.

You are incorrect with this one. I think first time gated campaign style questline was introduced in patch 5.1. So Legion didnā€™t introduced it.

Legion is my favorite expansion. It was amazing for casual play with great incetinve to roll alts(different stories for campaigns). Still I donā€™t hate BfA itā€™s a moderate expansion. There are fun things to do but the story is meh. And i realy like Kul Tiras.

2 Likes

I legit only played hunter since Legoin(thats when i started) and only stayed hunter until like 2-3 weeks ago, for me hunter class design was awesome. Up until BFA where i had to get used to revamps. Iā€™m 100% not the expert on WoW but hunter class feels awesome.

i miss a few abilities from Legion, heavily.

1 Like

I can understand why you enjoy it if you only knew it in its Legion state.
I wish you had experience it prior to Legion however. It felt awesome in Cataclysm especially, as Marksmanship.

Surely you can imagine how I feel about the abilities we lost in Legion then. And we lost way more from WoD to Legion than from Legion to BFA.

6 Likes

My favourite zone was Valā€™sharah I still level my alts through that place, Azsuna was also good, their common point is they are both Alliance related zones. I dislike Highmountain and Vrykul zone was subpar but it was not bad.

Suramar was pretty good, Broken Shore was bad, Argus was bad. They both felt like prison.

Class stories made players pay attention to quests, that was a big plus for Legion. There were still tier sets a plus again. PvP scaling was disgusting.

I donā€™t think Legion was 10/10 but it deserves a 8/10 at least because of Mage Towers, I didnā€™t acquire them at that time but still that content deserves some appreciation.

2 Likes

I hate Legion. Got a lot of people mad at me for that when it was current. Highly overrated expansion.

8 Likes

4 Likes

It was the best thing a proper PvP player could hope for actually: being rewarded not by your gear, but by skill alone.
Only bad people who miss two-shotting undergeared alts hated Legion templates.

2 Likes

It made PvP boring and that is my opinion. Gear must matter, if I spent 50 hours into gearing and you spent 1 hour you must not be able to compete against me because I am much more experienced compared to you and spent more time.

I like equal fights more than one sided ones believe me, I could even win 2v3 arena match after 7 minutes of 2v3ā€¦this proves you wrong because Iā€™m not a baddie. Challenge is what makes PvP good but not like that.

4 Likes

People love the ā€œoptionā€ of having their 4 bars full of spells, yet most only made use of half of them, since the rest were bloat.

I like how streamlined and crucial each spell is now.

Grinding more PvE does not make you more experience in PvP.
If you want to win against someone you would have lost to had he had the same gear as you, then youā€™re a pretty terrible PvP players in my opinion.

Then this half could just leave them in their spellbook, and let the other half enjoy them. They didnā€™t hurt, and they did not have to be removed.
Their removal massacred PvP, because these niche spells WERE useful.

Scare beast for example, a Hunter spell thatā€™s gone.
Worthless in PvE, therefore pruned, ā€œstreamlinedā€ as you say.
You could use it to fear a druid in PvP. You could potentially ruin a Feral burst, or incapacitate a fleeing healer.
You canā€™t anymore, you lost the option to do so. Thatā€™s one display of skill thatā€™s gone, and there are so many more.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s an oversight on my part, my bad. Well, I guess we have the ā€œunpruningā€ in Shadowlands to look forward to.

2 Likes

It is up there for me, itā€™s easy to name a list of bad things but Legion had a lot of redeeming features to it where BFA had nothing.

• The weapon traits
  • AP farm wasnā€™t actually an issue then unless you were burning yourself out on Maw of Souls because there was no way to farm it that was just better then everything in every way by a large margin (IEā€™s)
  • Legendaries
  • 6 PvP talents

Esp. the pvp talents and legendaries, this gave a lot of costumization to your playstyle, unlike Traits, where it is just very obvious which trait is the best for your spec and thatā€™s the one youā€™re taking everywhere you go.

Personally, if the AP grind felt a bit more rewarding and didnā€™t scale to extreme heights, with having a cap on it, it would be perfectly fine.

That I can agree with. I still miss my Totem-Bar on my Shaman, and I quite liked Single-Minded Fury.

Time-gated content: Yeah, it can go away.
World Quests however I donā€™t mind. But again, they ought to be more rewarding to make them seem more worthwhile than how they are now.

That is a fairly odd specialization, yesā€¦ With how it seems to kill things effortlessly and, quite literally, have a rotation that consists of two buttons.

Who cares about that though? Considering there have been a lot more lorebending things happening before that.

Only positive thing that came from the PvP changes was the template system for battlegrounds. Which they recently removed and now I find myself not playing PvP anymore.

Was that a thing though? Huh.

2 Likes

Dueling was very much a thing.

And this is not a ā€œstreamer serverā€ thing. This was on every server. You would always find like 10 to 20 people on this spot to duel with between two battleground/arena queues. You could spend your whole WoW playtime doing ONLY PvP. And I miss it.
2 Likes