Spamming chat with the non local language should be bannable

Having been playing and enjoying a lot of classic, the one thing that’s been annoying me to no end, to the point of the game basically being a single player experience, is the amount of rude spanish players. Having been unfortunate enough to roll on stonespine, the apparent spaniard home now, the entire general and trade chat is near enough entirely spanish.

I don’t understand, scandinavians, french, etc all play on english servers, but at least have the decency to speak the local language in public channels. Why is this beyond the abilities of the spanish? I’ll probably even get called racist for this, and in game i’ve seen the argument that it’s an “EU” server. It’s an EU - English server. Either speak the local language or shut up. I get it sucks you guys don’t have your own servers, but neither do the danes, or swedes, and they are happy enough to fit in with the target demographic. Then most of them have the balls to get angry at it when you call them out. If i went on a french server, and exclusively spoke english, I’d expect to get called out for it. Spanish people seem to think their immune though.

Please either just give them their own servers so they leave, or implement rules making it against the TOS to spam trade channels in a different language.

42 Likes

Some countries cant afford to teach english.

Anyways you have the mute button if you dont like it

5 Likes

Then stick to custom chat channels. Don’t spam an english servers chat with spanish

18 Likes

Racist or not doesn’t matter. It’s making the game unplayable socially for the servers intended demographic. Stop being selfish, stick to your own custom chat channels and guilds. Don’t clog public chats with stuff 90% can’t understand.

Also yes, if i go to another country, say spain, I fully am prepared to speak spanish and fit in because thats the polite and normal thing to do. Every other country and nationallity i’ve seen on wow does it. Why can’t you guys.

14 Likes

Blizz needs to implement spanish servers, pronto. I don’t want my server clogged up by people who become their own completely insular community, spamming general and trade with a foreign language. Anyone who thinks it’s racist to expect people to speak english on an english server is an absolute moron.

12 Likes

Agree

10chars

You don’t need to be taught english in school. I knew english before we even started learning it in school.

8 Likes

Yes if they want to play on English realms. The low amount of Spanish servers isn’t our problem. Learn English or wait in queue on Spanish servers, simple as that. Escuchad mi palabra!

5 Likes

it is against the rules… read several days ago where a blue clearly stated that if the realm in english then speaking in public channels is allowed only in english

4 Likes

No, it’s not. Maybe ignorant, as are those who don’t use server official language for a full conversation. I’m spanish and it is really annoying to have a global chat full of dutch or scandinavian talking in a language you don’t even understand. I understand that not having own servers sucks, I really do, but that’s not other players fault, it is Blizzard’s. I saw a guy creating a spanish speaking chat, that was a nice idea, guild recruitment messages are cool too, of course, but as I said before, a full conversation gets annoying.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain you didn’t, as this has never been in any TOS/EULA or policy dating back to launch, I also had it confirmed to me by an ex-GM I know, but I’m willing to be corrected if you can provide a link.

2 Likes

Then speak it?

Hey there, amigos, has it ever occurred to you, that you, as a nation are not that important to deserve having your own server?

4 Likes

6 hour queues should be bannable

1 Like

So you fully admit you can speak english but refuse to because reasons?

This is why you get so much hate. No other nationality is acting this way except you guys. Fit in or get out.

3 Likes

you have to in public chats like trade or general or local, otherwise it is a ban-able offense once people start right click reporting you… i am romanian and i speak english on english speaking realm… if you don’t like it you are free to go play somewhere else, capisch?

2 Likes

Gehennas is swe central

1 Like

There are no Sanish servers. That’s the problem.

You may have read that wrong, as it’s been stated multiple times that talking in other languages is NOT against the tos and it’s not bannable.

6 Likes