Speculation: WoW Classic has more players than retail in the EU and the US

In EU every time I log in to play classic I run in few players. At launch it was more players but it’s still not even close how it was in US servers .

Americans love to be special in everything , so they play classic hardocre

And two of those were the census-taker? :slight_smile:

6am Monday morning. This is about as low as it gets. So I ran a couple of quick ones (at this time of day, every Census is going to be quick):

Magtheridon: 29 Alliance, 26 Horde
Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire: 17 Alliance, 15 Horde

P.S.
Draenor: 39 Alliance, 285 Horde

@Gráinne: nods very slowly with a sad face

I would love to see some of these “classic bulls” irl…something tells me I might be overcome with sadness and pitty.

Ah, ok; I confirm 250 off peak is what I meant and interpreted.

Btw, on quel’thalas I found 147 people on horde at 2 a.m. last night, so there’s gotta be more allys, probably 300 or so, isn’t that surprisingly high population overnight for that realm?

@Megapixel: While the currently pre-existing data on WCR is quite abysmal in scope, no, in light of what little exists, that horde figure is realistic.

I get tired of these provocative posts on the classic forum, it’s a shame i’m having to see the same here, only for the reverse. Why does it matter which one is more popular?? Play whatever feels addictive :smiley:

What I will say though, blizzard need to realise that even if all the retail players come back to retail after trying classic - it shows some are actively looking for an alternative and whether or not classic is the answer isn’t really the point.

1 Like

Ah, right, as you can see above from the warlock poster, looks like quel’thalas overtook several realms a while ago, used to be a pretty low pop realm, while now I think it’s better off than most, except obviously draenor and the likes, a connected realm will not be able to compete with those in most cases.

Classic WoW players, are WoW players that pay the same subscription that allows for both games to be played.

We dont care about another Classic opinion you’re trying to force on others.

Its normal OP. There was a brutal hype for Classic and literally everyone was trying it including retail players ofc. Buts its like new expansion. BfA sold 3,4 milion copies just first day, WoW hit 10 milion players mark few weeks after release.

Classic is like a new expansion but I think it will drop off massively. People either give up leveling and go back to BfA (and definitely go back for new expansion) or realise the lack of endgame content in Classic.

To sum it up, even if its true and Classic has more players than BfA, its completely normal because its fresh :slight_smile: problem is with lack of content there.

1 Like

interesting information thanks to T&E and wowhead:

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295075/classic-wow-realm-population-report-data-aggregated-through-community

as this is wowhead, its maybe more credible than most sources, BUT as people have said, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

BUT:

these graphs seem to show 2 things:

1. there are 4.4 million toons for US & EU combined. current guesstimates of BfA are 2M-2.5M players for US & EU combined.
  2. the horde-alliance ratio appears to be, overall, about 50-50. this seems to be FAR from the case in BfA, with perma WPVP alliance buff, perma bg alliance buff, far shorter alliance bg queue times and hardly any alliance guilds being able to do mythic EP compared to horde.

interesting when reflecting on BfA?

1 Like

Lol at all these retail players assuring each other that their dead game still has players in it. Face it, a few years down the line retail WoW will go into permanent maintenance mode and will be eventually scrapped.

You compare characters and players - or what do you compare exactly ? Toon and player are not same thing.

thats the thing. we cant compare because they wont release figures, however, for the most part due to the slow pace of classic, i would guess that most people have not made more than 1-3 characters.

we can only guess so long as they dont release numbers. :frowning:

Just how many chars do you post on ? I make this alt 5 of yours.
Hint if you don’t want people finding your alts hide your pets and achivements…

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

On their forums people keep saying making alts, and bank alts constantly.

Which more for me muddies waters. I wish Blizz would just give their numbers :confused:

1 Like

If only sites such as wowprogress were still around. What do you know, it still is. That site alone shows what kind of moron you are.

1 Like

bank alts, yeah i spose actually. dunno about alt alts though, its not exactly quick and easy getting to 60.

i know :frowning: it would clear up so much mess :frowning: it would also stop (or confirm!!) all these numbers/dying threads. cause what else are we meant to think when they wont release numbers, but all we can see around us is our friends have been offline for weeks/months, our guilds are having more problems all the time recruiting and we dont see anybody around us in the open world.

its just sad is all :frowning:

Yes but the scans most people did from census classic didnt use bellow 5 lvl because then the addon goes into infinite loop,so people excluded those level and uploaded there results.That is while the addon worked for classic.